Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    spikecyrus is offline Rookie

Re: Redskins-I was a little worried but...

newman
    3 TDs ..............OK, I hope your right, but I'll settle for winning by one point

tiersius is offline Rookie

I say, if we win the time of possesion, we win the game. If they're running the ball well - watch out. Either way I think it will be close.

whackthepack is offline Jersey Retired

"Benet" wrote:
    I'm still hesitant to predict we'll win this. I'll be a LOT more comfortable once I've seen a stable running-game from us. That being said, I have more than enough confidence in Brad Johnson to believe that if it's on his shoulders, he'll carry us. I also have huge confidence in our defence to chew up any QB's that are unfortunate enough to stand in front of them at the snap, but I'm still wary of the threat from Clinton Portis, even with a bum shoulder.

We'll see.. I'll be rooting for the Vikes and waking the neighbours tho! (Monday Night Football comes on at about 1am-2am over here)

Benet you get a break this year!
    The Viking & Skin's game is the early game in the new double header format that ESPN is using so it is a 7:00pm Eastern game and should be on at midnight in London.
    What we've got here is failure to communicate.

Slade is offline Star Spokesman

The Redskins have again amassed a roster of overpaid, underachievers. They will not make the playoffs this year. Brunell is too inconsistent, Portis is fragile, the WR's are crap (except for S Moss) & the defense is decent (S Taylor is a stud tho). The only thing that could turn them around is the coaching staff. Gibbs is good, but Saunders & Williams are brilliant. However, I do not expect much from the 'Skins

ejmat is offline Jersey Retired

"Newman" wrote:
    i happen to know for a fact that the vikes will win this game by three touchdowns.
    dont ask me how i just do.
    That's it.
    Now I'm convinced that we will kill them (sarcasm).

As many people have said preseason scores mean nothing.
    Last year the Colts were 0-4.
    Please stop using preseason as a prediction for the regular season.
    The fact is I hope we do win big.
    I hate nail biters.
    Reality is I think the Redskins will be strong especially with Portis in the lineup.
    I think they lost a little on defense and that hurts them.
    The reason why I do feel comfortable with this game is BJs know-how to manage the game clock and our defense seems to be clicking.
    My prediction is Vikings 20 - Redskins 13

fasn8u is offline Waterboy

Yeah well the last time the VIKES went 2-1-1 in preseason they went to the Super Bowl too!!!!!!

I could be mistaken on that, let me check my stats book.......
    LOL!!!!!

Benet is offline Star Spokesman

"whackthepack" wrote:
    "Benet" wrote:
    I'm still hesitant to predict we'll win this. I'll be a LOT more comfortable once I've seen a stable running-game from us. That being said, I have more than enough confidence in Brad Johnson to believe that if it's on his shoulders, he'll carry us. I also have huge confidence in our defence to chew up any QB's that are unfortunate enough to stand in front of them at the snap, but I'm still wary of the threat from Clinton Portis, even with a bum shoulder.

We'll see.. I'll be rooting for the Vikes and waking the neighbours tho! (Monday Night Football comes on at about 1am-2am over here)
    Benet you get a break this year!
    The Viking & Skin's game is the early game in the new double header format that ESPN is using so it is a 7:00pm Eastern game and should be on at midnight in London.
    Sweet! That'll do nicely.

NordicNed is offline Jersey Retired

I'm excited for the season to begin, and I think it's great we get to kick-off the season with a Monday Night Football game.

My only concern is, we haven't been a great away road team in recent history...

Hopefully the new coaches and players can turn it up a notch for our away games this season...

I'm going to predict a very close game with Longwell nailing the winning field goal with 3 mins left in the game, then our D shuting them down....

Vikes 20
    Skins 17

I LOVE THE SMELL OF VICTORY IN THE MORNING AIR.

vaoutlaws2006 is offline Waterboy

"DCJAM" wrote:
    i just cheecked online and saw their expecting Portis back for this game.
    Still no worries, I suspect he's still hurt--from his knee right?
    Look, Portis is all they got.
    If he's not playin' at his prime then this will be a massacare for them. >
    well allow me to retort. Portis is all they have. allow me to refresh you memory on this one...they have this wide reciever i think he goes by the name of SANTANA MOSS, they have this other guy name randel el and portis is all they have. You better re think that one my friend.

as a skins fan (not trying to sound cocky) the only way i see us losing is if Portis is out/brunell sucks/defense can't stop chester taylor. I think chester will have a big game but you guys look a little shabby on WR, and run D. Portis (if healthy) will have a huge game. However i still think it will be close Skins 17-14

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast