Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    MaddenVodkaAddict is offline Coordinator

Re: Redskins-I was a little worried but...

"GonnaBeatYouOn911" wrote:
    as a skins fan (not trying to sound cocky) the only way i see us losing is if Portis is out/brunell sucks/defense can't stop chester taylor. I think chester will have a big game but you guys look a little shabby on WR, and run D. Portis (if healthy) will have a huge game. However i still think it will be close Skins 17-14
    Good evening, sir.
    Love your user name by the way...kind of.
    I Love Kerry Collins (and John Rocker).

skum is offline Team Alumni
    Blog Entries

"MaddenVodkaAddict" wrote:
    as a skins fan (not trying to sound cocky) the only way i see us losing is if Portis is out/brunell sucks/defense can't stop chester taylor. I think chester will have a big game but you guys look a little shabby on WR, and run D. Portis (if healthy) will have a huge game. However i still think it will be close Skins 17-14
    Good evening, sir.
    Love your user name by the way...kind of.
    Yeah, but still a shame he cant use it after 9/11.. he'll have to change it..

Also remember running against Big Phat Pat Williams, is not easy..

----
    PUT IN JACKSON!

well may not be on this site much after 911 but Big Phat Pat ain't got nothin on C PO. Santana will have to light u up if he finds a way to stop him any way well as long as they don't call WD-40 an illegal substance when we use it to loosen brunells ancient joints

ejmat is offline Jersey Retired

well may not be on this site much after 911 but Big Phat Pat ain't got nothin on C PO. Santana will have to light u up if he finds a way to stop him any way well as long as they don't call WD-40 an illegal substance when we use it to loosen brunells ancient joints
    Hey 911.
    welcome to the forum and thanks for your input.
    I think the Skins can be a threat this year.
    The question is can Brunnell still get people the ball consistently.
    You have the weapons in Moss, Randle El and Lloyd.
    A great RB in Portis.
    Just wondering which Brunnell will show.
    Also, I think losing Arrington is big on defense.
    If I recall correctly, they didn't do to well last year without him and did pretty good with him.

Time will tell.
    I still say Vikings win 20-13

i_bleed_purple is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

it should be a good game no doubt.
    but i do like what i've seen from them in preseason and if its ANY indicator of how they'll play in regular season, then we should be able to win this one.

a little stat i dug up, i know its only preseason but interesting still, the vikings led the league in Points given up with only 43
    and 70 Points For.
    the 'skins however have a league low 27 points for, and second worst 104 points agains, (beaten out by the one and only packers)

if htats any indicator at all, they should be an easy team at least at the beginning of the season.

"DCJAM" wrote:
    i just cheecked online and saw their expecting Portis back for this game.
    Still no worries, I suspect he's still hurt--from his knee right?
    Look, Portis is all they got.
    If he's not playin' at his prime then this will be a massacare for them. >
    I thought they had Pro Bowler Santana Moss. I also thought they had Chris Cooley who had better stats than Pro Bowler Jason Witten. I remember they also had a Pro Bowler in Chris Samuels at left tackle. Remember, a team just doesn't drop from being 10-6 to being total crap. It'll be a close game, but there's no way [barring injury] that the Vikings should win this one. Even though you closed out the season at 9-7, four of those wins were versus the Lions and the Packers, so I would temper my expectations a bit. Sure, Lloyd is unproven, but we all know about Randle El, so I wouldn't be so quite to label the Skins without weapons.

PurplePeopleEaters is offline Jersey Retired

"TheMalcolmConnection" wrote:
    "DCJAM" wrote:
    I thought they had Pro Bowler Santana Moss. I also thought they had Chris Cooley who had better stats than Pro Bowler Jason Witten. I remember they also had a Pro Bowler in Chris Samuels at left tackle. Remember, a team just doesn't drop from being 10-6 to being total crap. It'll be a close game, but there's no way [barring injury] that the Vikings should win this one. Even though you closed out the season at 9-7, four of those wins were versus the Lions and the Packers, so I would temper my expectations a bit. Sure, Lloyd is unproven, but we all know about Randle El, so I wouldn't be so quite to label the Skins without weapons.
    Why not? Brunnell isn't a great QB and never was. Portis will be coming back from injury, if he even plays. That right there is enough to boost the vikings to a win if they play a good game. I don't see how you can say there's "no way" that the vikes can win as if it's out of the realm of possibility. You say that we all know about randle el? What do we know about him? That he's a reciever that can throw on a trick play reverse... since when has he been an actual recieving threat, or anything better than a 3rd reciever? Regardless, It should be a good game, but the same goes for you. Dont be so quick to label the vikings. All of our weapons are in less rewarding positions such as the offensive and defensive lines and defensive secondary.

"PurplePeopleEaters" wrote:
    "TheMalcolmConnection" wrote:
    "DCJAM" wrote:
    Why not? Brunnell isn't a great QB and never was. Portis will be coming back from injury, if he even plays. That right there is enough to boost the vikings to a win if they play a good game. I don't see how you can say there's "no way" that the vikes can win as if it's out of the realm of possibility. You say that we all know about randle el? What do we know about him? That he's a reciever that can throw on a trick play reverse... since when has he been an actual recieving threat, or anything better than a 3rd reciever? Regardless, It should be a good game, but the same goes for you. Dont be so quick to label the vikings. All of our weapons are in less rewarding positions such as the offensive and defensive lines and defensive secondary.
    I must not have made it clear in my other posts how much I respect the offensive and defensive lines. I also must not have made it clear that barring injury, the Redskins are a superior team in most aspects of the game, in addition to playing at home where they only lost one game last year. Of course anything can happen, but I think the Redskins just have too many weapons. Portis might not find room to run, but he'll surely find room to take a screen pass to the house against your LBs.

Vikes_King is offline Jersey Retired

one thing i think we should all be able to agree on is that this game will definatly be one to watch, (as are most of the vikings games this season..tough schedual), the skins do have a lot of skill on offense, but like said brunell is a big question mark (even though people say the exact same thing about johnson)

im still leaning to the vikes on this one, but then again, when dont i?

http://vikesking.blogspot.com/

"We’ll win our own Super Bowl, with our own players. Real Vikings. Something Brett Favre can never be."

- Dan Calabrese

Potus2028 is offline Hall of Famer

well..
    we could always pull out a win like we did in ney york last year

int TD
    kr TD
    pr TD
    i m better than you, so just give up...

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast