Minniman is offline Hall of Famer

Report: Ponder misses team bus, but Frazier is not alarmed.

Eden Prairie, MN:

Vikings Receiver Jerome Simpson made a good bet on Friday. To lighten up the Vikings practice, he bet Christian Ponder that the quarterback could not hit the team bus in the door with a pass of 30 yards.

Simpson, Ponder, and several teammates marched off the distance in the training facility parking lot before Ponder set up to throw. To the Vikings players' surprise, Ponder missed the bus completely. To explain this, Ponder stated, "Before I had a chance to throw, the bus started slowly moving across the parking lot; that sort of changed things, but I guess I will have to work at it and do better next time."

When head coach Leslie Frazier was told of the parking lot incident, he stated, "I will have to watch the security tape and see what we can do. I support Christian as our best opportunity to hit that bus."

Simpson won his bet.

rockymtdan is offline Rookie
    Quote Originally Posted by Minniman View Post
    Eden Prairie, MN:

Vikings Receiver Jerome Simpson made a good bet on Friday. To lighten up the Vikings practice, he bet Christian Ponder that the quarterback could not hit the team bus in the door with a pass of 30 yards.
    Simpson, Ponder, and several teammates marched off the distance in the training facility parking lot before Ponder set up to throw. To the Vikings players' surprise, Ponder missed the bus completely. To explain this, Ponder stated, "Before I had a chance to throw, the bus started slowly moving across the parking lot; that sort of changed things, but I guess I will have to work at it and do better next time."

When head coach Leslie Frazier was told of the parking lot incident, he stated, "I will have to watch the security tape and see what we can do. I support Christian as our best opportunity to hit that bus."

Simpson won his bet.
    Is this BS or what? If it is true sadly not surprised.
    Go ahead back up your to close away.

RK.
    RK. is offline Ring of Fame Rally Cross II Champion
    Now that right there is funny.

WWBGD

MaxVike is offline Team Alumni
    Also, said Ponder, "it is what it is."

Persistence and determination alone are omnipotent
    ----------------------------------------------
    As a matter of fact, I do know

6-KINGS is offline Asst. Coach
    That would explain why I saw Ponder throwing footballs a moving trains. Darndest thing, he never hit one. The ball went in between the train cars every time.

"VICTORY IS MINE!"

vikinggreg is offline Ring of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by 6-KINGS View Post
    That would explain why I saw Ponder throwing footballs a moving trains. Darndest thing, he never hit one. The ball went in between the train cars every time.
    That reminds me of when the Skins had to taking Mark Brunell out to the ocean after he failed to hit the broadside of a barn......Joe Gibbs...."See he knows, if he throws that ball in ocean, that it might get wet, and it won't be as easy to throw next time." BANG CARTOONS: Hilarious NFL cartoons and podcasts!

i_bleed_purple is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries
    Thanks Minni, you got my hopes up. I was hoping Ponder missed the bus and is stuck at Winter Park while everyone's in Dallas...... disappointing to say the least. :P

6-KINGS is offline Asst. Coach
    Quote Originally Posted by vikinggreg View Post
    That reminds me of when the Skins had to taking Mark Brunell out to the ocean after he failed to hit the broadside of a barn......Joe Gibbs...."See he knows, if he throws that ball in ocean, that it might get wet, and it won't be as easy to throw next time." BANG CARTOONS: Hilarious NFL cartoons and podcasts!
    That is Ponder too! that is funny

"VICTORY IS MINE!"

Reignman is offline Asst. Coach
    Quote Originally Posted by rockymtdan View Post
    Is this BS or what? If it is true sadly not surprised.
    Lol Ponder is so bad people think this story could be true. Wait, why am I laughing? This is depressing.