Thread: Regression

Purple Floyd is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

Regression

Instead of seeing improvement from the team, it seems to me that the team has gone backwards from where they were at the end of preseason. The penalties continue to pile up in key situations, the special teams are not fielding punts, the receivers are not holding on to the ball, the line is not blocking (Hutch even let Hall bowl him over for a big sack) and Johnson is not making good reads or throws.

All I can say is if they don't pull up their jock straps pretty quick they are going to finish last in the division. They are getting beat by Detroit at home and if this is how they are going to play they will not beat the Packers either. Pull it together guys :-X

ItalianStallion is offline Jersey Retired

Re: Regression

"UffDaVikes" wrote:
    Instead of seeing improvement from the team, it seems to me that the team has gone backwards from where they were at the end of preseason. The penalties continue to pile up in key situations, the special teams are not fielding punts, the receivers are not holding on to the ball, the line is not blocking (Hutch even let Hall bowl him over for a big sack) and Johnson is not making good reads or throws.

All I can say is if they don't pull up their jock straps pretty quick they are going to finish last in the division. They are getting beat by Detroit at home and if this is how they are going to play they will not beat the Packers either. Pull it together guys :-X
    I just don't understand why they keep throwing the ball 2-3 yards short of the first down on 3rd down.

I m like a Ja Rule poster, cause I'm off the wall.

VAKirks is offline Training Camp

I agree - I've never seen the Vikings get worse - start off bad and stay there? yes.
    But this is going backwards.
    It feels like the days when we were the cure for everyone else's ills.
    Man, I can't watch a whole lot of this - near misses and blown opportunities - this SUCKS!!!!!

We need to pull this out in the worst way.
    Bring me the prisoners; I want them alive!

ItalianStallion is offline Jersey Retired

Wow, it doesn't matter if it's 3rd and 2, Brad Johnson is going to throw a 1 yard pass.

I m like a Ja Rule poster, cause I'm off the wall.

kansas_man54 is offline Rookie

alright! another stinkin' turnover after moving the ball decently!
    mmm, gotta' love it.
    *argh* >
    "The Marines I have seen around the world have the cleanist bodies, the filthiest minds, the highest morale, and the lowest morals of any group of animals I have ever seen. Thank God for the United States Marine Corps!"----Eleanor Roosevelt

It's a real shame our offense sucks so badly, cos we have a damn good D (12 games without letting the opponents score 20 point, i think)

SKOL is offline Ring of Fame

Ball control offense only works if you can control the ball.

The true measure of a man is how he treats someone who can do him absolutely no good -Samuel Johnson - lexicographer
    The word genius isn t applicable in football. A genius is a guy like Norman Einstein - Joe Theisman

Benet is offline Star Spokesman

I think the commentators have hit the nail on the head..

Brad Johnson only takes what a defense gives him, never tries to force a defense to adapt to what his offense gives THEM. Our offense is totally submissive.

kansas_man54 is offline Rookie

see what happens when you have faith?!
    lets just keep this momentum going please!
    GO VIKES!!!
    "The Marines I have seen around the world have the cleanist bodies, the filthiest minds, the highest morale, and the lowest morals of any group of animals I have ever seen. Thank God for the United States Marine Corps!"----Eleanor Roosevelt