Page 1 of 11 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Red Flag Day

RK.
    RK. is offline Ring of Fame Rally Cross II Champion

Red Flag Day

There was a suggestion in the yell earlier today that on Sunday fans take red flags and throw them on the field when Childress walks out on the field as a challenge to his moronic call to waive Randy Moss.

I think this is a great idea and if I were going to the game I would do it. I would encourage anyone going to the game to find a piece of red cloth and take it with them and let Childress know what we think of his Randy Moss call.

WWBGD

Mr Anderson is offline Jersey Retired

Re: Red Flag Day

Yes. Do it.

Culpepper_4717 is offline Asst. Coach Chopper Challenge Champion

LOL, I suggested it. This would be great if we could get people to do it, however I'm unsure if Chilly will be present :laugh:

12purplepride28 is offline Star Spokesman
    Blog Entries

I think this would be a great idea, only problem is people not doing it wouldn't know what it means.
    I am NOT here to provide good football insight or rational observations. I am an emotional 19 year old Viking fan and I expect you to adjust your expectations from my posts.

Culpepper_4717 is offline Asst. Coach Chopper Challenge Champion

Challenge Childress Day!

ndnorseman is offline Pro-Bowler

12purplepride28 wrote:
    I think this would be a great idea, only problem is people not doing it wouldn't know what it means.

Communication.

Put up posters outside the Dome entrances, and have people handing out the red flags, explaining what it's all about.

singersp is offline PPO Newshound

It would have to be done by masses of people, since throwing objects in the dome can result in immediate ejection from the game and/or loss of season ticket privaleges.

Waving FIRE CHILDRESS red flags however, is totally acceptable.

"If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

NodakPaul is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

Singer is right - waiving the flags would be a safer move and just as effective.

However, it would need to be done by a good majority of the people in the stands in order to actually send a message. At around 65,000 seats, I don't know if there is really anyone out there who is willing to put up the $$$ for that many flags.

You couldn't use the ground markign flags because they usually come with a long wire staff on it, and I doubt those would make it into the stadium. You would have to go with some kind of red cloth that we could wave, similar to the touchdown towels. Regular red fabric but into 12X6" sheets would probably look, but you are still looking at several thousand dollars to put it together.

Fun idea, but not really feasible.
    Zeus wrote:
    When are you going to realize that picking out the 20 bad throws this year and ignoring the 300 good ones does not make your point?

=Z=

BleedinPandG is offline Coach

Eh... no one in Minnesota has any corporate type connections? Would be a great marketing opportunity for a small to medium sized company. Not only would they get a lot of in person advertising, if it gets big enough they might get TV coverage (imagine the sideline reporter holding one talking about who distributed them) for both a broader local coverage and some national coverage (I believe the AZ/MN game is being televised on Fox here in SLC).

Time is sort of short but I gotta believe a printing company can stamp something simple out extremely fast. You'd have a day or two to line up the funding.
    The true measure of a man is what he'd do knowing he'd never be found out.

Zeus is offline Jersey Retired

RK. wrote:
    There was a suggestion in the yell earlier today that on Sunday fans take red flags and throw them on the field when Childress walks out on the field as a challenge to his moronic call to waive Randy Moss.

I think this is a great idea and if I were going to the game I would do it. I would encourage anyone going to the game to find a piece of red cloth and take it with them and let Childress know what we think of his Randy Moss call.
    Nope. I approve of the move.

And I would take a moment to remind fans that throwing objects onto the field will result in the team getting a 15-yard unsportsmanlike conduct penalty.

=Z=

Thanks to Josdin for the awesome sig!

Page 1 of 11 123 ... LastLast