Page 1 of 12 12311 ... LastLast
    SaintManJ83 is offline Rookie

The Refereeing Complaints

Look I think you guys got a good team and that was a hard game to win or lose no matter who it happened to. But I think the complaints about the refering is kinda overboard on this game. There were calls that sucked against both teams. I personally think the media is making more hoopla about it because for one they wanted a Farve-Manning Super Bowl and most of them predicted the Vikings would win and were salty about their rediction being wrong.

Last year when we played you guys on the Monday Night game it was almost exactly opposite. We turned the ball over 5 times, I don't think yall turned it over at all and you guys one by a FG. Most of the turnovers were our own fault and your team was the better team because you did what was necessary to win.

Now to be totally fair here in the 08' game you guys got away with a blatant face mask on Reggie Bush that forced a fumble and you got away with a blatant AP fumble which were way more obvious calls that should have been made then anything that happened in the Championship game. I am just being real.

Look at these highlights and see the visual edvidence of calls you got away with in the 08' game:

http://www.nfl.com/videos/new-orleans-saints/09000d5d80b7065d/NFLTA-Vikings-vs-Saints-highlights
    None

KevinK is offline Starter

Re:The Refereeing Complaints

Some good points.

Look at 1:25 on the video for the Bush facemack/fumble and look at 1:58 for the AP fumble. It is quite obvious you guys got away with both of these calls.

Personally in the NFC Championship yeah we shoulda got hit for the Favre hi-low hit, the P.I. call was very questionable on your LB, but the Pierre Thomas first down and the Robert Meachum catch/non-catch didn't have conclusive enough evidence to overturn those calls on the field to me. I think if it was called not a first down and not a catch on the field their was no edvidence to say it was either.
    None

i_bleed_purple is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

my thoughts: Meachem caught the ball. By rule he did. Pierre Thomas was close, but the loss of posession midair isn't enough , since he got the ball where it needed to be. The PI was bs. and the missed roughing on Favre was a bad non-call.

Having said that. I don't care. We lost the game, not the refs. We coudl have easilly won had we not fumbled 6 times and threw 2 interceptions. Its as simple as that. Refs don't make those go away (well, ok they take an int off the board if they call the hit on favre, but w/e)

I personally hate the complaining here.

Zeus is offline Jersey Retired

i_bleed_purple wrote:
    my thoughts: Meachem caught the ball. By rule he did. Pierre Thomas was close, but the loss of posession midair isn't enough , since he got the ball where it needed to be. The PI was bs. and the missed roughing on Favre was a bad non-call.

Having said that. I don't care. We lost the game, not the refs. We coudl have easilly won had we not fumbled 6 times and threw 2 interceptions. Its as simple as that. Refs don't make those go away (well, ok they take an int off the board if they call the hit on favre, but w/e)

I personally hate the complaining here.
    +1

The PI is the one that bothers me. The ball was uncatchable, that's blatently obvious. I wish the refs would huddle more to talk about that stuff because one of them should have been able to make that call.

But, as IBP says, none of that makes AD not miss the handoff, Berrian not fumble, Tyrell make the interception, Bienemy not send Tahi in or Brett not throw that dumbass pass.

=Z=

Thanks to Josdin for the awesome sig!

And I am not trying to be a butthole about it, but in reality we got shafted in a game with yall as well. The stage wasn't as big but there is no denying we got screwed in that game. I wish you guys luck next year and I understand the hurts but it is a two way street. And there were calls that did go your way in the NFCC, but I doubt the media would be talking about it if we lost instead of yall losing.
    None

marstc09 is offline Jersey Retired

There is a difference between refs fucking up in the regular season and fucking up in the NFC CHAMPIONSHIP game.

Prophet is offline Jersey Retired

Good points, I don't compare a week 5 game to an NFCCG though, much more riding on it.

The Vikings did deserve to lose due to all their screw ups, some inflicted by the Saints defense and some inflicted on themselves.

You will never be able to convince me that the better team won.

The Saints won though and are going to the SB. That's how it goes down in history.
    Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please. Mark Twain

My point is I heard no stuff about it when it went in your favor. I hate ref screw ups as much as the next man but inreality inspite of the refs screw ups in 08' we lost to the better team which at the time was you guys. Well the shoe rides the other foot now and it is what it is. Your team isn't done, they'll contend, if not win championships in the future.
    None

You don't have to believe it but the "better" team did win. The "better" team didn't turn it over 5 times, and the "better team" didn't get called for 12 men in the huddle at a crucial moment, and the "better team's" QB didn't throw a pick with the game on the line and pretty much sealed. All the ref calls can be cried about but no one but the Vikings killed themselves on the last series of regulation. And "better" teams don't self destruct.
    None

Page 1 of 12 12311 ... LastLast