Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Remember

i_bleed_purple is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries
    Remember when Bobby Boucher showed up at halftime and the Muddogs won the Bourbon Bowl?

VikesfaninWis is offline Jersey Retired
    Remember when we had very good QB's and superstar WR's? I can, and they still couldn't win a SB.

MulletMullitia is offline PP.O Ambassador
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by i_bleed_purple View Post
    Remember when Bobby Boucher showed up at halftime and the Muddogs won the Bourbon Bowl?
    I'll drive to Hattiesburg if you will lol

Sorry Rick! Keep up the good work.

PackSux! is offline Hall of Famer
    Quote Originally Posted by MulletMullitia View Post
    But We are even overpaying our own guys!.... We waited until the last possible second and then made Loadholt the #2 highest paid RT in the NFL. Do you think he is the 2nd best RT in the NFL? We can't even get the easy ones right.
    In my mind Loadholt is a damn good right tackle. Perhaps a little jumpy at times but he holds his own against the pass rush and even more so when he gets to get lose and run block.

Peterson wanted him back and if my memory serves me right he even wanted to work out with him this off season. The march for 2500 is on!

Purple Floyd is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by MulletMullitia View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Purple Floyd View Post
    So you bitch that we don't overspend in one breath and then bitch that we do on the other. I am not sure how the team could possibly make you a happy fan in terms of personnel with that.

Do you thing Jennings is worth 10-12 million dollars? It isn't like he is a top 20 WR in the league. He was like the third or fourth best on the Packers behind Cobb, Nelson and jones.
    When he tried to come back from a groin injury? Yeah he had a bad year. And he had a problem with his knee. That doesn't change the fact that he's a all star when he's healthy. Runs better routes than almost anyone in the NFL. Provides leadership and professionalism. Does James Jones do that? Didn't think so. Anyone that has the success that he's had in our division has my total respect. Period. Is he Randy Moss for us? No. But he could be Reggie Wayne!
    So he is injury prone and you are putting your eggs in his basket?

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by PackSux! View Post
    In my mind Loadholt is a damn good right tackle. Perhaps a little jumpy at times but he holds his own against the pass rush and even more so when he gets to get lose and run block.

Peterson wanted him back and if my memory serves me right he even wanted to work out with him this off season. The march for 2500 is on!
    Don't get me wrong, I definitely wanted him back! Like I said... he is about the 10th best RT on paper. So why not pay him 5-10 money instead of top 3 money? The Bears ran our price up because they knew they could. We had exclusive rights. Could have finished the deal before he even talked to the Bears. We waited too long and got burnt. That 2 day wait cost us Winfield. If we sign him at 5 instead of 6.5, I was told that we would have had enough flexibility to keep Winny. That's the price we paid. We had to keep Loadholt. But the process was all wrong.

Blog Entries

Remember

How do you know that we waited on Loadholt and not that his agent waited to test the market and get his client the best deal? It's a two way street my friend.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by smegmavike View Post
    Back to 2006 when Childress was hired. We spent big time in FA and signed McKinney to a big contract. Got Chester Taylor, overspent on WR , later on added JA and then 4 years later all those contracts that were backloaded,as they usually are, came back to bite us as did the big FA signing of Brett at QB. All that spending instead of building through the draft put is in CAP hell and it has taken us a few years to get out of it plus we have had to go young to rebuild the roster. Do you really want to go back into the mode of overspending in FA and setting ourselves up for CAP trouble a few years down the road when the new stadium opens up? Come on, at some point you have to understand that big time FA signings can work if the team is solid and if that player will help you get to the SB but we are not there yet.

If that doesn't work, thing back to the Walker trade if you are old enough to have lived through that and know that adding the player you want, even if you think we need it, probably won't give you what you think they will and they will cost you a player down the line that you could have had if you hadn't broken the bank in the past.

just sayin- Let things work themselves out and be glad we aren't Buffalo, who blew the bank on Mario last year and now cut their QB and are left with Tarvaris Jackson to resurrect the franchise.
    Wisdom 101 brother !
    What the hell happened to me that I have become the beacon of hope in the morass of PP. O? Lol

Blog Entries
    How do you know that we waited on Loadholt and not that his agent waited to test the market and get his client the best deal? It's a two way street my friend.
    Seifert said the Bears were never even interested... so it's hard to believe they saw big money coming. Bears only jumped today because they knew we would sign him at any cost. They had their eye on Bushrod the whole time.

Chazz is offline Coordinator
    They tried to sign him during the season last year and nothing came of it. Most likely because Loadholt and his agent felt they could get more money if they waited until FA, and they were right. They took a gamble he wouldn't get hurt and won...nothing more nothing less.

I'm surprised people forget about that. There was bitching left and right that we were working on signing Loadholt and not Harvin.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast