Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Benet is offline Star Spokesman

Re: Redskins Vs Vikings.. who wins?

To me, this game is going to be all about the running backs.

We know what Clinton Portis can do, but if our D-line can hold him down then we'll have succeeded in taking away a HUGE weapon from their offense. Of course we'll have to put double coverage on Santana Moss, or at least shift our defense so two of our zones cover his side of the field, and hope that Ben Leber can take out Chris Cooley one-on-one. The thing is, we need Chester Taylor to step up. This is really going to be a test for him, but there's no better way to prove yourself than by going up against the best, and in the Redskins defence and their co-ordinator Gregg Williams, he's going to be running against the most disciplined defence in the league.

As much as it pains me to say it, I can see the Vikes being squeezed out of this one. Although I'll be cheering for a win like everyone else.

I still see this as a low-scoring game though. I reckon somewhere between 17-10 and 21-17 to the Redskins.

maxinator11 is offline Rookie

I hate 2 play the Devil's advocate...
    but this team is quite arguably the best team in our schedule to play, i believe this will also b a battle of defenses, but, the redskins will probably play a better game considering they have a more experienced defense as a whole, while the vikings have players that are yet to join 2gether (hopefully this season) and b a competitive defense. However, that being said, our offense is in much better shape considering our qb proved himself worthy last season going 7-2 while the redskins could barely score touchdowns with the pass. The Vikings will have the edge in this department because our recievers proved themselves worthy.
    I give this game to the Vikings 24-20...

Prophet Guest

The beginning of the season will be very tough. New schemes, coaches....going against some of the top teams. It wouldn't surprise me at all if the Vikes go into the BYE below 0.500. As long as they're improving along the way it won't matter. A win in D.C. is against the odds, will be tough.

VikesfaninWis is offline Jersey Retired

"Vikingryche" wrote:
    I would really have to wait and see how preseason progresses. Lets see in a couple of weeks how everything is goin. Anyways i never go against the Vikes!!!!!! Go Vikes :cheers:

I'm with you here.. There will never be a day that I go against the Vikes.. Skol Vikings..

cogitans is offline Jersey Retired

"Prophet" wrote:
    The beginning of the season will be very tough. New schemes, coaches....going against some of the top teams. It wouldn't surprise me at all if the Vikes go into the BYE below 0.500. As long as they're improving along the way it won't matter. A win in D.C. is against the odds, will be tough.
    Yeah the schedule for us looks tough until the NE game in week 8. If we can make some wins up till that point it is getting easier, and we could finsih strong for a playoff hunt.

I just wish the season would be here allready.

Thanks to PPE for the sig.

UndisputedVike is offline Coordinator

I hate to say but, Washington has a great Defense that has been playing together for a while, our D still needs to Gel, I don't think we can pull it off. I say Washington takes this game.

As for our Corners, Winfield is not soft, he is probably the best tackling corner in the league. Smoot on the other hand...I'm off the Smoot bandwagon, I constantly see reports of him burned or hurt or having a great catch over, he's overrated, I think Griffin will be taking his job very soon.

Rastak is offline Rookie

"soljaofjesus" wrote:
    You do you think will win with the Vikings and Redskins week 1? wHY DO YOU think that ? who is the X factor?

I think that the Vikings have a nice front D-line but there secondary is soft, so I think we with Portis Speed and Betts Runnign style.. we could tire the D-line down with Betts and use Portis Speed to get to the outside. I think the Vikings Secondary is some softies, with antione winfield and fred smoot. There Saftey got injured as well

On the other side of the board I think there exfactor in this game is Troy Williamson. I dont think our cornerbacks can keep up with his straight away speed. which is why we have to use Adam and Taylor to knock him out, so he will have alligator arms.
    I think our Xfactor in this game (is the whole team but if I had to pick one) I would say our D-line.. If Andre can get around the edge, whille Big Joe, and CGfiff push the pocket... we can get some serious timing issues which should cause alot of interceptions.

I think the skins. Not sure on a score though.

but you all do have steve hunchinsona nd tony richardson so pass rush might not be as easy as it sounds. .. go skins!! and lets pray for a good non injury fun and exciting FIRST WEEK OF THE SEASON!!
    I think I'll watch a couple preseason games before I start predicting anything for this team.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12