Thread: RED ALERT

RED ALERT

Webby, not sure if this should go in another part of the board, but we should keep a running thread on Mr McCombs and the sale of Vikings. God knows we all want him to sell eventually, and hopefully some of you can keep us all updated!

Sig Created by MinnesotaFury

vikoles is offline Coordinator

RED ALERT

Better be careful calling for Red to sell the team I THINK I would die if the team could potentially be MOVED out of state I don t know how I would react as a fan other than not LIKNG IT one bit correct????
    "The pen is mightier than the sword"

PAvikesfan is offline Star Spokesman

RED ALERT

i don't think he will be able to effectively move the team out of MN till 2011. besides, i heard the NFL wants to keep a team in MN anyway. anyone got any real news?

ItalianStallion is offline Jersey Retired

RED ALERT

The only question is...who will be the LA team the NFL is so adament about getting by 2008?

Not the Cardinals, not the Chargers,
    Probably not Indy or New Orleans...

I m like a Ja Rule poster, cause I'm off the wall.

snowinapril is offline Jersey Retired

RED ALERT

"ItalianStallion" wrote:
    The only question is...who will be the LA team the NFL is so adament about getting by 2008?

Peter King from SI talks on the inside the NFL show on HBO and he said last week that he thought the Saints are the contenders for LA.

The lease that they did with the Dome is tight. Someone wrote or said earlier this season that we should be thanking the guys that wrote this lease otherwise our team might have started the process of packing yesterday right after our game with the Eagles.

Kleinsasser40 is offline Coordinator

RED ALERT

"ItalianStallion" wrote:

Why not?
    [img:2264cdc124]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v482/ultravikingfan/vikesklein.jpg[/img:2264cdc124]

Potus2028 is offline Hall of Famer

RED ALERT

i would be devistated if the vikes moved...
    the LA vikings.... dont even think about that.. thats a horrible thought.
    i moved from minnesota, and along with the dallas stars (no hockey.. boo strike), the vikings are the only connection (minus family) i have to the beautiful state of minnesota
    oh... nothing makes me madder when people say im from wisconsin or michigan getting it mixed up with minnesota

:king:
    i m better than you, so just give up...

berserkers is offline Rookie

RED ALERT

I seriously doubt that the Vikings will ever be allowed to leave Minnesota. I have heard several times from several sources that the league just won't allow it.

I would like for Red to sell however. And obvious preference is to somebody who is going to keep the team in Minnesota. I think somebody else who is actusally willing to spend some money on a coaching staff instead of going for rock bottom prices and getting rock bottom results would be a good thing.

Out of curiousity, how many fans would/could not be able to root for this team any longer if they moved to say Los Angeles. I am just curious. It raises the question, when is a team no longer a shadow of its former self...

would just the move do it...
    the move as well as a name or uniform change?

when are the Vikings no longer the Vikings?
    [img:a634b559b7]http://www.myimgs.com/data/islandercountry/bannerbbers.gif[/img:a634b559b7]