Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Reality Check.

Prophet is offline Jersey Retired

Re:Reality Check.

I guess the 375+ yrs of professional coaching experience did something right today.
    Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please. Mark Twain

CCthebest is offline Hall of Famer

Yep learned to let Farve do his thing.

Formo is offline Team Alumni

Who thinks that no matter how much the BRETT FAVREs have improved over the course of season to season can't take the hate glasses off long enough to realize that Chilly has done way more good than bad?

Who brought in Harvin/AP/Favre/Allen?
    Vegans are eating the rainforests. =(

CCthebest is offline Hall of Famer

Formo wrote:
    Who thinks that no matter how much the BRETT FAVREs have improved over the course of season to season can't take the hate glasses off long enough to realize that Chilly has done way more good than bad?

According to some here Childress doesnt have much to do with who we draft or bring in. Its a triangle thing. Just like the ton of bad players we've had since hes been here.
    Name someone who you think deveolped their talent from Childress? Just 1.

Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!

Formo wrote:
    Where's the Chilly haters? WTF?!

Oh. Wait.

That's right.. Shut your damn mouths, you tools.

First year: 6-10
    Second year: 8-8
    Third year: 10-6
    Fourth year: 12-4

Hmmm.. Oh yeah.. Who did he have running those offenses? Brad Johnson? Kelly Holcolme? T-Jack? Bollinger? Frerote?

The only starting QB he had running his offense was Favre. Every other QBs were either washed up (B-Johnson) or are/will be career back ups.
    Funny thing is, they won with those cats.

What sums it up for me is what the "Goose" said about the Chiller during the game.

In case you missed it, he basically said....."He is a damn good coach and the players love to play for him."

If his teams would play consistently, I would get off his case. Maybe these last 6 quarters are a sign of things to come.
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!

CCthebest wrote:
    Formo wrote:

According to some here Childress doesnt have much to do with who we draft or bring in. Its a triangle thing. Just like the ton of bad players we've had since hes been here.
    Does anyone really believe that a) the Chiller drafts players or b) the Chiller calls the offensive plays.
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

vikinggreg is offline Ring of Fame

Marrdro wrote:
    CCthebest wrote:
    Formo wrote:

Does anyone really believe that a) the Chiller drafts players or b) the Chiller calls the offensive plays.
    The Chiller can send in any play he wishes for the offense........and if Favre likes it there's a chance it will be used :silly:

Marrdro wrote:
    Formo wrote:

Oh. Wait.

Hmmm.. Oh yeah.. Who did he have running those offenses? Brad Johnson? Kelly Holcolme? T-Jack? Bollinger? Frerote?

The only starting QB he had running his offense was Favre. Every other QBs were either washed up (B-Johnson) or are/will be career back ups.

What sums it up for me is what the "Goose" said about the Chiller during the game.

In case you missed it, he basically said....."He is a damn good coach and the players love to play for him."

If his teams would play consistently, I would get off his case. Maybe these last 6 quarters are a sign of things to come.
    Goose sums it up for me.. Yes, he frustrates me. Just like I'm sure Belechick does for most Pats fans, or any other stud coach does for fans of the team he coaches.

Now that I'm thinking about it.. Name me ONE coach who's team plays with consistency. ONE. Every team, no matter who they are, have off games (even the 2007 Pats). I'd say Chilly had his team pretty consistent the majority of this year.

But the knee-jerk reaction a lot of fans have is sickening.

Marrdro wrote:
    CCthebest wrote:
    Formo wrote:

I think Chilly has a tiny bit of say in what type of plays are being called.. But I'd put more of that on Bevell and even Favre (considering he checks in/out of plays a lot in Chilly's KAO).

BTW, people tend to forget that both Allen and Harvin had issues with character. Both were HUGE risks. Guess who made road trips and investigated both players' families? Take a guess..

Chilly did.

And if I remember correctly, it is a triangle of 'power'.. With Chilly being one third of it. I'd say he has probably 33% say in who comes onto the team. Including AP.

Oh, wait.. Who called Favre after the first week of preseason? Who gave him the one last chance at NFL glory?

Chilly.

ultravikingfan is offline Administrator

Formo wrote:
    Marrdro wrote:
    Formo wrote:

Oh. Wait.

Goose sums it up for me.. Yes, he frustrates me. Just like I'm sure Belechick does for most Pats fans, or any other stud coach does for fans of the team he coaches.

Now that I'm thinking about it.. Name me ONE coach who's team plays with consistency. ONE. Every team, no matter who they are, have off games (even the 2007 Pats). I'd say Chilly had his team pretty consistent the majority of this year.

But the knee-jerk reaction a lot of fans have is sickening.
    Good stuff Formo!!!

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast