Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    404 is offline Rookie

Red has this franchise up for sale...

Not sure if this would be a repostor not, but I just realized that... Sounds like very good news to me, if sold, maybe new owner won't be so cheap.
    da441406927a7aa8c47d42e2a95977b4

jackyl is offline Hall of Famer

Yeah he's only had it listed for the past 3 years.

enlvikeman is offline Hall of Famer

lol...are you for real 404?

"24 mil under the cap? there are teams 30 mil over the cap, heck that gives us at least 50 mil to spend"

CollegeGuyJeff circa 2006

VKG4LFE is offline Jersey Retired Tetris Champion, Monkey GO Happy 4 Champion

(chanting) We want Taylor, we want Taylor (Glen Taylor that is)!

I get the most pissed off looks from people with my VKG 4 LFE Wisconsin license plate, and I LOVE IT!!

majorvikesfan is offline Waterboy

If Taylor bought the Vikes, we would be sitting good. That's the best thing that could happen. I don't think he would hesitate for a moment to spend the money it takes to get us to the Big Bowl.

cheesefree is offline Starter

"majorvikesfan" wrote:
    If Taylor bought the Vikes, we would be sitting good. That's the best thing that could happen. I don't think he would hesitate for a moment to spend the money it takes to get us to the Big Bowl.
    If Taylor was the owner, they would not only get there, but win it a couple times while Pepp and Moss are still in their prime. That cheap penny pinching bastard Red is slowly but surely driving the Vikings into the ground.
    [b:6191debc1d]it ain t easy being cheesy[/b:6191debc1d]
    [img:6191debc1d]http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid137/p834fa46b07efd9e3efdcb7cb577f214e/f73f7170.jpg[/img:6191debc1d]

Viking_Spirit is offline Star Spokesman

"cheesefree" wrote:
    "majorvikesfan" wrote:
    If Taylor was the owner, they would not only get there, but win it a couple times while Pepp and Moss are still in their prime. That cheap penny pinching bastard Red is slowly but surely driving the Vikings into the ground.
    Taylor would do a great job as owner...hopefully Red ends up selling the team to him.

Guns don t kill people. Chuck Norris kills people.

MN_Jet_Fan is offline Rookie

Problem is, Red is asking for way too much for this franchise. I remember recently reading that his price tag (I forgot exactly how much) is similar to the values of franchises in larger markets with newer stadiums. I don't think anyone in their right mind pays his asking price without a new stadium or apporval from the state for one.

SKOL is offline Ring of Fame

That's what's holding up the sale. Taylor doesn't want to pay $600 million for the team, then have to turn around and pay $200 million towards a stadium. The only way Red could get $600 million is if he agrees to cover the Vikings portion of the stadium, or sell to an out of state buyer, who would move the team (and that can't happen because of the lease). Red should be more reasonable in his demands.

The true measure of a man is how he treats someone who can do him absolutely no good -Samuel Johnson - lexicographer
    The word genius isn t applicable in football. A genius is a guy like Norman Einstein - Joe Theisman

dan3ski is offline Coordinator

Red only has dollar signs in his eyes he is asking to much money for a team that has not made the play-offs in two years.
    can we clone Bud Grant?

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast