COJOMAY is offline Jersey Retired

Remember when Patrick Reusse was blasting Culpepper?

I know you all remember the hewn outcry of the Minnesota press about the Vikings boat incident. Terrible; shows the teams true colors; ruined the chances of the new stadium; bad image for our youth; blah, blah, blah. I mean they were crucified in the press.
    Now that Daunte's gone, listen to what the Reusse is saying about the incident from the Star/Tribune:
    It is still to be determined if he treated himself to a lap dance on a boat, but even if true, this rates only slightly ahead of Kevin Garnett flipping a basketball that taps a fan in the noggin on the meter of egregious behavior.
    That's what a lot of PPO members were saying but the press went on and on saying this was the worst thing in Minnesota history.
    Now that Culpeppers gone, the article says, Minnesota has made the biggest mistake in their history, even more than the Moss trade.
    Ahhhhh, what would we do without the press to keep us abreast of things. Thank God for PPO.
    If you want to read the whole story, here's the link:
    http://www.startribune.com/508/story/307551.html
    Kentucky Vikes Fan

When you require nothing, you get nothing; when you expect nothing, you will find nothing; when you embrace nothing, all you will have is nothing.

Re: Remember when Patrick Reusse was blasting Culpepper?

"COJOMAY" wrote:
    I know you all remember the hewn outcry of the Minnesota press about the Vikings boat incident. Terrible; shows the teams true colors; ruined the chances of the new stadium; bad image for our youth; blah, blah, blah. I mean they were crucified in the press.
    Now that Daunte's gone, listen to what the Reusse is saying about the incident from the Star/Tribune:
    It is still to be determined if he treated himself to a lap dance on a boat, but even if true, this rates only slightly ahead of Kevin Garnett flipping a basketball that taps a fan in the noggin on the meter of egregious behavior.
    That's what a lot of PPO members were saying but the press went on and on saying this was the worst thing in Minnesota history.
    Now that Culpeppers gone, the article says, Minnesota has made the biggest mistake in their history, even more than the Moss trade.
    Ahhhhh, what would we do without the press to keep us abreast of things. Thank God for PPO.
    If you want to read the whole story, here's the link:
    http://www.startribune.com/508/story/307551.html
    TOTALLY AGREED!! These dam star trib sports writers have one opinion, then change the next minute....it pisses me off...!!! THANK GOD FOR THIS SITE!!!

Frankly I never understood what the big deal was about the boat anyway. I mean as a Packer fan I enjoyed it immensely as you can imagine, but what was the big deal anyway? Did anyone really think athletic young men with millions didn't enjoy the company of strippers? Hell, if that's shocking to you, trust me you don't want to know what your military is up to when the pull into the PI or Thailand for example.

You really don't want to know.
    "He either fears his fate too much,
    Or his deserts are small,
    Who dares not put it to the touch,
    To win or lose it all. "

collegeguyjeff is offline Hall of Famer

that guy is an idiot. all the media does the same thing, they bad mouth us year round then when we make a trade it's bad for us and good for the other team.
    I don t buy Wisconsin cheese.

josdin00 is offline Ring of Fame

Just for reference, I found an old article of Reusse's.

http://www.startribune.com/510/story/66373.html
    Culpepper faced the media and did not have the courage either to 'fess up or to deny his involvement in last week's evening of Vikings debauchery on Lake Minnetonka.

"I have no comment on the whole situation," he said. "I am talking about the Chicago Bears. We are going to try to take care of business and get a win."

Sorry, Daunte. This was one day when the clichés weren't going to work. This was a day when everyone in Vikingland was looking for someone -- preferably the team's alleged star -- to show some guts.

If you were on one of those boats, this was a chance to stand up, admit it, apologize and announce again what so far has been a fraudulent commitment to team leadership.

If you were not involved, this was a chance to stand up and publicly demand from teammates an end to this constant pattern of embarrassing the franchise.

"Our goals when we set out at the beginning of the year were win our division and to win the Super Bowl."

We heard you say that again, Daunte, but that dodge is over.

It's bull. Everyone knows it's bull. Five weeks and four games into the schedule, the record is clear: For far too many of the 2005 Vikings, getting high and getting with women carries much more of a priority than winning a division or a Super Bowl.

On sea or on land, wherever Culpepper was Thursday night, he should be ashamed of everything about this team that he had promised to lead.

Everything. On the field, off the field.

COJOMAY is offline Jersey Retired

Good find Josdin! Reusse is a A--hole!
    Kentucky Vikes Fan

When you require nothing, you get nothing; when you expect nothing, you will find nothing; when you embrace nothing, all you will have is nothing.

Vikes is offline Team Alumni

Sell those papers...Sell those papers.....Media sucks for the most part.

The rigors of Spartan life. Leonidas is cast out into the wild, and survives the harsh winter to return to his home, when he is crowned King ....a Viking!

iluvbigtds is offline Rookie

I think everyone should email that moron and call him out on what a hypocrite he is. Its one thing to have a dissenting opinion, but its completely damaging to his small shred of credibility when he contradicts himself.