Del Rio Guest

Refresh my memory

What cheap shot? Was it on Burleson?

Q: Do you take offense to Randy Moss' comments about you guys taking cheap shots?
    A: Yeah, we do because that's not our nature of play. We don't take cheap shots, and if any shot was taken cheap, it might have been just a get back call because when you watch around the whole league and you see guys, DBs especially, standing around the pile, you have 325-pound offensive linemen that will come running and lunging clearly after the play has been blown, lunging for 190-pound, 195-pound DBs, which you're talking about 150-pound difference, if not more. But we don't take cheap shots. If anybody takes a cheap shot, I don't even see that happening, but a lot of times you may get a guy running to the ball, like a safety or something, and just as a tailback is falling or the receiver is falling or the quarterback is falling or whoever is carrying the ball is falling, you'll see a DB come in and try to take a shot at him. But that's football because technically, he's not down yet, and he may stick his head in there to try and get the ball out or put his head on the ball to pop the ball loose because technically he's not down yet. I don't see our defense taking any cheap shots

snowinapril is offline Jersey Retired

Refresh my memory

I don't know what exactly this conversation is about. But the last game at the dome, the Bear with the last name Johnson laid a late hit on Burleson or Campbell.

Del Rio Guest

Refresh my memory

I'm thinking it must be the one when Moss got in the defenders face and everyone was happy about it. But to be honest that just seems like so long ago I wasn't sure if that was the time.

JDogg926 is offline Star Spokesman

Refresh my memory

Whose quote is that, Lovie Smith???
    542cbf305f333b0554e8ffa937f852d6

Del Rio Guest

Refresh my memory

Mcquarters

jackyl is offline Hall of Famer

Refresh my memory

Has to be that head hunter shot that was late on Nate, down around the 20 yard line.

Refresh my memory

"jackyl" wrote:
    Has to be that head hunter shot that was late on Nate, down around the 20 yard line.
    Jackyl :shock: man NICE sig :thumbright: dude really :thumbleft: hey you and DeepMoss been collaborating J/K :scratch: you seen his stuff on the Purple Pride Movie thread it is a riot

What program are you using to get the clearity anyway :?:
    Yesterday is History
    Tomorrow a Mystery
    TODAY is a GIFT that is why WE
    call it the "PRESENT"

Freya is offline Team Alumni

Re: Refresh my memory

"Del Rio" wrote:
    What cheap shot? Was it on Burleson?

Q: Do you take offense to Randy Moss' comments about you guys taking cheap shots?
    A: Yeah, we do because that's not our nature of play. We don't take cheap shots, and if any shot was taken cheap, it might have been just a get back call because when you watch around the whole league and you see guys, DBs especially, standing around the pile, you have 325-pound offensive linemen that will come running and lunging clearly after the play has been blown, lunging for 190-pound, 195-pound DBs, which you're talking about 150-pound difference, if not more. But we don't take cheap shots. If anybody takes a cheap shot, I don't even see that happening, but a lot of times you may get a guy running to the ball, like a safety or something, and just as a tailback is falling or the receiver is falling or the quarterback is falling or whoever is carrying the ball is falling, you'll see a DB come in and try to take a shot at him. But that's football because technically, he's not down yet, and he may stick his head in there to try and get the ball out or put his head on the ball to pop the ball loose because technically he's not down yet. I don't see our defense taking any cheap shots

Cheap shot?!?! Damn straight it was...... :shock:

Sept. 26 melee forgotten?

Bears, Vikings say it won't be a factor Sunday

BY DON SEEHOLZER

Pioneer Press

Round 1 featured a fourth-quarter brawl that resulted in 15 players being fined a total of $48,500.

So, R.W. McQuarters, as you and the Chicago Bears prepare for Sunday's rematch with the Vikings at Soldier Field, are you getting ready to rumble?

"Oh, yeah," the seventh-year cornerback practically roared Wednesday on a conference call with the Minnesota media. "We're going to go out, we're going to fight and like aaaah!"

But seriously, folks...

"No, I'm just playing," McQuarters said, his voice dropping to a conversational tone. "It happens, man. During the course of a game, it happens. It's over and done with. You get fined, you move on. It's nothing serious."

That's the public stance of the main combatants on both sides regarding the Sept. 26 melee, which began when Bears free safety Todd Johnson leveled Vikings receiver Nate Burleson with a hit to the head, drawing a 15-yard unsportsmanlike conduct penalty.

Rushing to the aid of his teammate, wide receiver Randy Moss confronted Johnson, and all heck broke loose. But if anyone on either team is planning any payback Sunday, he's keeping it to himself.

LINK:

http://www.twincities.com/mld/twincities/sports/football/10316600.htm

Personally, I don't think there is intelligent life on other planets. Why should other planets be any different from this one?

jackyl is offline Hall of Famer

Refresh my memory

"casper" wrote:
    "jackyl" wrote:
    Jackyl :shock: man NICE sig :thumbright: dude really :thumbleft: hey you and DeepMoss been collaborating J/K :scratch: you seen his stuff on the Purple Pride Movie thread it is a riot

What program are you using to get the clearity anyway :?:
    Thanks bro. Good to see you back more frequently too. :rr: I haven't seen the movie thread in a few weeks I'll go check it out. I'm using Illustrator and photoshop and the actual pic is 14.5 x 8 inches and 300 dpi, so when it's made sig size the clarity is really good. :salute:

Refresh my memory

you are welome DUDE :thumbleft: it is really a nice job.. :salute: I am working on some stuff for the photo gallery here on site so we shall see :roll: ...

It is nice to be home :shock: but have this feeling it is not going to last long I need to be in Moscow and and and soon 8) so while I am here i get to hang with the BIG DOGs and it is relaxing to say the least...

sorry about the spelling LOS :lol:
    Yesterday is History
    Tomorrow a Mystery
    TODAY is a GIFT that is why WE
    call it the "PRESENT"