Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    singersp is offline PPO Newshound

Replacement Ref Admits Mistake

Replacement Ref Incorrectly Awards 49ers Challenges Against Vikings, Admits Mistake

Replacement Ref Incorrectly Awards 49ers Challenges Against Vikings, Admits Mistake

"If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

Purple Floyd is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries
    Yeah, that one was hard to sweep under the rug. The Ravens/Pats game was worse though.

Minniman is offline Hall of Famer
    Quote Originally Posted by Purple Floyd View Post
    Yeah, that one was hard to sweep under the rug. The Ravens/Pats game was worse though.
    I do not feel bad for the Patriots. They are taught to hold as much as the refs will allow, they bump late on defense, and Brady is treated like he is made of glass. The field goal was good, so too bad for cheater Bill Belichick and the Patriots.

tastywaves is online now Ring of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by Minniman View Post
    I do not feel bad for the Patriots. They are taught to hold as much as the refs will allow, they bump late on defense, and Brady is treated like he is made of glass. The field goal was good, so too bad for cheater Bill Belichick and the Patriots.
    Oh yea, any day that Belichick loses is a good day. When he's whining and complaining, it's that much better. Anytime Brady opens his mouth and complains that some mean DL touched him inappropriately, he usually gets a flag. This is one good aspect from these refs. I'm not sure they know who Tom Brady is.

Both coaches in this game (ravens/patriots) had a lot to complain about...just one more thing teams need to understand going into Sunday (or monday, or thursday, or wednesday).

I never thought that having replacement refs. would be so bad. As much as I hated the refs. before, watching these new guys really opens my eyes. It's embarrassing to watch.

Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!
    I came into this considering the following....

a. I never blame the refs. If you lose a game its because you played crappy enough to let the other team stay close enough to beat you in the end. - Result - Your fault.

b. I thought these cats would make mistakes but not enough to really matter. See item a.

c. I thought the mistakes would start to taper off as they got more games under their belts. Lets not forget, these cats are even lower on the totem pole that the guys doing the NCAA games cause those guys didn't leave. .....however, coma, they haven't gotten better.

I think its time the NFL caved and gave the old guys the $38K they are asking for in their 401k plans.
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

rednorsk is offline Rookie
    The ref caved under the 49er coaches rants yesterday. IMHO the coach forced the error and should be fined by the NFL.
    Last edited by rednorsk; 09-24-2012 at 02:49 PM. Reason: spelling
    None

tastywaves is online now Ring of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by Marrdro View Post

a. I never blame the refs. If you lose a game its because you played crappy enough to let the other team stay close enough to beat you in the end. - Result - Your fault.

b. I thought these cats would make mistakes but not enough to really matter. See item a.

c. I thought the mistakes would start to taper off as they got more games under their belts. Lets not forget, these cats are even lower on the totem pole that the guys doing the NCAA games cause those guys didn't leave. .....however, coma, they haven't gotten better.

I think its time the NFL caved and gave the old guys the $38K they are asking for in their 401k plans.
    I came into this thinking that the replacement refs were going to degrade the quality of the product, why would any fan be okay with that? I can understand the labor dispute and probably see both sides of it, but you know what, I don't care, all I care about is what I see on Sunday's.

For me it's not so much about how they effect the eventual winner of the game, but how the game is played. I think they are doing the best they can, and probably with less bias then the regular refs, but the game is just too fast and the atmosphere too big for them to handle.

Roger Goodell is starting to understand he doesn't have god like powers, and I don't think he likes it much. First the players questioning his judgement on issuing appropriate suspensions and now thinking the NFL is so popular that they can get by with putting any quality of officiating that they want.

Then there is the safety/legal concerns. The league claims their number one priority is players' safety. How can they claim that when they put refs in the game that are unable to recognize plays that put players safety in jeopardy and are against the rules?

Purple Floyd is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries
    Even though the timeout /challenge thing at the end of the game sucked, we got a few earlier calls that helped us and the late ones didn't lose us the game. I actually like the way the team has been officiated better with the replacement refs than the regular ones. In some ways I actually think it is evening the league out to an extent as some teams that traditionally get the calls aren't and some that usually don't are.

singersp is offline PPO Newshound
    Quote Originally Posted by Marrdro View Post

My understanding is they are talking millions in back pay. It's not as cut & dry as simply the 401K monies.

"If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast