Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast
    WootBandit is offline Training Camp

The real reason behind Moss' trade

taken from kfan who took it from espn

http://forums.espn.go.com/espn/thread?forumID=365&threadID=1687478&lastPostID=922 3345

I kinda wanna believe in it.

Pbvikingsfan Guest

Re: The real reason behind Moss' trade

that makes some sense to me...and kinda makes me regret moss getting traded....but i guess what happened happened...and we cant take it back

ajefx is offline Rookie

that would explain why Oakland didn't use vaseline after bending us over in the Moss trade.
    <<Hates Ted Cottrell with a passion

RandyMoss8404 is offline Hall of Famer

So I'm at the draft party chatting with a guy who sits in my section at the Metrodome. You all know him as the guy Moss jumped to in the stands after scoring a touchdown (remember the infamous "big old arms" comment by Madden). His name is Sid and I've chatted with him dozens of times at the games/tailgating/etc.

Anyway, after Moss is traded, he got a phone call from the Vikes saying that Moss' agent wanted to talk to him and gave him the agent's phone number. Sid calls up his agent and DiTrapano (spelling?) tells him that Moss wants to talk to him. So he gets Sid's number and Moss calls Sid. Anyway, Moss wanted some of the real Vikings fans to know what really went down, so he called Sid knowing that he would tell all the good folks in section 100 what went down.

Moss told him that in mid-February, Moss met with McCombs. McCombs starts railing on how the Vikes performed at the end of the last couple seasons and rips on Moss and Daunte. This goes on for awhile and finally Moss stands up and starts yelling at McCombs -- called him a "cheap bastard" for having $30 million in salary cap space and using so little of it to improve the team. Moss told McCombs that if he wanted to win nearly as bad as Moss and Daunte that he'd go out and try to improve the team instead of just crossing his fingers that the offense can score 40 points a game. After the cheap bastard comment, Moss just walked out.

About a week after the meeting, Moss' agent finds out that the Vikes have actively begun to shop him around to other teams and within a couple days the Vikes agreed with Oakland. McCombs didn't contact Moss after the fateful meeting and began making calls to other owners on his own without going through the front office.

That would explain why just a week before he was traded, the front office and Fowler all said Moss would not be traded.

Moss said that Tice, Daunte, Bryzenski, etc. all disclosed their displeasure with the deal to him, but that their hands were tied because McCombs made the call and couldn't be talked out of it.

Anyway, thought you guys would want to know what I heard. Take it for what it is worth, but I trust the guy. He's met Moss a bunch of times and is a good guy.

Makes me even more pissed that we don't have him on our team still. At least in my mind, it is just one more shitty thing McCombs pulled on this team. He's leaving quite a legacy.

--------------------------------------

I know this to be true. It doesn't make Moss 'walking off the field' or anything like that right, but I believe this to be true. And it's a shame.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kWgAayphx7Y
    "He s done it! Portugal is through!"

ultravikingfan is offline Administrator

Who's their source? :scratch:

Mr. Purple is offline Ring of Fame

wow this like makes me wanna cry lol...i sware to god i will kill mccombds...whos with me??!!!!

Theres NOTHING greater then a Florida Gator!
    "I promise everyone this. When Childress is let go in two years I can honestly say this.
    "I am not surprised"."-PurplePackerEater

slinkey is offline Pro-Bowler

man, you are one ignorant moron to believe that story!

Mr. Purple is offline Ring of Fame

this like really honestly pisses me off alot....if its true that is....mccombs is sucha ugly old bastard who is over due for death sorry but im mad!

Theres NOTHING greater then a Florida Gator!
    "I promise everyone this. When Childress is let go in two years I can honestly say this.
    "I am not surprised"."-PurplePackerEater

cc21 is offline Ring of Fame

wow, if that is why we traded him that is just stupid. I think it was stupid to trade him period.

man i pray that isnt true
    Son, when you participate in sporting events it s not whether you win or lose, it s how drunk you get. -Homer J. Simpson

It s not just about me and my dream of doing nothing; it s about all of us...together!-Peter Gibbons

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast