cajunvike is offline Jersey Retired

Red will have to pay taxes on sale of Vikings!

Says it right here:

http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/wire?section=nfl&id=2032016
    BANNED OR DEAD...I'LL TAKE EITHER ONE

sitandbehitski is offline Asst. Coach

Re: Red will have to pay taxes on sale of Vikings!

Kinda cheap of them, but it couldn't have happened to a nicer guy.
    I may be an a$$, but at least I m a smart one

PurplePackerEater is offline Ring of Fame

subject: Re: Red will have to pay taxes on sale of Vikings!

The title is inacurate! I see Subject Titles like this all the time. Try using "might" or "probably" or "possible".

No offence to ya, it's just kind of annoying when ya read a title and the column is different. :wink:

cajunvike is offline Jersey Retired

"PurplePackerEater" wrote:

The title is inacurate! I see Subject Titles like this all the time. Try using "might" or "probably" or "possible".

No offence to ya, it's just kind of annoying when ya read a title and the column is different. :wink:
    From the article:
    But Busch, a Minneapolis attorney, said state law already forces McCombs to pay tax on the sale, just as any other business owner selling a company would. Busch said the fact McCombs lives and does most of his business in Texas won't allow him to escape Minnesota taxes.

Don't get confused by the ADDITIONAL taxation that was proposed...what this article refers to is the REGULAR taxes that are imposed on the sale of ALL businesses in Minnesota...two different taxing situations are discussed in the article: the EXISTING tax and the proposed SPECIAL tax.

Re-read the article, very carefully, then come back and you will be tested on it, PPE! :study:
    BANNED OR DEAD...I'LL TAKE EITHER ONE

"cajunvike" wrote:
    "PurplePackerEater" wrote:

From the article:
    But Busch, a Minneapolis attorney, said state law already forces McCombs to pay tax on the sale, just as any other business owner selling a company would. Busch said the fact McCombs lives and does most of his business in Texas won't allow him to escape Minnesota taxes.

Don't get confused by the ADDITIONAL taxation that was proposed...what this article refers to is the REGULAR taxes that are imposed on the sale of ALL businesses in Minnesota...two different taxing situations are discussed in the article: the EXISTING tax and the proposed SPECIAL tax.

Re-read the article, very carefully, then come back and you will be tested on it, PPE! :study:

Everyone that follows the Vikes knows that "Day" is trying to add an additional tax and everyone knows that you can't even sell a broke-down crap car without paying Uncle Sam.

So, by stating in the subject- "Red will have to pay taxes on sale of Vikings!" - indicates that the "Day" proposal was approved.

Don't take me for an idiot, it makes you look stupid.

Lotza is offline Team Alumni

Still, the sponsor, Senate Minority Leader Dick Day saw the hearing as a success because the Vikings offered a peek into the deal between owner Red McCombs and prospective buyer Reggie Fowler, an Arizona businessman who has reportedly agreed to pay $625 million for the franchise. The NFL has yet to approve the sale.

that would suck :arrow: :lol:

Go vikes!!

I HOPE that Fowler doesn't get the team for the fact that he doesn't have enough money and needs partners. It didn't work before Red, why would it work now?