Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    vikingivan is offline Star Spokesman

Re: Refs Are Screwing Us!!

"MetalMike-LoudVike" wrote:
    I say those refs having been giving us the bidness. I mean come on really think about it. Oh maybe this would go in a thread about how far down the rabbit hole goes??? but seriously I think the refs screwed the vikes out of 2 wins in 2 weeks.
    I was thinking they screwed us out of 3 wins in 3 weeks.
    The roughing the passer game in the Detroit game was a terrible call.
    Instant replay is crap.
    They might as well trash it.
    That was an obvious catch and fumble.
    But the ref blew the whistle.
    Therefore it is non-reviewable.
    What a bunch of crap.

PackSux! is offline Hall of Famer

To say the refs screwed us is dead on.
    I hate using that excuse but when you lose three games in a row because the officials are missing calls is ridiculous.

Detroit game.
    Obvious offensive pass interference on Calvin johnson when he caught the touchdown pass.

Kansas City Game.
    The Shaneco Company caught that pass.

Packers game.
    Now this one takes the cake.
    The fumble caused by Winnie,
    it took a touchdown from us.
    And later in the game the same official tried to give the packers a completion on the sidelines when the guy was clearly out of bounds(which that one got overturned).
    Which reminds me of how stupid the rule is that you cannot challenge a play that is ruled dead.
    Turn it around, if the play had been called a fumble it could of been reviewable but it cant be reviewed if it is ruled dead?
    That makes no sense to me.

jkjuggalo is offline Star Spokesman

That is what happens when all the refs have a boner for Favre.
    They are going to make biased calls (or non-calls).
    If there was a statistic for penalties that take away huge game-changing plays, the Vikes would be at the top of the list ever since Denny Green left. :-
    Rock out with your cock out!!!

SKOL is offline Ring of Fame

All I want is for the calls go both ways with no bias.
    The games should be decided by the players not the refs.

I work with a Packer fan who was listening to the NATIONAL MEDIA talk about how biased the refs were towards the Pack.

He admitted to me that on our last offensive play (the one where the Packer was draped all over our receiver with no interference call) that if Brett Favre threw that ball there would have been a penalty flag.
    LOL

The true measure of a man is how he treats someone who can do him absolutely no good -Samuel Johnson - lexicographer
    The word genius isn t applicable in football. A genius is a guy like Norman Einstein - Joe Theisman

elgordo is offline Rookie

"PackSux!" wrote:
    To say the refs screwed us is dead on.
    I hate using that excuse but when you lose three games in a row because the officials are missing calls is ridiculous.

Detroit game.

Obvious offensive pass interference on Calvin johnson when he caught the touchdown pass.

Kansas City Game.

The Shaneco Company caught that pass.

Packers game.
    Now this one takes the cake.

The fumble caused by Winnie,
    it took a touchdown from us.

And later in the game the same official tried to give the packers a completion on the sidelines when the guy was clearly out of bounds(which that one got overturned).
    Which reminds me of how stupid the rule is that you cannot challenge a play that is ruled dead.

Turn it around, if the play had been called a fumble it could of been reviewable but it cant be reviewed if it is ruled dead?

That makes no sense to me.
    Even if they made a mistake (which I think it was), no play can be reversed if the ref blows the play dead.
    Nobody had the ball when the whistle was blown, so even if they were to say that it was a fumble the ball would be returned to the team that previously had the ball.
    It sucks but it is the rule.

The Dropper is offline Star Spokesman

Well, yesterday was National Brett Favre Day. Don't you all know that calling a fair game when the golden boy was breaking a hallowed NFL record would be like not letting your toddler beat you in sports?
    :

Officiating is never perfect, and they've probably made some bad calls, but I think people here are seeing things from a slightly biased point of view.

Detroit - offensive pass interference - Was this a penalty that should have been called?
    Probably.
    Did Cris Carter get away with this all the time?
    Probably.
    Point is, it's a flag they don't throw often, and it's a judgment call.
    Griffin wasn't in great position to defend that pass against a bigger, stronger receiver anyway.

Kansas City - incomplete pass - Okay, this is the big one.
    Everyone thinks we got jobbed on this.
    But there was only one camera angle, and it was facing Shank's back.
    It looked like he caught it from that angle, but we couldn't see if the ball hit the ground on the other side - which was exactly where the ref was standing.
    Maybe the initial call was wrong, but there's no way to know for sure.

Green Bay - incomplete pass - People wanted the refs to keep the play going.
    They probably should have.
    But one of them thought he saw an incomplete pass and blew the whistle.
    Play over, not reviewable.
    Those are the rules.
    This is another one that I didn't see any conclusive evidence on the video for either.

Green Bay - pass interference - On the interception, it might have been pass interference.
    But again, this is a judgment call.
    I've seen a lot worse not get called.
    The defender gets to go for the ball too.
    Even if there was contact, the ref needed to decide in an instant whether it was interference of whether the defender was at the spot.

So maybe the refs' judgment was wrong on a few split second decisions.
    Maybe all of these.
    It happens.
    Is this new?
    Does this not happen to the other team?
    What happened when we scored our only offensive TD against Detroit?
    Didn't we one hop the ball for a first down on that drive?

You want to talk about bad calls?
    I remember the ref tripping on his way to spot the ball after the Broncos fell short on a 4th down with less than a minute left, back in the Warren Moon days.
    The ref accidently fell forward about a yard and a half, giving the Broncos a first down.
    Elway wins that game a couple plays later pin balling the football off a couple of players for the TD.
    Those are bad mistakes by the refs.
    What people here are complaining about is that they're not perfect.
    My thinking is that the refs are usually pretty good, and when they miss a call it's just as likely to work against one team as the other - but nobody is perfect, and their job is hard.
    When the age of the Vikings came to a close, they must have sensed it. Probably, they gathered together one evening, slapped each other on the back and said, "Hey, good job." - Jack Handey [Deep Thoughts]

Frostbite is offline Coach

Hmmm....No question we have had our share of bad calls.....Intentional??? I don't think so. The league is watching the performance of all of the Refs very closely and the officials know it.

After the NBA debockle with fixed calls you can bet ALL refs are calling games with that in mind. It is easy to say the Refs cost us 3 games. It is much harder to admit that if we make a few more plays when it counted most... these bad calls would not have made any difference.

Does Farve get special attention from the Refs at Lambeau??? Probably so....but I can remember a few times when we were playing at home with Brad Johnson at QB...when we got a few favors too. Also a time or two with Carter and with Culpepper and even with Moss....who still pushes off and makes TD catches with OPI ignored.

This is one of the reasons you have to go into an away game with even a stronger conviction for victory. You have to make your own luck because the Zebras are not going to give you any.....especially in the other guys house.

JMHO......Cheers! Frostbite
    Where is Frostbite Falls Minnesota?

SKOL is offline Ring of Fame

"Frostbite" wrote:
    This is one of the reasons you have to go into an away game with even a stronger conviction for victory. You have to make your own luck because the Zebras are not going to give you any.....especially in the other guys house.
    Except when it's Brett Favre day at the Metrodome.

;D

The true measure of a man is how he treats someone who can do him absolutely no good -Samuel Johnson - lexicographer
    The word genius isn t applicable in football. A genius is a guy like Norman Einstein - Joe Theisman

cajunvike is offline Jersey Retired

"Overlord" wrote:
    Officiating is never perfect, and they've probably made some bad calls, but I think people here are seeing things from a slightly biased point of view.

Detroit - offensive pass interference - Was this a penalty that should have been called?
    Probably.
    Did Cris Carter get away with this all the time?
    Probably.
    Point is, it's a flag they don't throw often, and it's a judgment call.
    Griffin wasn't in great position to defend that pass against a bigger, stronger receiver anyway.

Kansas City - incomplete pass - Okay, this is the big one.
    Everyone thinks we got jobbed on this.
    But there was only one camera angle, and it was facing Shank's back.
    It looked like he caught it from that angle, but we couldn't see if the ball hit the ground on the other side - which was exactly where the ref was standing.
    Maybe the initial call was wrong, but there's no way to know for sure.

Green Bay - incomplete pass - People wanted the refs to keep the play going.
    They probably should have.
    But one of them thought he saw an incomplete pass and blew the whistle.
    Play over, not reviewable.
    Those are the rules.
    This is another one that I didn't see any conclusive evidence on the video for either.

Green Bay - pass interference - On the interception, it might have been pass interference.
    But again, this is a judgment call.
    I've seen a lot worse not get called.
    The defender gets to go for the ball too.
    Even if there was contact, the ref needed to decide in an instant whether it was interference of whether the defender was at the spot.

So maybe the refs' judgment was wrong on a few split second decisions.
    Maybe all of these.
    It happens.
    Is this new?
    Does this not happen to the other team?
    What happened when we scored our only offensive TD against Detroit?
    Didn't we one hop the ball for a first down on that drive?

You want to talk about bad calls?
    I remember the ref tripping on his way to spot the ball after the Broncos fell short on a 4th down with less than a minute left, back in the Warren Moon days.
    The ref accidently fell forward about a yard and a half, giving the Broncos a first down.
    Elway wins that game a couple plays later pin balling the football off a couple of players for the TD.
    Those are bad mistakes by the refs.
    What people here are complaining about is that they're not perfect.
    My thinking is that the refs are usually pretty good, and when they miss a call it's just as likely to work against one team as the other - but nobody is perfect, and their job is hard.
    Yeah, I'm biased...but the amount of calls that DON'T go our way is MUCH higher than those that do.
    And it all started when they let Drew Pearson push off back in the 70s!!!
    BANNED OR DEAD...I'LL TAKE EITHER ONE

Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast