Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    LosAngelis is offline Team Alumni

Red Picks Up Option on 05 Packer NFCN Championship

Minneapolis, MN (AP) - Red McCombs made the decision that Packer fans are cheering from the Mississippi to Lake Michigan.

With an option looming for the Packers to win a fourth straight divisional championship, there were lingering doubts that McCombs would pick up the option guaranteeing the division for the Green and Gold.

Following the Packer victory over the Vikings on Christmas Eve, the debate swirled on...would McCombs give another championship to the Packers?

But, on Sunday, all was decided.

"Our expectation of winning the division was met, and we feel that the program Mike Tice has guided gives us the talent base to have enough failure today and in the future," owner Red McCombs said in a statement Monday. "Our expectations are high for the Packers in the upcoming playoffs and for next year."

Mike Sherman, head coach of the Packers, seemed visably releived at his press conference on Monday, as his own job was in jeopardy.

"This is a tremendous vote of confidence from the Viking organization," Sherman said, "We know that no matter how much our team struggles, as long as Mike Tice is heading up their organization, they will always step aside in December and allow us to take the division. My personal thanks to Red McCombs, as he obviously received his payment from the Packer organization.

"We were afraid it was lost amidst all of the payments going out to the NFL referees."

For his own statement, Tice seemed once again blissfully unaware of the meaning behind the extension of his contract.

"I'm pleased," Tice said. "I want to remain the football coach of this football team because we've come a long way in three years."

"We just keep fighting the fight," Tice said. "Hopefully, when it's all said and done, you've accomplished a whole bunch. How many teams can say they can fritter away such huge leads in the standings, year after year? A huge goal next year is to win our first eight games, then lose the next eight.

"It's just amazing the number of options we have to help the Packers keep winning."
    Have you ever seen a race of turtles, and they all go the wrong way instead of towards the finish line?

Welcome to the NFC North.

RandyMoss8404 is offline Hall of Famer

You are such a dick :lol:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kWgAayphx7Y
    "He s done it! Portugal is through!"

UTVikfan is offline Coordinator

Los, hahhahaha. Your sarcasm makes even me cringe somedays. Your working on cutting loose, are you? =D.

LosAngelis is offline Team Alumni

What....you think I made that up?????? :-)
    Have you ever seen a race of turtles, and they all go the wrong way instead of towards the finish line?

Welcome to the NFC North.

UTVikfan is offline Coordinator

No, but put the pipe down now, Los. =P.

BBQ Platypus is offline Team Alumni

It will all depend on how much the defense improves. The offense is good, and Linehan runs it well. However, the defense was a lot worse this year compared to last year. I think Cottrell is part of the reason for the decline.

I think Tice would do well to emulate the actions of many U.S. Presidents: If you aren't very smart, surround yourself with smarter people. Most of the worst presidents in history had a Cabinet filled with corrupt political cronies and complete morons. (See Harding, Warren). Ted Cottrell falls under the category of "complete moron." He calls WAY too many conservative coverage plays, and not nearly enough blitzes. The Bills' defense is a lot better without him running it. The Vikings defense has enough problems as it is.

If the Vikings want to make it far into the playoffs, they need to make more aggressive calls on defense. Tice would probably have to be the person to take that initiative, as Cottrell is too busy being an absolute and complete moron to notice. Then, during the offseason, Red will have to open up his tight fist, dust off his wallet, and hire someone with an I.Q. above 50 to be our defensive coordinator. We've hired a lot of defensive coordinators in the past few years, so I wouldn't be too surprised if the latter of the two necessities were to occur, but it would take a miracle for Tice to notice the crappy play-calling and do something about it.

Well, we can hope.

"This is my timey-wimey detector. It goes ding when there's stuff."

RK.
    RK. is offline Ring of Fame Rally Cross II Champion

Thats funny LOS :lol: The sad thing for the Packers is that Sherman even though handed the North Division by Red and the refs still can't seem to do anything with it other than confirm the mediocrity of your team. :P

WWBGD

whackthepack is offline Jersey Retired

Los, that is the worst post ever from you!

Maybe Packman got your access codes and is posing as you?
    What we've got here is failure to communicate.

MN_Jet_Fan is offline Rookie

Hilarious

rjkvikings is offline Asst. Coach

"whackthepack" wrote:
    Los, that is the worst post ever from you!

Maybe Packman got your access codes and is posing as you?
    Oh come on whack, it was funny. He even makes a couple jokes about the Pack, like saying Sherman was afraid Red's payment got "lost amidst all of the payments going out to the NFL referees." Nice job Los :salute:

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast