Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567
    Boyum is offline Training Camp

Re: Redskins-I was a little worried but...

"vikingbill50" wrote:
    even if portis does play, he will probably still be alittle sore asa he isnt even practicing yet form what i hear and with a couple good hits, he will be out of the game and then that leaves it up to brunell and i dont think i have to say anymore if that happens...
    Good point-and after Mr Udeze and Mr James get done with Portis, they can hammer Brunell and hopefully he doesnt' break a hip or something.

Just restopping by, reading some comments about James and Udeze. I was really high on them coming out of the draft, and since I had stopped paying attention, Udeze was still developing and James didn't make a huge impact last year. Didn't see too much of them in preseason since we get local coverage here in Virginia, how were their stats? Just wondering because everyone is acting like we should be very afraid of them. I'm more worried about the interior defensive line. I don't see us having a lot of room to run
    up the middle.

Vikes_King is offline Jersey Retired

during the preseason, every time the starting D-line was in.. with the exception of a few plays, the QB was getting pressured, i'll look up their stats, but james & udeze multiple times were chasing the QB when he dumped the ball

http://vikesking.blogspot.com/

"We’ll win our own Super Bowl, with our own players. Real Vikings. Something Brett Favre can never be."

- Dan Calabrese

Vikes_King is offline Jersey Retired

read this ^_^

Kenechi Udeze and Erasmus James- Monday, the defensive ends, starters and backups were tremendous. After talking to New York Giants All-Pro and prolific sack artist Michael Strahan, the USC product and former first-round pick, Udeze, started a new training regiment, which he does with best friend and starting fellow starting end, James, also a former Vikings first-round pick. The two were explosive off the edge in the opener, constantly pressuring Raiders quarterback Aaron Brooks. If Udeze and his counterpart can continue wreaking havoc on opposing quarterbacks, the Vikings' defense that looked phenomenal Monday should continue harassing offenses around the league.

http://vikesking.blogspot.com/

"We’ll win our own Super Bowl, with our own players. Real Vikings. Something Brett Favre can never be."

- Dan Calabrese

It will be interesting to see the direction that Kenechi Udeze and Erasmus James will go.
    They were outstanding in college and fit the pro mold. Some players just aren't an impact during their rookie season.

If these two can put it together for the Vikings, they would be a solid foundation to build a defense around. NFL games are still won on both sides of the line.

With this year's Vikings, it has to predict the direction they will go.

The Redskins are definetly going in the right direction but they can be beaten in the first week. Portis had a significant injury that he may not have recovered from.
    We will know by the end of the first quarter.

vikingbill50 is offline Starter

i think they will have an outstanding year this year as well barring any injuries, i likes what i saw in preseason when they did play together and they were awesome, always in there after the quarterback, it will be hard for any offense to double team with the front line we have in and not to mention our linebackers are really looking good too...especially henderson..i thinkwe will have alot more sacks than previous years this year
    I BLEED THE COLOR PURPLE

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567