Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Reggie

PurplePeopleEaters is offline Jersey Retired

Reggie

Isn't oakland good enough?

Remember when they tried to get rid of the Twins completely? That got forgotten too. Hopefully all of this randy moss and moving of the team will just dissapear.

hailtocarter is offline Asst. Coach

Reggie

"PurplePeopleEaters" wrote:
    Isn't oakland good enough?

Remember when they tried to get rid of the Twins completely? That got forgotten too. Hopefully all of this randy moss and moving of the team will just dissapear.
    Getting rid of the Twins was forotten largely because they won the division and got into the playoffs the next year. Hopefully the vikes will do the same....maybe a superbowl appearance will stop stupid rumors about a move.

PhxFan is offline Pro-Bowler

Reggie

"elgordo" wrote:
    His home state already has a team that can't sell any tickets.
    Cardinals don't sell enough tickets (30 some thousand per game average) mainly due to nobody wanted that team, yet we wanted the NFL, should of changed the name to give a local identity, this has been Cowboys fanbase forever, the owners have done nothing (until recently) to excite the fans here, the biggest crowds come to see the opponent, most people here are from somewhere else and probably already have a team they liked. When the Cardinals win a few games...then the fans start coming out...but that never lasts

Reggie

Reggie said the team is going nowhere, his group is working on a stadium plan in anoka county. I think I heard it would all be done privatley. Not sure but why do people think a non-minnesotan will automatically move the team? Lets see what reggie can do before we come to conclusions. He said he will move here and possibly some of his business will come here too. I think he is a better fit for the team than glen anyways
    You republican whore!

Burley81 is offline Asst. Coach

Reggie

If any team is going to move to L.A. it will most likely be the Saints.

cajunvike is offline Jersey Retired

Reggie

"PurpleRide" wrote:
    Reggie said the team is going nowhere, his group is working on a stadium plan in anoka county. I think I heard it would all be done privatley. Not sure but why do people think a non-minnesotan will automatically move the team? Lets see what reggie can do before we come to conclusions. He said he will move here and possibly some of his business will come here too. I think he is a better fit for the team than glen anyways
    HOW???
    BANNED OR DEAD...I'LL TAKE EITHER ONE

Reggie

Glen has not put a decent bid for the team. Do you remeber the mess he put the timberwolves in with that under the table deal with joe smith. That is still hurting the team. When will glen taylor put a respectable bid for the team. If he really wanted the team that bad, don't you think a deal would have been done a long time ago? Lets give reggie a break, yes he was not raised in Rochester, Ely, or anywhere else in minnesota, but does that mean he will be a bad owner. Remember pollad is from here and that cheap a$$ already threatend to move the twins, now he won't do anything to get a staduim deal done. At least red said he would put money down, what has old carol done? I think Reggie Folwer has the chance to be a great owner of the vikings, if you read any of the reports on him, he is very determined to suceed on anything he does. Glen lost his shot to buy the team, now he can sit and watch someone else run the team
    You republican whore!

VKG4LFE is offline Jersey Retired Tetris Champion, Monkey GO Happy 4 Champion

Reggie

He did put a respectable bid in on Feb. 1st. 400 million up front and then another 200 million when a stadium bill was passed. He had two other options that he submitted to McCombs too. The whole Joe Smith thing by the way was a misunderstanding and he didn't think what he was doing was wrong. I don't think he wanted to "hurt" his own franchise by making them lose 3 first round draft picks!

I get the most pissed off looks from people with my VKG 4 LFE Wisconsin license plate, and I LOVE IT!!

cajunvike is offline Jersey Retired

Reggie

"PurpleRide" wrote:
    Glen has not put a decent bid for the team. Do you remeber the mess he put the timberwolves in with that under the table deal with joe smith. That is still hurting the team. When will glen taylor put a respectable bid for the team. If he really wanted the team that bad, don't you think a deal would have been done a long time ago? Lets give reggie a break, yes he was not raised in Rochester, Ely, or anywhere else in minnesota, but does that mean he will be a bad owner. Remember pollad is from here and that cheap a$$ already threatend to move the twins, now he won't do anything to get a staduim deal done. At least red said he would put money down, what has old carol done? I think Reggie Folwer has the chance to be a great owner of the vikings, if you read any of the reports on him, he is very determined to suceed on anything he does. Glen lost his shot to buy the team, now he can sit and watch someone else run the team
    Taylor felt (probably rightly so) that McCombs was overcharging for the team...also, his bid was based on a realistic business model...one that takes into account the fact that there is no stadium deal in place...but also one that predated the brand new TV deal, which added revenue to each team's coffers. When the TV deal was announced, Taylor increased his offer accordingly...Taylor has reiterated that he will not dip into his other businesses to overpay for the Vikings...the measure of a very good businessman. Fowler on the other hand, seems to be stretching it to the limit...with little or no room for error...not a good recipe for having any money left over to spend in the FA market...I hope that we don't suffer this year from this, because our window is closing fast.
    BANNED OR DEAD...I'LL TAKE EITHER ONE

VKG4LFE is offline Jersey Retired Tetris Champion, Monkey GO Happy 4 Champion

Reggie

Come on everybody chant with me:

"Only 23 votes for Fowler so Taylor can buy the team, only 23 votes for Fowler so Taylor can buy the team!!"

I get the most pissed off looks from people with my VKG 4 LFE Wisconsin license plate, and I LOVE IT!!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast