Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 11 to 17 of 17
  1. #11
    mewario's Avatar
    mewario is offline Starter
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    188

    Re: Release worked out for Koren Robinson

    The title of this thread scared me!

    "Release worked out for Koren Robinson"

    as in.. details of pending release are being worked out for Koren Robinson.

  2. #12
    singersp's Avatar
    singersp is offline PPO Newshound
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Posts
    52,266

    Re: Release worked out for Koren Robinson

    "michaelmazid" wrote:
    "singersp" wrote:
    [size=18px]Super Bowl: Release worked out for Robinson, Seahawks[/size]



    http://www.startribune.com/510/story/215444.html
    :scratch: hmmmm. Not really. They are playing in the Super Bowl and he is sitting at home but it worked out for the VIKINGS.
    I totally disagree with you.

    If K-rob were to choose between being in the Super Bowl & still being a drunk with the same lifestyle vs. being clean & sober & playing for the Vikings with his present lifestyle & not being in the Super Bowl, I guarantee you he would choose the latter.

    Unless you've been an alcoholic on both sides of the bottle, you have no idea how much better the sober side is & what you'd give up to have it. :wink:

    "If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

  3. #13
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    1,185

    Re: Release worked out for Koren Robinson

    The Seahawks loss is OUR gain !!!!
    I ll be dead and cold before I m green and gold



    Thanks to PPE for sig

  4. #14
    michaelmazid is offline Team Alumni
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    2,876

    Re: Release worked out for Koren Robinson

    "singersp" wrote:
    "michaelmazid" wrote:
    "singersp" wrote:
    [size=18px]Super Bowl: Release worked out for Robinson, Seahawks[/size]



    http://www.startribune.com/510/story/215444.html
    :scratch: hmmmm. Not really. They are playing in the Super Bowl and he is sitting at home but it worked out for the VIKINGS.
    I totally disagree with you.

    If K-rob were to choose between being in the Super Bowl & still being a drunk with the same lifestyle vs. being clean & sober & playing for the Vikings with his present lifestyle & not being in the Super Bowl, I guarantee you he would choose the latter.

    Unless you've been an alcoholic on both sides of the bottle, you have no idea how much better the sober side is & what you'd give up to have it. :wink:
    who is talking about being an alcoholic? I am speaking as far as a football point of view. So are you saying that the city of Seattle made him drunk and if he was there, he would still be a drunk but since he now plays for minnesota, he is not a drunk anymore. Seattle simply cut him, otherwise he would be still playing for them. Dont' forget that nobody wanted him except us however, we didn't put him in a rehab center.

  5. #15
    singersp's Avatar
    singersp is offline PPO Newshound
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Posts
    52,266

    Re: Release worked out for Koren Robinson

    "michaelmazid" wrote:
    "singersp" wrote:
    "michaelmazid" wrote:
    "singersp" wrote:
    [size=18px]Super Bowl: Release worked out for Robinson, Seahawks[/size]



    http://www.startribune.com/510/story/215444.html
    :scratch: hmmmm. Not really. They are playing in the Super Bowl and he is sitting at home but it worked out for the VIKINGS.
    I totally disagree with you.

    If K-rob were to choose between being in the Super Bowl & still being a drunk with the same lifestyle vs. being clean & sober & playing for the Vikings with his present lifestyle & not being in the Super Bowl, I guarantee you he would choose the latter.

    Unless you've been an alcoholic on both sides of the bottle, you have no idea how much better the sober side is & what you'd give up to have it. :wink:
    who is talking about being an alcoholic? I am speaking as far as a football point of view. So are you saying that the city of Seattle made him drunk and if he was there, he would still be a drunk but since he now plays for minnesota, he is not a drunk anymore. Seattle simply cut him, otherwise he would be still playing for them. Dont' forget that nobody wanted him except us however, we didn't put him in a rehab center.
    Don't get your undershorts all bunched up! :lol: J/K

    I took your comment as saying K-Rob release didn't work out for him because the Seahawks are going to the Superbowl & he's not.

    If K-Rob didn't get released, he still would have continued to be a drunk, but he'd be going to the Superbowl.

    I'm saying if K-Rob had to choose between the two options, sobriety or the Super Bowl, he'd take sobriety.

    Ergo, the release did work out for him.

    "If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

  6. #16
    michaelmazid is offline Team Alumni
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    2,876

    Re: Release worked out for Koren Robinson

    "singersp" wrote:
    "michaelmazid" wrote:
    "singersp" wrote:
    "michaelmazid" wrote:
    "singersp" wrote:
    [size=18px]Super Bowl: Release worked out for Robinson, Seahawks[/size]



    http://www.startribune.com/510/story/215444.html
    :scratch: hmmmm. Not really. They are playing in the Super Bowl and he is sitting at home but it worked out for the VIKINGS.
    I totally disagree with you.

    If K-rob were to choose between being in the Super Bowl & still being a drunk with the same lifestyle vs. being clean & sober & playing for the Vikings with his present lifestyle & not being in the Super Bowl, I guarantee you he would choose the latter.

    Unless you've been an alcoholic on both sides of the bottle, you have no idea how much better the sober side is & what you'd give up to have it. :wink:
    who is talking about being an alcoholic? I am speaking as far as a football point of view. So are you saying that the city of Seattle made him drunk and if he was there, he would still be a drunk but since he now plays for minnesota, he is not a drunk anymore. Seattle simply cut him, otherwise he would be still playing for them. Dont' forget that nobody wanted him except us however, we didn't put him in a rehab center.
    Don't get your undershorts all bunched up! :lol: J/K

    I took your comment as saying K-Rob release didn't work out for him because the Seahawks are going to the Superbowl & he's not.

    If K-Rob didn't get released, he still would have continued to be a drunk, but he'd be going to the Superbowl.

    I'm saying if K-Rob had to choose between the two options, sobriety or the Super Bowl, he'd take sobriety.

    Ergo, the release did work out for him.
    drunk and going to the superbowl? put me down. where do I sign up. :wav:

  7. #17
    singersp's Avatar
    singersp is offline PPO Newshound
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Posts
    52,266

    Re: Release worked out for Koren Robinson

    Posted on Tue, Jan. 31, 2006

    [size=18px]Separate path, renewed career[/size]

    Released by the Seahawks, Koren Robinson found new life with the Vikings while Seattle reached the Super Bowl.

    BY SEAN JENSEN
    Pioneer Press


    DETROIT — Vikings receiver Koren Robinson spent Monday afternoon playing golf in Raleigh, N.C.

    But his mind placed him here, in Detroit, where the Seattle Seahawks are preparing for Super Bowl XL.

    "Part of me says I should be there. I should still be a Seahawk," said Robinson, Seattle's top pick in the 2001 draft. "But they made the decision to part ways with me, and I feel like it was the best decision for them at the time.

    "I have no hard feelings. … It's made me a better person off the field. Who knows if I would still be getting in trouble."

    Robinson found plenty of problems with drugs and alcohol in Seattle. Just a year ago, his NFL career seemed to be imploding. He was suspended for six games: two by the Seahawks for missing team meetings, four by the league for violating its substance abuse policy. In May 2005 he was charged with driving under the influence and reckless driving.

    The Seahawks had seen enough. President of football operations Tim Ruskell released him in June. Robinson's off-field problems, coach Mike Holmgren said, had become too much of a distraction.

    "It was difficult for me because I cared about the young man," Holmgren said.

    No one questioned Robinson's talent, but his lack of discipline was damaging, Seahawks quarterback Matt Hasselbeck said.

    "You have to know that you can count on your teammates at all times, and Koren had some stuff going on," Hasselbeck said. "He wasn't able to be that kind of teammate that he is now."

    Told of Hasselbeck's comments, Robinson paused.

    "That's the truth. That was the truth at the time," Robinson said. "But I am a different person now. They obviously got the players they needed to, to get to the Super Bowl. And I'm going to the Pro Bowl. Everything happens for a reason. So it was a great divorce."

    A divorce born out of counseling.

    Last August, Robinson checked into a substance abuse rehabilitation center in South Carolina.

    A month later, he signed with the Vikings and dazzled them with his ability to return kicks and make plays.

    He impressed his new team not only with his football skills, but with his behavior. His teammates honored him with the Ed Block Courage award. The Twin Cities media gave him the Korey Stringer Good Guy award.

    In late December, Robinson reached the pinnacle of NFL individual success when fans, players and coaches selected him to his first Pro Bowl.

    Seahawks receiver Darrell Jackson couldn't wait to congratulate his former teammate.

    "We used to sit up and talk about going to the Pro Bowl and doing big things," Jackson said. "It is strange when you spend four years with a guy, and then he's gone. He put in his hard work, and its unfortunate he's not here with us. But he's still a part of the Seahawks family."

    Enough so to attend a reunion.

    Robinson flew to Seattle and watched the Seahawks' opening playoff game against the Washington Redskins. After the Seahawks won 20-10, Robinson visited with a few of his former teammates and hugged Holmgren.

    "He wanted to make sure everything was good with me," Robinson said of Holmgren. "And I congratulated him on a nice season. I'm always going to have love for him and appreciate everything he's done for me, and probably will do for me."

    Robinson is rooting for the Seahawks to win their first Super Bowl on Sunday against the Pittsburgh Steelers.

    "They're better overall than the Steelers are," Robinson said. "But they're going to have to play their 'A' game. I wish them nothing but the best. I want them to win and bring a championship back to the city of Seattle."

    Sean Jensen can be reached at [email protected]

    "If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Similar Threads

  1. Koren Robinson to be cut
    By NodakPaul in forum General NFL Discussion
    Replies: 54
    Last Post: 05-14-2008, 05:56 AM
  2. koren robinson
    By Jviking in forum General NFL Discussion
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 09-24-2007, 09:17 PM
  3. Koren Robinson
    By VikesFan787 in forum Vikings Fan Forum
    Replies: 23
    Last Post: 10-30-2006, 10:44 AM
  4. Koren Robinson
    By muchluv4smoot in forum General NFL Discussion
    Replies: 16
    Last Post: 07-24-2005, 01:42 AM
  5. Koren Robinson Cut!
    By cajunvike in forum General NFL Discussion
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 06-03-2005, 01:40 AM

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •