Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    sleepagent is offline Hall of Famer

Re: The Reason Why The Vikings Win the SB This Year

As a fan (with the purple shades on) . . . you ALWAYS hope that this is THE year!

The reality of this is pretty bleak.
    Not a whole lot working for us right now . . . but just as in 1998 . . . anything can happen!

Let's go play some football . . .

"No Greater Friend . . . No Worse Enemy. U.S. MARINES"
    "FIND YOUR PASSION AND MAKE IT HAPPEN!"
    "SUCCESS LOOKS EASY TO THOSE THAT WEREN'T THERE WHEN IT WAS BEING ACHIEVED!"

ejmat is offline Jersey Retired

"sleepagent" wrote:
    As a fan (with the purple shades on) . . . you ALWAYS hope that this is THE year!

The reality of this is pretty bleak.
    Not a whole lot working for us right now . . . but just as in 1998 . . . anything can happen!

Whenever there is any negativity I will say this:
    Never fear.
    Underdog is here!
    ;D

so-cal vike is offline Team Alumni

"Prophet" wrote:
    The correlation with the release of Underdog is as reasonable as some of the analyses that I've read this offseason.
    At least it's admitting up front that you have no clue what is going to happen.
    Thank you...Mr. Sunshine.

"singersp" wrote:
    None of us really do. Everything is pure speculation, hopes, dreams & wishes.
    2008 Superbowl Champion Minnesota Vikings.

Keep the dream alive!

pigskinronin is offline Starter

"tb04512" wrote:
    actually have ypu noticed when we are supposed to be good we arnt really that good and then when we are the underdog we suprise a lot of people
    Good point. Most experts had us last or next to last in the division before the 1998 season started. I hope it's a trend.

VKG4LFE is offline Jersey Retired Tetris Champion, Monkey GO Happy 4 Champion

"pigskinronin" wrote:
    "tb04512" wrote:
    actually have ypu noticed when we are supposed to be good we arnt really that good and then when we are the underdog we suprise a lot of people
    Good point. Most experts had us last or next to last in the division before the 1998 season started. I hope it's a trend.

No way, really? I didn't realize that.

I get the most pissed off looks from people with my VKG 4 LFE Wisconsin license plate, and I LOVE IT!!

"sleepagent" wrote:

The reality of this is pretty bleak. Not a whole lot working for us right now . . . but just as in 1998 . . . anything can happen!

In all fairness. We do have things going for us even without purple shades. I'm not saying we have enough to win a super bowl but it certainly looks promising

TEAM IMPROVEMENTS
    1. Weakest division in the league. Everyone in our division doesn't have much upside except maybe us and the Lions. Green Bay. Lost Ahman Green. Brett Favre has been going down hill for a while and is one year older. One year worse. Chicago lost I think two guys on defense plus the defensive coordinator. That defense that carried that team might not be able to do it this year. They lost Thomas Jones. Without that 1-2 punch that will make T-Rex Gross man that much worse.

2. Second year under a new coach. Everyone knows the flow and has gotten into a groove and feel more comfortable under this coach. The coach has the type of players he wants and doesn't have the type of players he doesn't want

3. Second year under a new system. Players are now adjusted to the new system therefore have more of an idea on what they should do (less hesititation) knowing what the coaches want out of them and are all the people that fit that system. All these signs point to the players preforming better and therefore the team.

OFFENSE IMPROVEMENTS
    4. Second year for Tarvaris Jackson. he knows what he can and can't do. Felt the speed of the game. Know what it is. Now spent an off season becoming in sink with his receivers. Spent a year getting used to NFL practice and what not.

5. We improved our running game obviously we drafted Adrian Peterson. We have a one-two punch now with two great runningback to have one of the best runningback tandems in the league. That will also improve our pass game and make our second year quarterback look that much better when defense are attempting to play the run. As long as AD stays healthy and goes "All Day" then 4. and 5. put together and we got a good offense.

6. We added Bobby Wade who had as good of stats as Kevin Curtis and didnt have Marc Bulger throwing him the ball as well as Torry Holt and Isaac Bruce to occupy
    DBs.
    He should improve that receiver corp

7. Maybe- Troy Williamson entering his 3rd year. Make our break year for him. He corrected his eyes so he could turn into a breakout season for Williamson and be great. That would also help our receiver corp and our QB.

DEFENSE IMPROVEMENTS
    8. Erasmus James is coming back off his injury. The only problem with our superior defense is no pass rush and james should bring that to our defense and make us even more dominent,

9. Greenways coming back and expected to breakout. He'll be good for our pass defense and run support because of his versitility. He'll end up great. And that will be great for our defense

10. We signed Mike Doss to our secondary and improve or pass defense even more.
    "Some Coaches pray for wisdom. I pray for 300 lbs. lineman. They give me plenty of wisdom"
    -Chuck Noll

R.I.P. Sean Taylor

so-cal vike is offline Team Alumni

"pigskinronin" wrote:
    "tb04512" wrote:
    No... no trends.
    Trends end poorly for the Vikings and their fans.
    This is something new.
    This year...the Vikings win the Superbowl!
    Keep the dream alive!
    ;D

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123