Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    mnjamie is offline Ring of Fame

Reggie Fowler ......

Just a gut feeling, but who else feels Fowler and his group will fall short of obtaining the Vikes. This has just gone on a little too long and with the drop dead date of June 13th lingering, i think it wont go through.

Man, I hope Taylor rides on the 11th hour and saves the day. I just feel he would be a better fit for the team and a great business mind.

Thoughts ??

DPep11 is offline Asst. Coach

Re: Reggie Fowler ......

I agree, it kind of went sour when he couldn't pull through initially with the money. I do however like that Red let us spend some big money on Free Agents.

ultravikingfan is offline Administrator

As long as we get a new owner, I am fine.

But if Red stays on this season, it will not be like the previous because this year we did not pinch pennies! :grin:

LuckyVike is offline Team Alumni

I've had the same feeling man. This has lasted so long and with no progression, chances are slim for Fowler. Poor guy wasted 25 mil.
    The best part of my day is when I get down on my knees, with my head in my hands, and thank GOD for everything he has given me.

I can't believe we had the most cap space in NFL history.... that made me kinda angry, then we signed Fred Smoot, Pat Williams, Darren Sharper etc... :grin:

mnjamie is offline Ring of Fame

Has anyone heard if Reggie is even close to selling that aviation business which is supposed to be holding this whole process up for him??

DaunteHOF is offline Coach

Fowler will get the stake, I doubt the nfl will hold back the first black owner in football or something like that...
    Its not braggin if you can do it!!!

"DaunteHOF" wrote:
    Fowler will get the stake, I doubt the nfl will hold back the first black owner in football or something like that...
    Good point, they def. want to open the door for minorities to own an NFL team.

muchluv4smoot is offline Team Alumni

"mnjamie" wrote:
    Just a gut feeling, but who else feels Fowler and his group will fall short of obtaining the Vikes. This has just gone on a little too long and with the drop dead date of June 13th lingering, i think it wont go through.

Man, I hope Taylor rides on the 11th hour and saves the day. I just feel he would be a better fit for the team and a great business mind.

Thoughts ??

I think fowler will own the team. It remains to be seen if he is the main owner, or if one of his business partners needs to be that, since they all seem to be loaded, compared to fowler. Red just commented on the sale last week, after the draft, and he said it is still gonna happen with fowler.

I think the more improtant question is, can we get a stadium deal done soon, after we get the new ownership?

happy camper is offline Team Alumni

i dont want fowler as the owner. the whole reason red mcombs couldnt get a stadium was because red wasnt a hometown guy.

i doubt the nfl would let fowler in the door only because hes black. sure, they want a black owner. but these guys are smart. the nfl is run better than the other major sports. they're not gonna let someone in that doesnt have the credentials.
    "There is good and there is evil. And evil must be punished. Even in the face of Armageddon I will not compromise."

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast