Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Purple Floyd is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

Rep Tom Hackbarth releases stadium funding plan.

For those of you who think the legislature is sitting on their hands. At least one Rep. is proposing a way to fund it.

Interestingly enough I made the same type of proposal over a year ago and i really think it makes a ton of sense.

http://www.hometownsource.com/index....news&Itemid=29

“My constituents are very clear that they do not want the Vikings to leave Minnesota.
    At the same time, Vikings ownership is clear on their
    desire to work toward a new stadium.
    The Vikings are showing their commitment to building a winning franchise and it is time lawmakers
    showed a commitment to help keep that franchise in Minnesota,” Hackbarth said.
    We should all get behind this. Also, they should have video poker screens in every seat so fans can take in the game and try their luck during the intermission. The stadium would be paid for in a very short time.

Zeus is offline Jersey Retired

Re: Rep Tom Hackbarth releases stadium funding plan.

"UffDaVikes" wrote:
    For those of you who think the legislature is sitting on their hands. At least one Rep. is proposing a way to fund it.

Interestingly enough I made the same type of proposal over a year ago and i really think it makes a ton of sense.

“My constituents are very clear that they do not want the Vikings to leave Minnesota.
    The Vikings are showing their commitment to building a winning franchise and it is time lawmakers
    We should all get behind this. Also, they should have video poker screens in every seat so fans can take in the game and try their luck during the intermission. The stadium would be paid for in a very short time.
    Thanks, Uffda.
    I just sent both my state senator and representative the following email:

Keeping the Vikings in Minnesota - I support Rep. Hackbarth's plan

I am one of your constituents and wish to wholeheartedly express my support for the stadium funding plan released today by Representative Tom Hackbarth.

As a Vikings season-ticket holder, my personal passion for the Vikings is without question.
    I believe that having an NFL team in Minnesota has a positive economic impact on the state as well as having a positive national impact for Minnesota.
    The NFL is the premiere sporting league in the United States and having a franchise located in the Twin Cities is prestigious and not something to be taken lightly.
    Conversely, losing the Vikings will mark the area, on the national stage, as second-class and a backwater which I do not believe it to be.

This past Monday night, for the Vikings-Packers game, I tailgated with a group that included visitors from Denmark, England, Connecticut, Maryland, North Dakota and many towns and cities in Minnesota itself.
    The visitors from England stayed in the area for several days and enjoyed what the Twin Cities have to offer beyond just the football game.
    However, they would not have made the trip if not for the Vikings.

The clock is ticking on finding a stadium solution for the Vikings.
    The lease for the Vikings at the Dome expires in 2011 and the time is ripe to get a deal done.
    An economic recovery is coming (if it has not already begun) and locking in a deal now will save the state money over an 11th-hour solution once (and if) the legislature realizes farther down the road that the Vikings cannot be allowed to leave.

I thank you for your time and consideration of my viewpoint.
    Anyone on PPO should feel free to copy my letter (or use it to write your own).

Here is where you can find out who your state senator and representative are:
    http://www.leg.state.mn.us/

If you love the Vikings like I do, it's time to let your voice be heard.
    Send that email today!

=Z=

Thanks to Josdin for the awesome sig!

snowinapril is offline Jersey Retired

"UffDaVikes" wrote:

Favre got to Hackbarth!

snowinapril is offline Jersey Retired

I am glad that Hackbarth is speaking out like that.
    It is a huge step.

Formo is offline Team Alumni

I just sent my reps my letter...
    Basically copy and pasted Z's letter, with a few changes to make it more accurate with my situation.

Hittin' my knees that this works!
    Vegans are eating the rainforests. =(

Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!

Great stuff my friends.

Z, sent my family (all MN voters) a copy of your letter and the link provided.
    Hope it helps.
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

Blog Entries

"Zeus" wrote:
    "UffDaVikes" wrote:

Thanks, Uffda.
    I just sent both my state senator and representative the following email:

Keeping the Vikings in Minnesota - I support Rep. Hackbarth's plan

I am one of your constituents and wish to wholeheartedly express my support for the stadium funding plan released today by Representative Tom Hackbarth.

As a Vikings season-ticket holder, my personal passion for the Vikings is without question.
    I believe that having an NFL team in Minnesota has a positive economic impact on the state as well as having a positive national impact for Minnesota.
    The NFL is the premiere sporting league in the United States and having a franchise located in the Twin Cities is prestigious and not something to be taken lightly.
    Conversely, losing the Vikings will mark the area, on the national stage, as second-class and a backwater which I do not believe it to be.

This past Monday night, for the Vikings-Packers game, I tailgated with a group that included visitors from Denmark, England, Connecticut, Maryland, North Dakota and many towns and cities in Minnesota itself.
    The visitors from England stayed in the area for several days and enjoyed what the Twin Cities have to offer beyond just the football game.
    However, they would not have made the trip if not for the Vikings.

The clock is ticking on finding a stadium solution for the Vikings.
    The lease for the Vikings at the Dome expires in 2011 and the time is ripe to get a deal done.
    An economic recovery is coming (if it has not already begun) and locking in a deal now will save the state money over an 11th-hour solution once (and if) the legislature realizes farther down the road that the Vikings cannot be allowed to leave.

I thank you for your time and consideration of my viewpoint.
    Anyone on PPO should feel free to copy my letter (or use it to write your own).

Here is where you can find out who your state senator and representative are:
    http://www.leg.state.mn.us/

If you love the Vikings like I do, it's time to let your voice be heard.
    Send that email today!

=Z=
    There you go.

Now lets get it done.

jmcdon00 is offline Jersey Retired Snake Champion, Moto Trial Fest 2: Mountain Pack Champion, LL City Truck 2 Champion, Arithmetic sequence Champion, Troops Tower Defense Champion

Gambling is wrong, I bet this doesn't pass.

BloodyHorns82 is offline Jersey Retired Feed The Frog Champion

I say we tear down the new Guthrie and use the materials to help build a new Vikings stadium.

Blog Entries

"jmcdon00" wrote:
    Gambling is wrong, I bet this doesn't pass.
    How about if they add a prostitution provision to it?

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast