Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    vikinggreg is offline Ring of Fame

Refs warn Vikings spinning the ball can result in a penalty

Media at Vikings camp and Panthers camp indicate that referees working training camps are warning players that they’ll be penalized if they taunt opponents by spinning the ball. This is not a new rule.
    Christian Ponder to throw more deep passes since ball has little to no spin, this will avoid any problems with tougher enforcement of any spin rules.

No Fun League get even less fun

Purple Floyd is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

How dare they try to add any excitement to the game.

Mr Anderson is offline Jersey Retired
    If the ball stays in place spinning, what difference does it make? It causes no delay, and I don't see how it can be construed as a taunt.

They should mandate that players must throw the ball to the proper official at the end of each play if they can't do this.

I read another article about this yesterday where they also outlined increased enforcement of sack dances and other post-play celebrations.

Officials warn players: Spinning the ball can result in a penalty | ProFootballTalk

"This is not a new rule: The 2012 official playing rules listed examples of prohibited acts that will result in unsportsmanlike conduct penalties, saying, 'These acts include but are not limited to: sack dances; home run swing; incredible hulk; spiking the ball; throwing or shoving the ball; pointing; pointing the ball; verbal taunting; military salute; standing over an opponent (prolonged and with provocation; or dancing.'"

I don't see discount double checking on that list.

AngloVike is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr Anderson View Post
    If the ball stays in place spinning, what difference does it make? It causes no delay, and I don't see how it can be construed as a taunt.

They should mandate that players must throw the ball to the proper official at the end of each play if they can't do this.

I read another article about this yesterday where they also outlined increased enforcement of sack dances and other post-play celebrations.

Officials warn players: Spinning the ball can result in a penalty | ProFootballTalk

"This is not a new rule: The 2012 official playing rules listed examples of prohibited acts that will result in unsportsmanlike conduct penalties, saying, 'These acts include but are not limited to: sack dances; home run swing; incredible hulk; spiking the ball; throwing or shoving the ball; pointing; pointing the ball; verbal taunting; military salute; standing over an opponent (prolonged and with provocation; or dancing.'"

and doubt you ever will either. How long before they outlaw the high five as well?
    Heaven forbid the players do anything to actually enjoy themselves on the field
    Time spent annoying a Packer fan is never time wasted...

singersp is offline PPO Newshound
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr Anderson View Post

Or the Lambeau leap, which could actually injure a fan.

"If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

Caine is offline Jersey Retired
    Quote Originally Posted by singersp View Post
    Originally Posted by Mr Anderson View Post

Or the Lambeau leap, which could actually injure a fan.
    No, the Lameblow Leap was specifically EXCLUDED from the list of penalized celebrations.

Just another double-standard that benefits only Green Bay.

Caine

VKG4LFE is offline Jersey Retired Tetris Champion, Monkey GO Happy 4 Champion
    What is the NFL coming to, geez. I hate all the celebrations and self promotion, but let them have a little fun. Oh, and I hate the packers and hope gayrod does a leap into the stands but slips and knocks himself out ala Frerotte haha

I get the most pissed off looks from people with my VKG 4 LFE Wisconsin license plate, and I LOVE IT!!

kevoncox is offline Jersey Retired
    I've always felt that celebrations add a bit of personality to the game. Hard to get to know players wearing helmets but a celebration tends to add a bit more personality. How boring would Terell Davis had been without his Mile High Salute? Dawkins without his weapon X intro. Out side of TO... I have yet to see a fight start because of a celebration dance.

Purple Floyd is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

If the lamblow leap is acceptable I would like to see the Vikings grab a fan and start doing a six point polka or something like that.

scottishvike is offline Hall of Famer
    Blog Entries

On a positive note, At least JA still gets away with his sack celebration.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast