Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    BleedinPandG is offline Coach

Re: Really? Crowning the Vikings Already? Here We Go Again...

"Marrdro" wrote:
    The Jets forced the most fumbles last year in the league with 29 (Vikes had 22).
    They tied for ninth in the league in interceptions with 14 (Minnesota had 12).
    And their points per game (PPG) allowed was only 1.5 higher than the Vikings.

OUCH.

Based on Favre's past performance, he will make risky throws no matter what or he just wouldn't play the game anymore!
    Do you think he wants to come back to play a game management role in a run-dominated offense?
    What part of his career was that ever his role?
    What visions are conjured up in your mind when thinking about Brett Favre?
    Is it calmly handing the ball off and making short dump-off passes?
    Double OUCH.

Wasn't that what Favre did the year GB won the SB?
    Didn't they have a solid D and a solid running game?
    I think the lack of a running game in GB and NY forced more responsibility on Favre then he wanted and could handle.
    He has talked repeatedly about playing with AD.
    He has stated he understands the Vikes are a run dominated offense.
    Favre knows what he's getting by joining the Vikings.
    I personally don't believe he's going to enter that situation believing it will all change for him or because of him.
    So many run around with this egomaniac opinion of him, I haven't seen it.
    I see a guy with passion for football, a desire to win, mental skills within the game of football to be a HOFer, physical skills that put him in the top half of the QBs in the league, and an understanding of what it takes to win.
    The true measure of a man is what he'd do knowing he'd never be found out.

C Mac D is offline Posting to P'own

"Marrdro" wrote:
    The Jets forced the most fumbles last year in the league with 29 (Vikes had 22).

OUCH.

Based on Favre's past performance, he will make risky throws no matter what or he just wouldn't play the game anymore!
    Do you think he wants to come back to play a game management role in a run-dominated offense?
    Double OUCH.

Favre sucked it up on purpose in NY so he could finish up his career where he's always wanted to actually play. Minnesota.
    Disclaimer: I'm an idiot.

marstc09 is offline Jersey Retired

"C" wrote:
    "Marrdro" wrote:

OUCH.

Double OUCH.

Favre sucked it up on purpose in NY so he could finish up his career where he's always wanted to actually play. Minnesota.
    "In Minnesota, I finally feel like I am home." Favre

MetalMike-LoudVike is offline Hall of Famer

The media just loves doing that hoping on a bandwagon....geez it seems waaaay to easy for them to do that.
    with Favre (apparently) a contender, With out him the possiblilty of a 7-9 to another 10-6 season.
    more articles and opinions just kill time til Training camp starts.
    IN THE PITS ON THE RIVER BEDS EVRY VIKING FAN WILL RISE & VAHALLA SHALL REJOICE WITH THE MOST GLORIOUS PRIZE LOMBARDI'S TROPHY

NordicNed is offline Jersey Retired

"BleedinPandG" wrote:
    "Marrdro" wrote:

OUCH.

Double OUCH.

I think the lack of a running game in GB and NY forced more responsibility on Favre then he wanted and could handle.
    I personally don't believe he's going to enter that situation believing it will all change for him or because of him.
    I see a guy with passion for football, a desire to win, mental skills within the game of football to be a HOFer, physical skills that put him in the top half of the QBs in the league, and an understanding of what it takes to win.
    +1 P&G

I feel very much the same...

Favre has a passion for the game, that one doesn't see in every player these days.
    I think he will have one of his best season's ever this year.

I LOVE THE SMELL OF VICTORY IN THE MORNING AIR.

BleedinPandG is offline Coach

"NordicNed" wrote:
    +1 P&G

Favre has a passion for the game, that one doesn't see in every player these days.

I wouldn't go that far, at least not statistically... mostly cause we won't ask him to.
    I'd be very surprised if he has more then 3,500 yards passing, there's no reason to.
    If he's throwing more then 25 times a game we're failing to do what our offense is built to do, pound it down the D's throat with AD and CT.
    The only way I see Favre putting up great yardage numbers is if his yards per completion is off the chart high due to being able to throw deep into 1 on 1 coverage and massive yards after catch numbers by guys like Berrian and PH due to Favre being able to read, call, and complete quick slants when the D is set to go all out to shut down AD.

What I can see from Favre is a career high in Completion % and hopefully a career low in INTs.

Granted, this all could be null and mute if Bevell changes into a Bellicek style win by 50, don't stop cramming it down their throats coach versus a "lets 'just' win"...
    I honestly think the Vikes, with Favre, have the ability to put up Pats like O numbers this year if our O Line plays a little better.
    The true measure of a man is what he'd do knowing he'd never be found out.

NordicNed is offline Jersey Retired

"BleedinPandG" wrote:
    "NordicNed" wrote:
    +1 P&G

I wouldn't go that far, at least not statistically... mostly cause we won't ask him to.
    I'd be very surprised if he has more then 3,500 yards passing, there's no reason to.
    If he's throwing more then 25 times a game we're failing to do what our offense is built to do, pound it down the D's throat with AD and CT.
    The only way I see Favre putting up great yardage numbers is if his yards per completion is off the chart high due to being able to throw deep into 1 on 1 coverage and massive yards after catch numbers by guys like Berrian and PH due to Favre being able to read, call, and complete quick slants when the D is set to go all out to shut down AD.

What I can see from Favre is a career high in Completion % and hopefully a career low in INTs.

Granted, this all could be null and mute if Bevell changes into a Bellicek style win by 50, don't stop cramming it down their throats coach versus a "lets 'just' win"...
    I honestly think the Vikes, with Favre, have the ability to put up Pats like O numbers this year if our O Line plays a little better.
    Please don't get me wrong here P&G, when I say his best year ever, I"m not neccesarily talking or thinking about his personal states, but the Vikings W & L's as a whole team.
    I can see our team with Brett at QB, easily going 13-3, and a deep push into the playoffs.
    And wishing all that time while doing so, to get our shot at the Big One.

I agree, we are built to pound on D's and wear them down.
    I'm also amazed that our D isn't getting all that much attention lately, because I believe that is going to be the back bone of this team in the end.....Our D is going to be very very scary good this year. And my Papa always told me, Great D WINS GAMES!

I LOVE THE SMELL OF VICTORY IN THE MORNING AIR.

PurpleTide is offline Team Alumni

"BleedinPandG" wrote:
    "NordicNed" wrote:
    +1 P&G

Nice post BPn'G, I hope we see career high's in completion %, and career low int's, from Farve. Keep his attempts per game to <28, and play Viking smashmouth football. Grind their bones baby.

Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!

"BleedinPandG" wrote:
    "Marrdro" wrote:

OUCH.

Double OUCH.

Are you trying to say the LNAD we are getting has the same skill sets now as he did back in the day?

As to his passion.
    I am sure he does still want to play the game.
    Anyone who has played it at any level would give anything to strap it back on one more time.
    Problem is, at some point our passion out wants our body and we just can't do it anymore.....

I sure hope for all that is holy, this isn't the case.
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

marstc09 is offline Jersey Retired

"Marrdro" wrote:
    "BleedinPandG" wrote:
    "Marrdro" wrote:

OUCH.

Double OUCH.

Are you trying to say the LNAD we are getting has the same skill sets now as he did back in the day?

As to his passion.
    I am sure he does still want to play the game.
    Anyone who has played it at any level would give anything to strap it back on one more time.
    Problem is, at some point our passion out wants our body and we just can't do it anymore.....

I sure hope for all that is holy, this isn't the case.
    LMFAO. I bet Kurt Warner didn't have the same skill sets. Wasn't he in the Super Bowl last year? What about John Elway?
    :

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast