singersp is offline PPO Newshound

Relatively speedy will do for Vikings

[size=13pt]Relatively speedy will do for Vikings[/size]

The slowest of the Berrian brothers is Bernard, but the Vikings aren't concerned. They gave him a six-year, $42 million contract to be their No. 1 receiver and shift attention away from their running game.

By CHIP SCOGGINS, Star Tribune

Last update: July 27, 2008 - 6:23 AM

"If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!

Re: Relatively speedy will do for Vikings

Thanks for the read my friend.
    Didn't know BB was a Airforce Brat.
    ;D
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

StillPurple is offline Hall of Famer

Don't get me wrong, I like Berrian, and I think he will draw double coverage all season, which will help the other receivers and the running game.

But I still think we need an underneath receiver. We now have two receivers (Berrian and Rice) who are basically the same, deep threat type receivers. Lacking is an underneath, big guy in the Chris Carter or Keyshawn Johnson mould.

dcboardr41 is offline Team Alumni

"StillPurple" wrote:
    Don't get me wrong, I like Berrian, and I think he will draw double coverage all season, which will help the other receivers and the running game.

But I still think we need an underneath receiver. We now have two receivers (Berrian and Rice) who are basically the same, deep threat type receivers. Lacking is an underneath, big guy in the Chris Carter or Keyshawn Johnson mould.
    over underneath WR is Wade aka the slot guy, we have had this argument before about the same 3 WRs. And im sure BB and Rice will be going over the middle so the DBs just dont play back on them

Pissing on the Pack since 08'

"StillPurple" wrote:

But I still think we need an underneath receiver. We now have two receivers (Berrian and Rice) who are basically the same, deep threat type receivers. Lacking is an underneath, big guy in the Chris Carter or Keyshawn Johnson mold.
    There is none in the Cris Carter mold to be had. They broke that mold when Cris was born.

jmcdon00 is offline Jersey Retired Snake Champion, Moto Trial Fest 2: Mountain Pack Champion, LL City Truck 2 Champion, Arithmetic sequence Champion, Troops Tower Defense Champion

"singersp" wrote:
    "StillPurple" wrote:

But I still think we need an underneath receiver. We now have two receivers (Berrian and Rice) who are basically the same, deep threat type receivers. Lacking is an underneath, big guy in the Chris Carter or Keyshawn Johnson mold.
    There is none in the Cris Carter mold to be had. They broke that mold when Cris was born.

Cris Carter is overrated.
    Sidney Rice is going to make people forget about 'Cris'.
    Just the way he spells his name questions his abilities to at least some degree.
    I saw Bryzcheapski at training camp on Saturday night and he looks like he's gotten his share of rounds in at the local golf course.
    They were soooooo tan.

"jmcdon00" wrote:
    "singersp" wrote:
    "StillPurple" wrote:

Cris Carter is overrated.
    Sidney Rice is going to make people forget about 'Cris'.
    Just the way he spells his name questions his abilities to at least some degree.
    I saw Bryzcheapski at training camp on Saturday night and he looks like he's gotten his share of rounds in at the local golf course.
    They were soooooo tan.
    Beware the wrath of Ultra for such blasphemy.

Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!

Why does everyone miss the mark with respect to what we need in the slot?
    I'm not gonna pull up all the links again, however, B-wade is the guy in there and he fits the mold of what the scheme calls for.

S

S

OLB

MLB

OLB
    CB

DE

DT

DT

DE

CB
    BB

B-wade

LT

LG

C

RG

RT

Rice

QB

TE

RB

I'd put B-wade in motion from this formation towards the TE side and force the S to show the coverage.
    If he stays zone with the CB on Rice the B-wade takes a short angle towards the sideline in the space that the CB left as Rice cleared them out in either a post or deep out pattern.

Depending on what the S does, TJ can also roll out to the TE side to allow for Rice to beat his man if the S comes down and commits to taking B-wade.

Again, you have to really understand what they are trying to do with B-wade.
    His job is to be small, shifty and sneaky and get the ball under neath the coverage.

Alot of you are on his jiggly butt for what you saw out of him last year, but aren't taking into account that with the stacked boxes there wasn't alot of underneath stuff open. Then couple that with the fact that TJ didn't always put the ball out were he could catch it in stride.

Long story short, B-wade is a perfect fit (Welker would be the best fit) for this scheme and you will see why this year.

;D

Edit:
    By the way, JJ is that same type of cat.
    Probably why we drafted him.
    Let him sit on the practice squad this year a bit, then activate him if B-wade gets injured or if they need him on special teams this year.
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

BleedinPandG is offline Coach

"StillPurple" wrote:

I didn't think of Rice as a deep threat, I thought he was a bigger guy to go over the middle?
    Am I missing something?
    I believe Rice caught 1 deep ball last year, against the Giants, and he didn't even beat his guy, just out jumped him.
    He may be fast enough to go deep on single coverage, but my guess is he's more intermediary stuff using his size.
    The true measure of a man is what he'd do knowing he'd never be found out.