Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    soljaofjesus is offline Training Camp

Redskins Vs Vikings.. who wins?

You do you think will win with the Vikings and Redskins week 1? wHY DO YOU think that ? who is the X factor?

I think that the Vikings have a nice front D-line but there secondary is soft, so I think we with Portis Speed and Betts Runnign style.. we could tire the D-line down with Betts and use Portis Speed to get to the outside. I think the Vikings Secondary is some softies, with antione winfield and fred smoot. There Saftey got injured as well

On the other side of the board I think there exfactor in this game is Troy Williamson. I dont think our cornerbacks can keep up with his straight away speed. which is why we have to use Adam and Taylor to knock him out, so he will have alligator arms.
    I think our Xfactor in this game (is the whole team but if I had to pick one) I would say our D-line.. If Andre can get around the edge, whille Big Joe, and CGfiff push the pocket... we can get some serious timing issues which should cause alot of interceptions.

I think the skins. Not sure on a score though.

but you all do have steve hunchinsona nd tony richardson so pass rush might not be as easy as it sounds. .. go skins!! and lets pray for a good non injury fun and exciting FIRST WEEK OF THE SEASON!!

i_bleed_purple is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

Re: Redskins Vs Vikings.. who wins?

first off, how can you say that the vikings secondary is soft???? they have probably one of the top 5 secondaries in the league: winfield, Sharper, Smith and Smoot is a pretty solid lineup.

winfield and smoot are softies???? haha, yea right, mabye you are remembering the game against carolina when smoot got toasted by steve smith, so i'll give you that one, but antoine is definetially pro bowl material. as is smoot, he just happened to be one of 15 other corners who got burned by smith.

vikings D line is also one of the better ones, probably the best DT duo in the league with the williams bros. up and coming start Erasmus James and a good Udeze is going to cause some problems for opposing OLines.

I expect a good showing by both teams and this will probably be a nailbiter down untill the last minute. (hopefully ending in favour of the vikings, but i wouldn't be surprised if it went the other way)

what I mean by soft is not yall play because yall have a nice secondary. I mean .. yall secondary isnt physical .. atlesat compared to the redskins defense.. I still miss smoot though.. how has he been looking in camp?

I agree that yall d-line can cause some problems.. . but I also like ours and what we can do

Odin VAVikefan is offline Pro-Bowler

"soljaofjesus" wrote:
    what I mean by soft is not yall play because yall have a nice secondary. I mean .. yall secondary isnt physical .. atlesat compared to the redskins defense.. I still miss smoot though.. how has he been looking in camp?

I agree that yall d-line can cause some problems.. . but I also like ours and what we can do
    Honestly, Winfield is considered to be one of the hardest hitting cornerbacks in the league, despite his lack of size. Of course, Sharper is more of a ballhawk than a physical FS and, as I'm sure you already know, Smoot is basically the same type of player as your Mr. Shawn Springs. Except that Smooty is more of a gambler...

As far as this game goes, it should be very interesting, with our new-look team going up against your guys coming off of their first playoff-season in 6 years on the first MNF of the year.

The entire coaching staff of our Vikes is totally new, and we have made significant changes to our RB, LB, and to a lesser extent, DB corps. We also are running completely different O and D-schemes (West Coast and Cover-2) We'll be playing in your home against your team which has made very little changes from what made you successful last year. The Skins have a great coaching staff, you've picked up some very decent players, and you haven't lost any key personnel whatsoever (Arrington doesn't count as he was benched for most of last year for ineffectiveness).

If we were playing you in October or November, I would very possibly say something different, but considering just how much our new-look Vikes have to undertake in terms of gelling as units with the new staff and schemes and taking it on the road in Week 1, I really think we have at best a 20% chance of winning.
    NMA -- www.newmodelarmy.org

Vikingryche is offline Rookie

I would really have to wait and see how preseason progresses. Lets see in a couple of weeks how everything is goin. Anyways i never go against the Vikes!!!!!! Go Vikes :cheers:

Vikes will dominate.

I can give you antonie winfield but because he hasnt been ont he skins.. Smoot is tough, he gives what he has. he throws his body out there .. but he isnt physical... hes no where in terms of physicalness as shawn springs. smoot is more of a cover corner .. although he is pretty good in the run as well because he throws himself out there..but shanw springs will not miss tackles on the QB blitzing.. Smoot has and will wiht the skins... smoots not physical and doesnt hit hard.. shawn does

nzvike is offline Training Camp

That was a great post earlier talking about all the vikes changes compared to the skins.. Hes right, less face it..

I think Defensives are going to come and come big at us in the first few weeks, if we dont prove we can handle that we are in trouble. Put your self in a defensive cordinators postion against the vikings early this season...

1. A new QB entering the season who's mobility is nearly as bad as it gets, plus hes old and fragile
    2. A totally new system put in place. The West Coast offense is a big transition from our old big play offense. Sure we have removed the big play guys but look at our main 3 postions in offense outside the QB... K Rob, T will and Chester.. All of which are pretty much new to the system(k rob played it a bit in seattle but he was young then and inconsistent). Its a new system and new surrondings aswell, players dont just gel overnight.
    3. I think this will only be an early season problem, our O line. Ok big names all over the board. But they havent played together hardly at all, never mind camp where its soft, no atmostphere, noise. Get in game situation with huge linebackers about to burst of the line with a statue QB behind them- This is a problem. But i have faith this line can Gel.
    4. New Coach's right across the board, good or bad? Wait and see.

Anyway im very worried about our offense this year. I dont see our WR's as a real threat to teams and i can picture defensive's coming at us big time. We really only pocess 1 big play guy that can scare a team and as a rookie, he diddnt prove much at all..

Our Defense should win us more games than our offense..

Anyway, problems i see in week 1 are as follows..

1. We must, MUST bring pressure on brunell, MUST! If you dont implement the cover 2 properly and players arent on the same page every play. You leave players totally wide open. I can see this happening early on in the season. Pressure however wont allow them to sit in the soft spot of these zones which is usually behind and around the LB's, pressure will make brunell anticipate and could lead to picks which will increase our Def confidence which is big early on.

2. Our nickel and Dime better step up. Dan Synder has stacked the skins, Moss, loyd, Randy El and cooley.. Loyd could be the most under rated WR in the NFL, hes the best route runner on that team if you ask me. Anyway we are going to see all of these players on the feild sometimes and it will be up to our young nickels to stay with them.. Then theres Portis in the flats, eekk..

3. Offense, Dont Fall behind! I think this will be the case all year. We arent and offense who can mount big comebacks if you ask me. Our Def should keep us in games. Anyway its huge in week 1 against a team that can blitz we dont fall behind. So important we dont go 3-out to much aswell.

4. I think we can run on the redskins pretty well. We need to keep those safty's guessing so they cant bring them on the blitz, Sean taylors a mennace and if we dont keep him at home we are in trouble. I think Wiggins on under neath routes and corners will be effective against this aggressive Defense.

5.BJ's old, hes been there done that, he will turn up. If K rob and T will can support him, run the routes and catch the balls, thats the big one. CATCH the balls, we prolly have the 2 worst WR's hand wise i can think of starting. The skins hit hard and many of our routes will be short ones leaving us open for punishment from all over the place. We have to take them, 3rd and longs we might aswell punt.

Anyway, i see this game going Skins 24-10, They are a top team.
    Come Home Davey Dixon, The All Blacks need you

ryanmurphy is offline Pro-Bowler

The thing that scares me about this game is that it is a nationally televised game, in Washington, on the 5th anniversary of 9-11. I am afraid that the Skins are gonna take the field with the mindset that they are "playing for the nation"
    What scares me even worse is that my wife is a Skins fan, and if they do pull it off, I wont hear the end of it.
    I see Washington being the odds favorite at kickoff, but I hope we kick their a$$...

skum is offline Team Alumni
    Blog Entries

Our Secondary is definatly not soft, Winfield is one of the best and hardest tacklers at his position, and Smoot has gained 15 pounds to bulk up..

You say that your DL will be a factor, but given that our offensive linie is one of the best in the league, i dont think it will be too much of a factor, also Johnson is one of the best to get rid of the ball quick, its two step drop, and throw most of the time..

----
    PUT IN JACKSON!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast