Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Remember

Mark_The_Viking is offline Asst. Coach
    Quote Originally Posted by MulletMullitia View Post
    But We are even overpaying our own guys!.... We waited until the last possible second and then made Loadholt the #2 highest paid RT in the NFL. Do you think he is the 2nd best RT in the NFL? We can't even get the easy ones right.
    No he isn't the 2nd, 3rd or even in most peoples top ten so not sure why this big money was paid
    Purple till i die

tarkenton10 is offline Star Spokesman
    Quote Originally Posted by MulletMullitia View Post
    Seifert said the Bears were never even interested... so it's hard to believe they saw big money coming. Bears only jumped today because they knew we would sign him at any cost. They had their eye on Bushrod the whole time.
    There were better tackles to be had in FA, if you were paying top 3 money why not sign Sebastian Vollmer.

There s only two things stopping you - fear and common sense!! The Truth you CAN"T HANDLE THE TRUTH!!!!!!!!

Purple Floyd is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by singersp View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Purple Floyd View Post
    Back to 2006 when Childress was hired. We spent big time in FA and signed McKinney to a big contract. Got Chester Taylor, overspent on WR , later on added JA and then 4 years later all those contracts that were backloaded,as they usually are, came back to bite us as did the big FA signing of Brett at QB. All that spending instead of building through the draft put is in CAP hell and it has taken us a few years to get out of it plus we have had to go young to rebuild the roster.
    Other than the picks we gave up for JA, how do you figure signing FA's prevent us from building thru the draft?

We still had those draft picks and I don't recall forfeiting a single one of them because we signed Taylor, Favre, any other FA or re-signing McKinney.

In those 7 drafts we still had 52 picks.

We either didn't draft well with those picks or lost the good players to FA. In the 7 years preceding this one, only 7 of our draft picks that hit or would have hit FA are still with the team today.
    i never said it prevented us from building through the draft. I said those contracts put us in cap hell when they came up for renewal. .but go ahead and throw your theory out there.

VikesfaninWis is offline Jersey Retired
    Quote Originally Posted by tarkenton10 View Post
    There were better tackles to be had in FA, if you were paying top 3 money why not sign Sebastian Vollmer.
    My guess is they simply didn't want to mess up the familiarity of the OL with everyone knowing each other and knowing each others style of play. That is my only guess.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234