Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567
    Zeus is offline Jersey Retired

Re: RED ZONE CONSERVATIVE APPROACH

"Prophet" wrote:
    To me, it's tough to see what problems exist on the O at this time because I truly believe the Vikings just played some top-tier defensive teams.
    They came up short and will have to do something to get things going.
    There is no doubt that offensive production has been sporadic and the inability to get into the end zone has to be bothering the team more than it's bothering us (with the exception of =Z=).
    Nice drive-by you old fart!

=Z=

Thanks to Josdin for the awesome sig!

Prophet Guest

"AWZeus" wrote:
    "Prophet" wrote:
    To me, it's tough to see what problems exist on the O at this time because I truly believe the Vikings just played some top-tier defensive teams.
    They came up short and will have to do something to get things going.
    There is no doubt that offensive production has been sporadic and the inability to get into the end zone has to be bothering the team more than it's bothering us (with the exception of =Z=).
    Nice drive-by you old fart!

=Z=
    Thanks, only giving you what you deserve.
    Lucky for you I was using the 4/10.

olson_10 is offline Ring of Fame

"BigMoInAZ" wrote:
    You know whats funny?
    There are way too many Monday Morning Quarterbacks the world over who can have perfect 20/20 hindsight!
    It's laughable! This game wasn't decided on the outcome of one play, good or bad!
    It was a collection of 60 minutes of execution or lack of!

The Bears didn't steal anything, they made the plays necessary to win.
    It may have taken them 58 minutes to do it but ultimately they did and the Vikings didn't!

Anyone who makes light of a fans opinion on the teams lack of productivity in the Red Zone just refuses to see anything bad about this team or its coaches.
    When and if the team finally starts scoring TDs then you'll see less and less negativity from fans or sports media people. What is so basically hard to accept that this team is still progressing and who knows if they have the talent to improve upon what we've already witnessed so far this year?
    Sure more games and repetition helps and we should see some improvement eventually, but to dismiss the lack of success as a non-issue is ridiculous!

Let me put it another way.
    If Daunte Culpepper was still playing for this team and the same non-success in the Red Zone was occurring, ask yourself who's neck would be on every fans chopping block?
    I think it's safe to say that Brad Johnson is getting a pass so far this season!
    JM2CW!
    some of what you are saying makes sense, but then the rest sounds a little goofy..in one place you are saying such and such over 60 minutes and whatever, and then next thing you say the bears did whatever they did for 58 minutes..its almost like you are implying that if the fumble didnt occur, the game wouldnt have changed in any way at all..the end of the game, we call different plays and theres no chance on earth of there being a different outcome? its a what if situation, but if we cant sit around and talk about that, then why do forums even exist?? are we supposed to just come on here and all say "good try, but we lost" and all leave the forum not speaking about anything other than that? thats defeating the purpose by encouraging us NOT to talk about the problems and make points on this teams question marks

.the reason for questioning the coaching and calls made in the red zone is my expecations for this team to be playing better..of course there will be less negativity when we start scoring, the point of the game is to put more points on the board than the other team! we barely squeaked by in the first 2 games, and lost the 3rd one because of our offensive problems

you are basically saying its a crime to expect more as fans out of the vikings..i pay money to buy jerseys, i pay to go on a trip every november to watch the vikes play, and i pay for my cable bills to watch the vikes on tv..pretty much everyone on here can relate to that, and im pretty sure thats a lot of the reason as to why we are on here questioning decisions and pointing out flaws..thats just the way all football fans are, and thats pretty much the reason for it..they were scoring more with brad johnson in there last season, so where are the TDs this year?

People who see life as anything more than pure entertainment are missing the point.

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567