Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 64
  1. #1
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Posts
    88

    The real question for next season....

    We have been debating who gets the start at QB.
    However to me the biggest question, and someone who can do a poll might want to do this to make it a little better, if the team doesnt peform to its potential who is the coach?

    There so many options, and I think that this off-season really puts Childress in the light as far as a do or die season.

    So my question...if the Vikings go 8-8 who should be the coach next year?

    Right now your main options include:

    Staying with Childress
    Lezlie Frazier
    Mike Shanahan
    Bill Cowher (my vote)
    Mike Holmgren
    Jon Gruden

    And Im sure there are some that arent on the list that would be available.

  2. #2
    i_bleed_purple's Avatar
    i_bleed_purple is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Canadialand
    Posts
    16,777
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: The real question for next season....

    I want Shanahan, but unfortunately, it will probably be Fraizer.


    Personally,
    I think an awesome combo would be Holmgren as HC, Marriucci as OC and someone else as DC

    Or, sub in Mike Martz for Marriucci.
    I think he could make the greatest show on turf work here, he turned Warner and Bulger into superstars(both of whom did very little since leaving Martz, until Warner went to the Fitzgerald and Boldin Cardinals)

  3. #3
    Marrdro's Avatar
    Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    43,928

    Re: The real question for next season....

    When you start a new topic, just start a new poll and then fill in the blanks.

    As to the new HC.
    I really think it all depends on the stadium effort.
    If the ownership group feels that there is not hope in getting a deal done, they will stay with the Chiller as they seem to like consistency at the top.

    If they believe they can get a deal done but it would take sacking his ass, I would like to see two changes....

    a.
    We get a real GM.
    My choice would be a EXPUKER (Holmgren).
    b.
    We get a HC that likes both the WCO and Cover 2.
    (Chucky).

    Both have worked with each other and both have SB credentials.
    If that isn't enough to get votes on a stadium then I say flop the MN voters.
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

  4. #4
    i_bleed_purple's Avatar
    i_bleed_purple is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Canadialand
    Posts
    16,777
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: The real question for next season....

    "Marrdro" wrote:
    When you start a new topic, just start a new poll and then fill in the blanks.

    As to the new HC.
    I really think it all depends on the stadium effort.
    If the ownership group feels that there is not hope in getting a deal done, they will stay with the Chiller as they seem to like consistency at the top.

    If they believe they can get a deal done but it would take sacking his ass, I would like to see two changes....

    a.
    We get a real GM.
    My choice would be a EXPUKER
    now I'm officially scared
    b.
    We get a HC that likes both the WCO and Cover 2.
    (Chucky).
    Please god no.
    Get a WCO coordinator and a cover 2 coordinator, but not chucky.
    He successfully took Dungy's superbowl calibre team and blew it to pieces.
    not to mention their QB situation has been as big of a joke as ours has.
    (almost)


  5. #5
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Posts
    88

    Re: The real question for next season....

    I also forgot that Dungy is on the list of available coaches.

    I like Gruden as well....and he would probably take an HC job for a lot less money then Shanahan, Cowher, or Dungy.
    My only problem with Gruden is that it doesnt look as though he has the greatest luck with finding the right QB, which is why I want Chilly out.

  6. #6
    Marrdro's Avatar
    Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    43,928

    Re: The real question for next season....

    "i_bleed_purple" wrote:
    "Marrdro" wrote:
    When you start a new topic, just start a new poll and then fill in the blanks.

    As to the new HC.
    I really think it all depends on the stadium effort.
    If the ownership group feels that there is not hope in getting a deal done, they will stay with the Chiller as they seem to like consistency at the top.

    If they believe they can get a deal done but it would take sacking his jiggly butt, I would like to see two changes....

    a.
    We get a real GM.
    My choice would be a EXPUKER
    now I'm officially scared
    b.
    We get a HC that likes both the WCO and Cover 2.
    (Chucky).
    Please god no.
    Get a WCO coordinator and a cover 2 coordinator, but not chucky.

    He successfully took Dungy's superbowl calibre team and blew it to pieces.
    not to mention their QB situation has been as big of a joke as ours has.
    (almost)

    LOL, in case you haven't noticed, the whole league has issues with the QB position.
    Not sure why that escapes almost everyone on this site.
    :-*
    :-*
    :-*
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

  7. #7
    triedandtruevikesfan is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    5,607

    Re: The real question for next season....

    I bet that we keep Chilly.
    We're never going to get rid of him

  8. #8
    i_bleed_purple's Avatar
    i_bleed_purple is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Canadialand
    Posts
    16,777
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: The real question for next season....

    "Marrdro" wrote:
    "i_bleed_purple" wrote:
    "Marrdro" wrote:
    When you start a new topic, just start a new poll and then fill in the blanks.

    As to the new HC.
    I really think it all depends on the stadium effort.
    If the ownership group feels that there is not hope in getting a deal done, they will stay with the Chiller as they seem to like consistency at the top.

    If they believe they can get a deal done but it would take sacking his jiggly butt, I would like to see two changes....

    a.
    We get a real GM.
    My choice would be a EXPUKER
    now I'm officially scared
    b.
    We get a HC that likes both the WCO and Cover 2.
    (Chucky).
    Please god no.
    Get a WCO coordinator and a cover 2 coordinator, but not chucky.

    He successfully took Dungy's superbowl calibre team and blew it to pieces.
    not to mention their QB situation has been as big of a joke as ours has.
    (almost)

    LOL, in case you haven't noticed, the whole league has issues with the QB position.
    Not sure why that escapes almost everyone on this site.

    :-*
    :-*
    :-*
    Bills: Trent Edwards > our situation
    Dolphins: Pennington, nothimg more to be said
    Pats.... yup
    Jets: bigger problem
    Ravens: Looking good with Flacco
    Steelers: No problems here
    Browns; Their problem is having two decent options.. wish we had that problem
    Bengals; a healthy Palmer is a good QB
    Texans; Issue
    Colts: manning.. wish we had him
    Jags: Garrard > TJ
    Titans: almost-issue
    Denver: Issue
    Oakland; Issue, but has Garcia as a backup, which is better than what we have
    KC:Issue
    SD: good to go
    Cowboys: decent shape
    Giants: works for them
    Eagles: McNabb is still a
    top QB
    Redskins: Campbell is playing better than TJ, but Issue
    Bears: Cutler is a vast improvement
    Lions: Issue
    Packers: Looking fine for now
    Falcons: I'dlove to have Ryan
    Panthers: Issue
    Saints: Ha... i'd say they're set
    Bucs: Issues
    Seahawks Issues
    Cards: no issues
    9ers Issues
    Rams: issues that are far beyond just QB

    I count 13 teams with clear issues, many of which are still better shape QB wise than us.
    I'd saythat is cause for at least slight concern.

  9. #9
    Marrdro's Avatar
    Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    43,928

    Re: The real question for next season....

    "purple_glory_dreamer" wrote:
    I also forgot that Dungy is on the list of available coaches.

    I like Gruden as well....and he would probably take an HC job for a lot less money then Shanahan, Cowher, or Dungy.
    My only problem with Gruden is that it doesnt look as though he has the greatest luck with finding the right QB, which is why I want Chilly out.
    Again, all the NFL teams are shopping in the same supermarket when it comes to players.

    Just so happens the cupboard is a bit bare in the isle that normally has QBs in it.
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

  10. #10
    marstc09's Avatar
    marstc09 is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Location
    Phoenix, Arizona
    Posts
    23,179

    Re: The real question for next season....

    The real question is what QB will be brought in.

Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Training Camp Question - Season Ticket Owner Day
    By bhamchad in forum Vikings Fan Forum
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 07-26-2010, 12:53 PM
  2. The REAL REAL reason...
    By cajunvike in forum The Clubhouse
    Replies: 25
    Last Post: 12-06-2006, 07:25 PM
  3. A real friend, a real American.
    By marcosMN in forum The Clubhouse
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 12-04-2006, 06:41 PM
  4. a real question
    By vegasvike in forum Vikings Fan Forum
    Replies: 34
    Last Post: 04-25-2005, 12:47 AM
  5. A real poll question...
    By sdvikefan in forum Vikings Fan Forum
    Replies: 38
    Last Post: 06-20-2004, 04:48 PM

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •