Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    i_bleed_purple is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

purpledoom is offline Starter
    You got to be kidding me. I'm so sick of seeing Ponder running around looking lost and scared it ain't funny. I'ld rather watch Freeman throw picks.
    Last edited by purpledoom; 10-31-2013 at 09:39 AM.

LIVike is offline Starter
    Ed Werder tweeted that Freeman is expected to start but I would lean towards Simpson having the better knowledge. I'm not surprised. Has Freeman even been cleared to practice? Regardless he lost another week of practice. I'd expect him to start against Washington though.
    None

i_bleed_purple is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by LIVike View Post
    Ed Werder tweeted that Freeman is expected to start but I would lean towards Simpson having the better knowledge. I'm not surprised. Has Freeman even been cleared to practice? Regardless he lost another week of practice. I'd expect him to start against Washington though.
    Apparently yesterday, the QB rotation was Ponder, then Cassel, then Freeman.

smegmavike is offline Coordinator
    I wont waste another three hours of my time watching if Ponder is the QB.
    Freeman would at least provide some interest in an otherwise irrelevant game.
    The Vikings have served up a main course of crap for their fans this year. Will it be the SOS week after week ?

tastywaves is offline Ring of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by LIVike View Post
    I listened to Frazier yesterday and heard him discussing Freeman. He has been cleared at this point according to Leslie, but he has not been involved in practice like you mentioned. So if Freeman does get the start, he will have pretty much the same amount of prep he had before his last start that went so well. The collective football world once again will be outraged when Freeman stinks it up about how can Frazier possibly think he was ready to start.

I am not real excited about watching Ponder start another game either, but I can't say I would be real surprised.

My preference would be to put in Freeman, even if he is ill-prepared, just because I would like to see him get as much time behind center for the remainder of the year as possible. But, if winning is still an objective, the rationale to use Ponder isn't hard to understand.

drewlovs is offline Pro-Bowler
    I expected Ponder.

They will want Freeman to be as ready as he can for his next "first game", so I'm betting he has been cramming on our offense instead of heavy practice, to be ready for week 10.
    Men are moved by two levers only: fear and self interest.
    ~Napoleon Bonaparte

Minniman is offline Hall of Famer
    Cassel is better than Ponder, and Cassel is mediocre.

For those fans who do not understand the importance of a good quarterback, the Vikings are making a good case study for future reference.

Reignman is offline Asst. Coach
    Quote Originally Posted by tastywaves View Post
    But, if winning is still an objective, the rationale to use Ponder isn't hard to understand.
    If winning is still an objective then the rationale would be to start Cassel. Why Ponder is still even in the discussion is just baffling to me. You can't tell me they're still not sure about him after watching him vs the Packers. I would have cut him immediately after the game last week and signed another bum off the street to replace him. He couldn't be any worse.

singersp is offline PPO Newshound
    Quote Originally Posted by Reignman View Post
    If winning is still an objective then the rationale would be to start Cassel. Why Ponder is still even in the discussion is just baffling to me. You can't tell me they're still not sure about him after watching him vs the Packers. I would have cut him immediately after the game last week and signed another bum off the street to replace him. He couldn't be any worse.
    They couldn't. We already added him to the roster over 3 weeks ago.

"If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast