Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: A reality check

cc21 is offline Ring of Fame

Re: A reality check

i think coaches are given way to much credit. they can only do so much, call the right plays and show players when and how to do different techniques in things. But in the end it comes down to the player and how could he plays

snowinapril is offline Jersey Retired

"Del Rio" wrote:
    Good luck trying to convince everyone of that. I have been saying it since day one. Like everything there is a balance that is needed, it isn't just one aspect of the game that will push you over the top. There are so many things that need to fall into place for teams to be successful.

But you are 100% correct. It's a fact. Ask Dan Snyder
    Maybe Tice is Ying and he needs an offensive coordinator named Yang. That would be balance. He needs some coaches that can do there jobs at an A+ level at the off. and def. coordinator positions.

Last year was so chaotic, you didn't know how to grade any of them. Heck, you didn't know what they were doing and I don't think they knew what they were doing.

PurplePackerEater is offline Ring of Fame

"coreychavous21" wrote:
    i think coaches are given way to much credit. they can only do so much, call the right plays and show players when and how to do different techniques in things. But in the end it comes down to the player and how could he plays
    I agree, but, the coaches also do the drafting. If a kid looks uncoachable, don't draft him. Simple. But don't expect a new coach to come in and turn evreything around overnight.

"coreychavous21" wrote:
    It all starts at the top. You call the wrong play or you are not consistant, it is confusing. Have you ever worked with someone(a boss) that was not with it. It is tedious, you can just feel your temperature rising or yourself getting the jitters(edgey), from their lack of competence.

If the coach is implementing and teaching properly, then it provides a calmness and continuity. Then I believe players can play.

If he(they) does a crap job with game plan, play calling, clock management, that all trickles over and affects the players and there ability to play.

Reality is Tice MUST do a better job this year. That last 2 years have been a coaching failure as far as I am concerned.

If something happens once you are suppose to learn from it. If it happens again and you can't correct it, then you didn't learn from the first time. We blew 2 season in a row by melting down the stretch.

This may have been why we did such an over haul with face on the D. We had a group of players out their that if we put those players out there again, they would have no confidence. We went out and bought confidence in FA.

That is part of a learning process. It was a mistake to send them out last year but atleast we are making a change this year.

Never know, Red might be the worst link in the trickle down theory. Like I said it starts somewhere at the top.

I do agree with Del Rio, it might not be just Tice but the coaches to make a big difference.

Del Rio Guest

My stance is not against Tice it is against the whole coaching staff.

And I am not being critical of Tice himself or the job he has done. The original poster may be, but I'm not sure. I will say this though, it's a sport of X's and O's but what makes it tick is hearts, guts, and pride.

Coaches are the match head. They have a "Plan" a system. So when people say coaches really don't effect the team that much in regards to what they do they are in fact the ignition of the team. They present passion and excitement and the players get behind that. They accept it, they gel as a team. A coach is a mother he has to nurture his team.

I like some aspects of Tice and some I don't. I'm not on the sideline with him and I don't know him so it's hard to say. BUT the over all feel of this thread is our team has problems that are not being addressed:

1)Lack of Coaches
    2)Lack of quality coaches

So to me this thread says "Hey all you people that are pitching denim tents over all the new players better realize that there is more to the game then a 20million dollar a year bling wearing, benz driving, guy that is hanging on your wall"

And I simply agree with it.

Imagine Special Ed racing a Tricycle. Now buy him a Corvette. He has the potential to win on quality of his equipment alone. But he is still Handicaped :grin:

PurplePackerEater is offline Ring of Fame

"snowinapril" wrote:
    Reality is Tice MUST do a better job this year. That last 2 years have been a coaching failure as far as I am concerned.

If something happens once you are suppose to learn from it. If it happens again and you can't correct it, then you didn't learn from the first time. We blew 2 season in a row by melting down the stretch.
    I agree he must do a better job. I think he will. Not sure about "failure" though.

sabatajh is offline Rookie

"snowinapril" wrote:

Yeah I agree with that. This definatley the year where Tice will define his career as a head coach in the NFL. I dont think he's aweful just has some learning to do.

The one thing I will say, tice has improved his coaching both years. Last year you couldn't really blame mike cause there were alot of bad elements and we still made the divisional playoffs. This year is different he finally has the talent in key positions to make noise. If things dont improve this year he will be fired but i say dont count him out yet.

I mean when he took over he did say it was a 3 year project to get to the superbowl.....

Guess what tice its year 3.

"PurplePackerEater" wrote:
    "snowinapril" wrote:

I agree he must do a better job. I think he will. Not sure about "failure" though.
    He couldn't motivate the guys out of a slump. Last year, we backed into the playoffs. Once we got in we beat the pourous D of GB and then got embarrassed by Philly. No let me rephrase that. We embarrassed ourselves in Philly. We botched every aspect of that game and the Eagles had a lot of things going their way.

sabatajh is offline Rookie

"Imagine Special Ed racing a Tricycle. Now buy him a Corvette. He has the potential to win on quality of his equipment alone. But he is still Handicaped"

That is the best quote/ analogy i have ever heard lol

Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast