SKOL is offline Ring of Fame

RED RANT THREAD :

This is not new news, but it's my Red Rant:

The only reason we were even close to the MINIMUM SALARY CAP is because we counted Winfields signing bonus as salary for the year. If Red's bottom line was winning, not money, he would have structured it the salary correctly and spent up to the cap. We were only one or two key players short of the Super Bowl, but red wasn't willing to spend the money. Of course Red's bottom line in bringing Tice back for another year was money too - let's face it, we'll never win a Super Bowl as long as we have cheap ol' Red as the owner.

The true measure of a man is how he treats someone who can do him absolutely no good -Samuel Johnson - lexicographer
    The word genius isn t applicable in football. A genius is a guy like Norman Einstein - Joe Theisman

Caine is offline Jersey Retired

Re: RED RANT THREAD :

"SKOL" wrote:

The only reason we were even close to the MINIMUM SALARY CAP is because we counted Winfields signing bonus as salary for the year. If Red's bottom line was winning, not money, he would have structured it the salary correctly and spent up to the cap. We were only one or two key players short of the Super Bowl, but red wasn't willing to spend the money. Of course Red's bottom line in bringing Tice back for another year was money too - let's face it, we'll never win a Super Bowl as long as we have cheap ol' Red as the owner.
    Can't add anything to that...except my agreement.

muchluv4smoot is offline Team Alumni

Re: RED RANT THREAD :

"SKOL" wrote:

Red is doing everything possible to make this team more attractive to potential buyers, so that is a reason he did that with winfield's contract,a nd with Tice's. But I do agree he is too cheap for us to have a championship caliber team. Hopefully he sells the team this offseason.