Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    magicci is offline Jersey Retired

Re: The real reason behind Moss' trade

i believe it i believe mccombs blew up does n e one remember our first loss in 2003 remember what happened after the game in the locker room?

LunchBox is offline Rookie

I still can't believe we traded Moss. Luckily, our great, great offseason has made me feel much better, but still. This is the kind of trade you can regret for 20 years. Our team is gonna be awesome next year, but I would gladly trade Williamson and Harris for Moss. Anyone who wouldn't is crazy.

Ltrey33 is offline Jersey Retired

I can believe that. I wouldn't doubt that Moss and McCombs wouldn't necessarily agree over the direction of the team, and with someone who believes in his ability and wants to win as bad as Moss does, it's not hard to believe he'd call his boss a cheap bastard either. I can agree with him on that one. But no matter the reason, what's done is done, and I think it's helped our football team. I think had McCombs spent some more of that money WHILE Moss was here, the Vikes would have had a better shot at winning the Super Bowl, but with Moss gone we've been able to spend even more than we would have and we now have a legitimate shot at winning it all again. So I think it's worked out for Vikes fans, even though we'll all miss Moss' playmaking ability, we'll be a better team in the end.

cc21 is offline Ring of Fame

"LunchBox" wrote:
    I still can't believe we traded Moss. Luckily, our great, great offseason has made me feel much better, but still. This is the kind of trade you can regret for 20 years. Our team is gonna be awesome next year, but I would gladly trade Williamson and Harris for Moss. Anyone who wouldn't is crazy.
    I agree with you 100%

LuckyVike is offline Team Alumni

"ajefx" wrote:
    that would explain why Oakland didn't use vaseline after bending us over in the Moss trade.
    LOL! If other teams knew we were definately trading Moss, no wonder we didn't get closer to equal. BUT, if this stuff really happened, Moss would have told the media, this is Moss we're talking about guys.
    The best part of my day is when I get down on my knees, with my head in my hands, and thank GOD for everything he has given me.

PurplePackerEater is offline Ring of Fame

"MossTheFreak" wrote:
    wow this like makes me wanna cry lol...i sware to god i will kill mccombds...whos with me??!!!!
    I don't know about kill, but I'd like to run his azz out of town. I refuse to buy anything Viking until he sells the team. I'm done giving him my money.

Its hard to say if i do believe that, but red is spending the money now. It could have been people didn't want to come to mn because of moss. We will never know, time to look to the future now, this is all done cant do anything anymore.
    All I have to say is good-luck moss in oakland, good luck mccombs doing whatever after he sells the team and hello to the new stadium in 2010(my fingers are still crossed on that one)
    You republican whore!

"slinkey" wrote:
    man, you are one ignorant silly guy to believe that story!
    Ignorant? Wake up and smell the BS Red is selling.

Think about it. Moss spoke out about the D and within a couple weeks he's traded.

And last night on "9" Red was interviewed and said personally Randy did not want to leave and considered (threatened) Retirement!

Now, to "prove" Randy is "wrong", Red goes out and buys a D with Fowler's money.

Red IS a smart business man - but I WON'T buy what he's selling. I can see right through him.

"Even though I will miss randy, I think overall it is good we got rid of him. We became WAY to dependant on one mans skills. And if that one man gets hurt, look what happens." -twolvesfan8377

This is a quote from the other sites post. This is the thinking I could argue all day. Everyone depends on Randy and blames him if he gets hurt or double teamed and can't score. IT IS REDS FAULT. HE DEPENDS ON ONE MANS SKILL TO WIN, WITH A ROSTER OF FIFTY-THREE PEOPLE! 53, not 11, not 22, - "1"

Everyone talks about the "team", that doesn't sound like a team to me. I saw Randy for what he was, and he did it better than ANYONE.

Kleinsasser40 is offline Coordinator

I hate red. Even though i am ok with the trade, Moss was right, he is a cheap bastard and he needs to spend more to win a title. Maybe this little conversation gives light on why Red is all of a sudden spending money, to kinda say "look what I am going to do without you."

Moss is still the #1 reciever in my mind. I had some anguish towards him after the trade, but after hearing this story, i redirect all of that at Red and I hope Randy does well at his new home. I just hope he doesn't have any anger towards us, the fans. I still like him, I just hope he doesn't put a target on our heads like he did to the Cowboys.
    [img:2264cdc124]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v482/ultravikingfan/vikesklein.jpg[/img:2264cdc124]

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast