Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast
    olson_10 is offline Ring of Fame

RED ZONE CONSERVATIVE APPROACH

okay..whether any of you agree if this needs a new thread or not, i didnt see it directly posted anywhere

does anybody else have a problem with the plays being called 5-10 yards short of a first down or TD in the red zone?

this is bugging me WAYYYY too much..we have only thrown to the endzone TWICE all season long, TWICE! one of them was marcus robinsons TD, the other johnson just missed a poorly defended travis taylor in the endzone today with an awful throw over his head..our redzone trip today we went with a little run for no gain on 1st down..on second down we threw a 1 yard out to jimmy which isnt designed to go anywhere..3rd and 9, guess what, 4 yard pass to taylor in triple coverage and he drops the ball..this is what happens every trip into the redzone except for the 1st game of the season

we dont even TRY to win these games, and it kills me..we arent TRYING to put it in the endzone, just running plays to make the field goals shorter

get some frickin balls childress or go out and hire a real offensive co-ordinator like the rest of the league rather than some chump who chilled out with brett favre the past couple years doing absolutely nothing
    People who see life as anything more than pure entertainment are missing the point.

Prophet Guest

Re: RED ZONE CONSERVATIVE APPROACH

;D, can't argue with that.
    There are times to go for three and times to give it a shot in the end zone.
    They better be working on their red zone tactics, after three games it appears the D will be able to do their job and it is now time to the the whole team to function.
    I was really hoping the special teams were going to win the game today on a return....why didn't troy cut right?
    It appeared to be a TD if he did on that one play, oops, off topic in a post.

i understand about times to go for three and what not, but we have gone for three everytime weve gotten down there since robinsons TD..we havent even thrown the ball and had it even land incomplete within 5 yard of the endzone yet..at least TRY to win..TRY to make it easier on the defense

now people are talking crap about the defense not holding at the end of the game..well they held a billion other times in the game, why didnt the offense even attempt to make things easier on them by putting more than just 3 points up everytime they got close..its not that we arent scoring TDs that annoys me, its the fact that we dont even run plays that get close to the goalline when were close!!..if we were trying and trying but just not completing passes down there, thats fine..but when were catching 1-4 yard passes on 2nd and 3rd down and goal or else inside the 15, thats just stupidity
    People who see life as anything more than pure entertainment are missing the point.

magicci is offline Jersey Retired

i didnt see marcus go in during the goal line plays today. although i didnt see marcus go in at all

"magicci" wrote:
    i didnt see marcus go in during the goal line plays today. although i didnt see marcus go in at all
    he doesnt need to be out there..when ur inside the 15-20, wheres the TE? the play we run to jimmy is for 1 yard..wiggins catches 1 pass all game..where are these west coast offense plays? these quick hits on slant routes, the use of TEs? where is it? we were all told the TEs would play a big role, and its nowhere to be seen..we dont even throw to ANYBODY in the endzone..robinson sat out today i think, thats why this maurice mann clown was out there holding guys that didnt have any impact on the taylor running play he got flagged on

we just need to see the ATTEMPT, or the EFFORT or BALLS if you wanna put it that way, to just TRY to score TDs..3 games, and we have 2 offensive TDs excluding Ryan Longwell's toss last game..its pathetic

Vikes_King is offline Jersey Retired

"magicci" wrote:
    marcus robinson sat out today due to a hamstring injury, he was listed as probable, thats why Mann was in instead, believe me, there will be more shots to the endzone when we have robinson lining up opposite t-will

http://vikesking.blogspot.com/

"We’ll win our own Super Bowl, with our own players. Real Vikings. Something Brett Favre can never be."

- Dan Calabrese

vikinggreg is offline Ring of Fame

Surprised we haven't seen Wiggins gettin the call, well one TD in 3 games there is lots of guys not getting in.

snowinapril is offline Jersey Retired

I noticed the same thing.
    I think I said the same thing during the live chat about going for the end zone.
    It is conservative play calling.
    I think that we are trying not to loose too much, except for the fake FG for a TD last week.

Who knows?

We only get to wait and see next time.

Tarkenator is offline Training Camp

It was hard to see from the coverage of the game if he was open much, but it seems they are not utilizing Wiggins.
    I'm sure it is more the new offense than him not being part of the gameplans.

I agree we definitely need to be taking shots in the endzone.
    3 games and 2 offensive Td's - one run, one pass?

More than anything , I think we need to open it up just to get the offese fired up.
    They seem, to me, to be a little lackluster in attitude.
    The only real emotion I saw offensively today was Mewelde Moore's great 3rd down run.
    The defense is playing inspired football right now, but if the offense continues to falter in the red zone they may lose their fire.

We seem to have gone from a "touchdown to checkdown" mentality to a checkdown to Longwell mentality.
    "Puntalee-wuntalee, yesiree-bob!"

Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast