Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    happy camper is offline Team Alumni

Re: The real reason behind Moss' trade

its a well written story. written well enough to fool a few people.

a few things seem likely to be true.

although, one contradiction seems to be where he said daunte didnt want randy gone.. but it seemed that daunte did.

who knows.. i doubt we'll ever know.
    "There is good and there is evil. And evil must be punished. Even in the face of Armageddon I will not compromise."

michaelmazid is offline Team Alumni

[size=18px]I have said time and time again that Randy didn't want to be traded. Thats why I am always down on the people on this board that dog moss. Yes, randy had a bad attitude. Yes, Randy was selfish and Yes randy turned his back on his team when he walked off the field but It wasnt like he put the vikings in a jam the same that TO did the niners or as he is doing to the eagles now.
    Eventhough this story is most likely not true, I truely belive that Daunte and Tice wanted randy around. Why would daunte would wanna get rid of guy who catches everything he throws in the air.
    [/size]

PurplePackerEater is offline Ring of Fame

"Kleinsasser40" wrote:
    I hate red. Even though i am ok with the trade, Moss was right, he is a cheap bastard and he needs to spend more to win a title. Maybe this little conversation gives light on why Red is all of a sudden spending money, to kinda say "look what I am going to do without you."

Moss is still the #1 reciever in my mind. I had some anguish towards him after the trade, but after hearing this story, i redirect all of that at Red and I hope Randy does well at his new home. I just hope he doesn't have any anger towards us, the fans. I still like him, I just hope he doesn't put a target on our heads like he did to the Cowboys.
    This is the way I'd of wrote it if I didn't get so wound-up. Nice post Kleinsasser40. Remember though, Red's spending Fowler's *non-refundable* money on FAs.

fred3105 is offline Coordinator

If Moss did want to go so bad why didnt he do what TO did when traded to Baltimore. Moss could of just been like I refuse to play it would be stupid to trade for me im not going to help you so on. He knew Red was going to sell and they would probably start spending money with a new owner. So if he would of refused to move he could of attempted to stay here and start over with a new owner.
    http://homepage.mac.com/vijayr/PSU/MM05PSU2.mov (Mario Manningham)

snowinapril is offline Jersey Retired

I don't believe the story and I don't think it should be told again. The truth will come out eventually.

McCombs will talk if he did something like that. It will come out.

Moss is gone! Why do we have to know why. I personally don't want to know anymore. It won't change anything for me.

I still like Moss as a player and I still don't trust Red. Those are the things that I know to be true. The rest just doesn't matter.

Let's have a good season.

PurpleElf Guest

Well whatever the reason for him being traded, it's still one of the worst trades of all time. Even if Troy and Napo have great careers with us, you dont trade the most dangerous weapon the league has ever seen.

JUST PLAIN RETARDED!!!
    Red screws Vikings fans one more time on his way outta town.

God I hate that ( insert as many explitives as you feel necessary )!

vikingTurf Guest

moss is gone....vikes are better....and pretty soon red will be gone too........vikes win superbowl!.....and i still don't forgive RED

Del Rio Guest

This is just an attempt by some die hard Moss fan to help Moss save some face and reputation.

It is too easy to blame it on Red, this is a crock of shit imo.

"Oh yeah, well I heard from someone that Moss went in on a White horse and dragged ol red out of his cave and beat him up, luckily there was a scale loose on his belly so Moss could down him"

If this is true it would show a form of loyalty I have never seen from Moss. He was right when he was bitching a few years back that he would never win a thing in Minnesota. Because he plays for the Raiders. IMO that's like trading in heaven and shooting for hell.

dopenose420 is offline Rookie

"Vikes2611" wrote:
    BUT, if this stuff really happened, Moss would have told the media, this is Moss we're talking about guys.
    nah there could have been some NDA signed that didn't allow moss to speak about the trade.
    [b:4b97d41fa6]Hey Green Bay...[/b:4b97d41fa6]
    [img:4b97d41fa6]http://webpages.charter.net/jferrell/w.gif[/img:4b97d41fa6]

VikingMike is offline Jersey Retired

"Vikes2611" wrote:
    "ajefx" wrote:
    that would explain why Oakland didn't use vaseline after bending us over in the Moss trade.
    LOL! If other teams knew we were definately trading Moss, no wonder we didn't get closer to equal. BUT, if this stuff really happened, Moss would have told the media, this is Moss we're talking about guys.
    Absolutely, Moss wouldn't sit on this juicy story!
    Any man who afflicts the human race with ideas must be prepared to see them misunderstood. - H.L. Mencken

Come from the land of the ice and snow...

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast