Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!

Re: Really? Crowning the Vikings Already? Here We Go Again...

"marstc09" wrote:
    "Marrdro" wrote:
    "BleedinPandG" wrote:
    "Marrdro" wrote:
    The Jets forced the most fumbles last year in the league with 29 (Vikes had 22).
    They tied for ninth in the league in interceptions with 14 (Minnesota had 12).
    And their points per game (PPG) allowed was only 1.5 higher than the Vikings.

OUCH.

Based on Favre's past performance, he will make risky throws no matter what or he just wouldn't play the game anymore!
    Do you think he wants to come back to play a game management role in a run-dominated offense?
    What part of his career was that ever his role?
    What visions are conjured up in your mind when thinking about Brett Favre?
    Is it calmly handing the ball off and making short dump-off passes?
    Double OUCH.

Wasn't that what Favre did the year GB won the SB?
    Didn't they have a solid D and a solid running game?
    I think the lack of a running game in GB and NY forced more responsibility on Favre then he wanted and could handle.
    He has talked repeatedly about playing with AD.
    He has stated he understands the Vikes are a run dominated offense.
    Favre knows what he's getting by joining the Vikings.
    I personally don't believe he's going to enter that situation believing it will all change for him or because of him.
    So many run around with this egomaniac opinion of him, I haven't seen it.
    I see a guy with passion for football, a desire to win, mental skills within the game of football to be a HOFer, physical skills that put him in the top half of the QBs in the league, and an understanding of what it takes to win.
    Are you trying to say the LNAD we are getting has the same skill sets now as he did back in the day?

As to his passion.
    I am sure he does still want to play the game.
    Anyone who has played it at any level would give anything to strap it back on one more time.
    Problem is, at some point our passion out wants our body and we just can't do it anymore.....

I sure hope for all that is holy, this isn't the case.
    LMFAO. I bet Kurt Warner didn't have the same skill sets. Wasn't he in the Super Bowl last year? What about John Elway?
    :
    Did either of those two have tendons pop/tear in thier arms the previous year?
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

NodakPaul is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

"Marrdro" wrote:
    "marstc09" wrote:
    "Marrdro" wrote:
    "BleedinPandG" wrote:
    "Marrdro" wrote:
    The Jets forced the most fumbles last year in the league with 29 (Vikes had 22).

OUCH.

Based on Favre's past performance, he will make risky throws no matter what or he just wouldn't play the game anymore!
    Do you think he wants to come back to play a game management role in a run-dominated offense?
    Double OUCH.

I think the lack of a running game in GB and NY forced more responsibility on Favre then he wanted and could handle.
    I personally don't believe he's going to enter that situation believing it will all change for him or because of him.
    I see a guy with passion for football, a desire to win, mental skills within the game of football to be a HOFer, physical skills that put him in the top half of the QBs in the league, and an understanding of what it takes to win.
    Are you trying to say the LNAD we are getting has the same skill sets now as he did back in the day?

As to his passion.
    Anyone who has played it at any level would give anything to strap it back on one more time.
    Problem is, at some point our passion out wants our body and we just can't do it anymore.....

LMFAO. I bet Kurt Warner didn't have the same skill sets. Wasn't he in the Super Bowl last year? What about John Elway?
    :
    Umm,
    John Elway played most of his career with no ligament in one knee, as well as a nagging groin injury that kept resurfacing.
    Fav-re injury is not uncommon, and the fix for it is relatively standard.
    Really not that big of a deal IMHO.
    Zeus wrote:
    When are you going to realize that picking out the 20 bad throws this year and ignoring the 300 good ones does not make your point?

=Z=

marstc09 is offline Jersey Retired

"NodakPaul" wrote:
    "Marrdro" wrote:
    "marstc09" wrote:
    "Marrdro" wrote:
    "BleedinPandG" wrote:
    [quote author=Marrdro link=topic=52252.msg962775#msg962775 date=1246018228]

OUCH.

Double OUCH.

As to his passion.

:
    Umm,
    John Elway played most of his career with no ligament in one knee, as well as a nagging groin injury that kept resurfacing.
    [/quote]

+1

jargomcfargo is offline Ring of Fame

"PurpleTide" wrote:
    "BleedinPandG" wrote:
    "NordicNed" wrote:
    +1 P&G

I feel very much the same...

Favre has a passion for the game, that one doesn't see in every player these days.

I think he will have one of his best season's ever this year.
    I wouldn't go that far, at least not statistically... mostly cause we won't ask him to.
    I'd be very surprised if he has more then 3,500 yards passing, there's no reason to.
    If he's throwing more then 25 times a game we're failing to do what our offense is built to do, pound it down the D's throat with AD and CT.
    The only way I see Favre putting up great yardage numbers is if his yards per completion is off the chart high due to being able to throw deep into 1 on 1 coverage and massive yards after catch numbers by guys like Berrian and PH due to Favre being able to read, call, and complete quick slants when the D is set to go all out to shut down AD.

What I can see from Favre is a career high in Completion % and hopefully a career low in INTs.

Granted, this all could be null and mute if Bevell changes into a Bellicek style win by 50, don't stop cramming it down their throats coach versus a "lets 'just' win"...
    I honestly think the Vikes, with Favre, have the ability to put up Pats like O numbers this year if our O Line plays a little better.
    Nice post BPn'G, I hope we see career high's in completion %, and career low int's, from Farve. Keep his attempts per game to <28, and play Viking smashmouth football. Grind their bones baby.
    I agree. Grind their bones with a big physical offense and defense. Make them pay for any win they get.
    Peterson is the star; not Favre. It's a running team with a quarterback that should be able to burn defenses for stacking the box. That's all.
    “What takes a quarterback to the next level is not arm strength or mobility or any of that stuff. It’s the ability to play on critical downs. Manage third downs, or red zones or four-minute or two-minute situations"
    Dilfer

Mr Anderson is offline Jersey Retired

11-5, eliminated in the divisional round of the playoffs.

We're not winning the NFC, we're not going to the Super Bowl, and we're not gonna stay healthy. They can crown us if they want, but they should know by now that we will disappoint.

13-3

NFC Champions!

i_bleed_purple is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

"marstc09" wrote:
    [s]13-3[/s]
    16-3

NFL Champions!

Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!

"NodakPaul" wrote:
    "Marrdro" wrote:
    "marstc09" wrote:
    "Marrdro" wrote:
    "BleedinPandG" wrote:

OUCH.

Double OUCH.

As to his passion.

:
    Umm,
    [/quote]
    Knee and a groin huh.
    ;D

If there was someplace that would show that he has taken this seriously and has actually worked to strenghten his arm from last year, to ensure it doesn't give out again, I would step off this soapbox.

Problem is, he waited until the last second and hasn't been able to implement a new workout regime that would ensure his "Tendons" don't tear again.

Long story short, like it or not, its a concern that shouldn't be taken lightly or glossed away.
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

"Marrdro" wrote:
    "NodakPaul" wrote:
    "Marrdro" wrote:
    "marstc09" wrote:
    "Marrdro" wrote:
    [quote author=BleedinPandG link=topic=52252.msg962803#msg962803 date=1246021701]

OUCH.

Double OUCH.

As to his passion.

:
    Umm,
    [/quote]
    Knee and a groin huh.

;D

If there was someplace that would show that he has taken this seriously and has actually worked to strenghten his arm from last year, to ensure it doesn't give out again, I would step off this soapbox.

Problem is, he waited until the last second and hasn't been able to implement a new workout regime that would ensure his "Tendons" don't tear again.

Long story short, like it or not, its a concern that shouldn't be taken lightly or glossed away.
    [/quote]

Chilly says it is fine. He is our Coach. I trust his decision.

C Mac D is offline Posting to P'own

"marstc09" wrote:
    Chilly says it is fine. He is our Coach. I trust his decision.
    Disclaimer: I'm an idiot.

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast