Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Purple Floyd is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

Report: Frazier given assurance he値l be back with Vikings next year

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2011/12/13/report-frazier-given-assurance-hell-be-back-with-vikings-next-year/

Question of the day:

Did Spielman and the rest of the FO get the same assurance? Because if they did the rest of the division might just chip in help pay their salaries just to assure 2 easy wins a season.

Hopefully Ziggy is prepared for the first blackouts in over a dozen years if he doesn't make any changes. Part of me thinks he is trying to piss the fan base off so much that they want the team t leave.

skum is offline Team Alumni
    Blog Entries
    Well, i don't think its entirly his fault, the offense is starting to come around nicely and thats without our best player and with a rookie QB or Joe Webb in there, while the talent on defence, especially in the secondary is low.

I think we need to give him another shot next year with a full offseason and a dip in free agency to see what he can do..

----
    PUT IN JACKSON!

smegmavike is offline Coordinator
    From 2009 to 2010, the Vikings offense went from 2nd to 29th in scoring offense, 5th to 23rd in total offense,8th to 26th in pass offense, 3rd to 27th in red zone TD efficiency, and first to 20th in sacks given up.
    2010 started out with an injured Rice and the injuries just kept coming.

The team was in sorry shape by the time Frazier took over as interim head coach.

There were significant cap issues due to the all in gamble of trying to win it all now with Favre, which severely handcuffed Frazier's ability to obtain free agents.
    In addition, attracting a head coach with talent and experience would have been next to impossible given the team has no stadium long term, as well as a declining talent pool, and significant cap issues.

Frazier probably would have been wise to decline the head coaching job and wait for a better opportunity elsewhere.

Frazier may have known he needed to rebuild but couldn't say it publicly. McNabb appears to be a big mistake, but Ponder cetainly wasn't ready to start from day one.

Given new offensive and defensive coordinators with somewhat new systems, and no off season, a less than spectacular season was predictable.

The good news is the fortunes of NFL teams can dramaticly change from one year to the next. A handful of new players, an off season to learn and work on the systems as a team, and a little injury luck can turn things around.

Leslie Frazier should be granted the benefit of aquiring some of his own players and an off season to work with them before he is marked as a failure.

Blog Entries
    I am not as much concerned with Frazier as the rest of the front office. You can shuffle coaches every few years and get nowhere if the front office is not of the same caliber as the top franchises in the league and right now our front office is looking like a bunch of amateurs.

They can't get anywhere with the stadium, they have the salary cap maxed out with something like 14 free agents coming up in the off season and they have so many holes on the team that it is hard to imagine even with the best effort that it could be turned around in less than 3 years. Add to that they are still paying the last coach and some of the staff because they screwed the pooch and extended their contracts less than a year before canning them.

singersp is online now PPO Newshound
    Yep, I recall when Zygi told Tice & Childress their jobs were safe. Both were fired the same year.

Wilf's word means squat.

"If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

kevoncox is offline Jersey Retired
    I will say it again, Several of the fan favorites need to be playing elsewhere next season. On that list is EJ, Shank, Winfield, and K. Williams. No disrespect but each of those are demanding huge contracts and their play is average to slightly above average. By cut/trading/not resigning these guys, we will easily clear up 26 million in cap. Madieu Williams and McKinney numbers come off the cap and we can be major players in free agency. Hopefully Cook pleads out and he is able to play again. Griffen needs to be cut as well.

We need to make 4 moves this offseasons,
    1) Sign L. Landy
    2) Trade for Asante Samuel (4th rounder for him and a late round pick)
    3) Sign Carl Nicks away from the Saints. Make him a huge signing, similar to what we did with Hutch ( speaking of which, move Hutch to the right side.
    4) Sign Joe Staley

I think these 4 moves, will put us in a great place to do what we need to do with out draft picks.
    Our Oline might be the best in the business. Hutch will then be able to help Loadholt out more.

We can take WR in the first, Burfict or M'teo in the 2nd, Draft a DT in the 3rd and address another WR in the 4th.

i_bleed_purple is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by kevoncox View Post
    I will say it again, Several of the fan favorites need to be playing elsewhere next season. On that list is EJ, Shank, Winfield, and K. Williams. No disrespect but each of those are demanding huge contracts and their play is average to slightly above average. By cut/trading/not resigning these guys, we will easily clear up 26 million in cap. Madieu Williams and McKinney numbers come off the cap and we can be major players in free agency. Hopefully Cook pleads out and he is able to play again. Griffen needs to be cut as well.

We need to make 4 moves this offseasons,
    1) Sign L. Landy
    2) Trade for Asante Samuel (4th rounder for him and a late round pick)
    3) Sign Carl Nicks away from the Saints. Make him a huge signing, similar to what we did with Hutch ( speaking of which, move Hutch to the right side.
    4) Sign Joe Staley

I think these 4 moves, will put us in a great place to do what we need to do with out draft picks.
    Our Oline might be the best in the business. Hutch will then be able to help Loadholt out more.

We can take WR in the first, Burfict or M'teo in the 2nd, Draft a DT in the 3rd and address another WR in the 4th.
    Another rare occurance where we agree.

Not sure about KW, although he's not putting upt the huge numbers he was early on, he's still a great player. Maybe not elite anymore, but definitely solid. Without him we are lost at DT. Can'ta fford to give him up just yet.

But EJ has to go, Shank is expendable. Griffen needs to go asap, Winfield is probably gone. Outside of that, only other "Fan favourtie" might be Kliensasser, who's on his way out anyway.

Blog Entries
    So the right way to fix the team is to drop a leader on and off the field like Winfield and bring back a woman beater?

I am having a hard time tracking with that game plan.

12purplepride28 is offline Star Spokesman
    Blog Entries
    Just so we're clear guys... Cedric Griffin and Everson Griffen. I don't mind speelling mistakes unlees its a playurs naym okkkay?

And I agree completely with kevon, though I'd like to keep Kevin, as IBP said, we have no one else. I want to try Winfield at safety before we let him go, as we're screwed back there too.
    I am NOT here to provide good football insight or rational observations. I am an emotional 19 year old Viking fan and I expect you to adjust your expectations from my posts.

12purplepride28 is offline Star Spokesman
    Blog Entries
    Also, I am in favor of giving Frazier another year. He is a new coach with two new QBs and no talent in the secondary. Give him another year with FA and draft and if no improvement comes, scratch him. His only big mistakes IMO were his coordinators, which should both be fixed. Look at how much a coaching change can affect a defense! Take a peek at the niners and texans... We need a good D coordinator, a GM, and a competent OC, although I'd be fine giving Musgrave another year.
    I am NOT here to provide good football insight or rational observations. I am an emotional 19 year old Viking fan and I expect you to adjust your expectations from my posts.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast