Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Remember this

vikingsalltheway is offline Coordinator

Remember this

Jacksonville 20, New Orleans 19--- at ALLTEL stadium, attendance 49,207. The Jaguars defeated the Saints when John Carney missed an extra point following a three-lateral, 75-yard touchdown on the game's final play to eliminate New Orleans from playoff Contention. The Jaguars took a 17-10 lead with 21 seconds left in the first half on Fred Taylor's 1-yard run to cap a 65-yard drive. Seth Marler kicked a 35-yard field goal just before the end of the third quarter for a 20-13 lead, but Marler's 21-yard attempt with 9:24 remaining was blocked by Fakhir Brown. Two possessions later the Saints drove to the Jaguars' 9 but Brooks' fourth-and-goal pass fell incomplete with 2:07 to play. The Saints got the ball back on their own 25 with 11 seconds left. Brooks completed a 30-yard pass to Donte' Stallworth, who broke a few tackles and cut across field before lateraling to Michael Lewis at the Jaguars' 33. Lewis ran 7 yards before shoveling the ball to Deuce McAllister, who ran 5 yards before drawing a crowd. McAllister turned and threw an overhand to Jerome Pathon, who raced the final 21 yards for a touchdown. However, Carney's extra-point attempt sailed wide right. Byron Leftwich was 9 of 17 for 131 yards and 1 touchdown, with 2 interceptions. Taylor rushed 34 times for 194 yards. Brooks was 22 of 38 for 296 yards and 2 touchdowns.
    982be7163de23b12be0039fa7de5b166

vikingsalltheway is offline Coordinator

Remember this

Unbelivable but Carney missed the extra point. I seen that happen live just amazing.
    982be7163de23b12be0039fa7de5b166

VKG4LFE is offline Jersey Retired Tetris Champion, Monkey GO Happy 4 Champion

Remember this

Who were you rooting for? That was an incredible turn of events. What is worse, losing a game like that on an extra point, where your team just made one of the greatest plays just to be able to tie, or losing how the vikes lost last year? It's a tough one, but I have to go with the vikes game because there was a trip to the playoffs on the line.

I get the most pissed off looks from people with my VKG 4 LFE Wisconsin license plate, and I LOVE IT!!

rjkvikings is offline Asst. Coach

Remember this

I didn't actually see it live, but i saw the play a couple times on the news. That was an awesome play and i can't believe he missed the extra point. i thought it was hilarious though because my girlfriend is a Saints fan. I agree with VKG4LFE though. Our loss was worse.

ItalianStallion is offline Jersey Retired

Remember this

I believe the saints had to win that game to keep their playoff chances alive.

I m like a Ja Rule poster, cause I'm off the wall.

VKG4LFE is offline Jersey Retired Tetris Champion, Monkey GO Happy 4 Champion

Remember this

Man everybody on here has a girlfriend/wife/fiance that is a fan of some other team!! What is wrong with us, why can't we find good women that cheer for the vikes right along with us!!

I get the most pissed off looks from people with my VKG 4 LFE Wisconsin license plate, and I LOVE IT!!

rjkvikings is offline Asst. Coach

Remember this

"VKG4LFE" wrote:
    Man everybody on here has a girlfriend/wife/fiance that is a fan of some other team!! What is wrong with us, why can't we find good women that cheer for the vikes right along with us!!
    Well, she actually does cheer for the Vikes with me as long as they aren't playing the Saints. i'm gonna buy her a Vikings jersey for this season too. Too bad i can't get her to completely come over to our side and be a Vikes fan.

josdin00 is offline Ring of Fame

Remember this

"VKG4LFE" wrote:
    Because some of us live in the wrong state.

triedandtruevikesfan is offline Jersey Retired

Remember this

I do believe we've had this discussion before... you poor boys break my heart! HEHE

sdvikefan is offline Hall of Famer

Remember this

I do remember that game. I watched the whole thing and it was unbelievable.

I was pulling for the Saints as that was going on because it's not too often you see teams do the "West Coast Weave" and score off it. Carney had to feel like crap after that...I mean it pretty much embarassed the whole team.
    "Meet at the quarterback!" -Purple People Eaters

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast