Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
    Zeus is offline Jersey Retired

Re: the REAL problem

"alliwantisawin" wrote:
    well...who else is stepping up defensively for the vikes??
    Every time he steps on the field, Antoine Winfield is the Vikings best player.
    Last night's game he was EVERYWHERE.

=Z=

Thanks to Josdin for the awesome sig!

whiteboy is offline Pro-Bowler

"ultravikingfan" wrote:
    "Tom2Bucs" wrote:
    I actually agree with everything you said, except that Chester is no way overated! But lets all just stop sugercoating and just face the facts that this is one of the worst Vikings teams in the past 10 years. Yeah they can stop the run-SO WHAT!! They sure as hell cant stop being penalized! These guys have a lot to do in the off-season, PLEASE
    bring in an offensive co-ordinador that knows what he is doing. But on a positive note... I like what I see of TJ i cant wait to see what he can do with some weapons around him.
    Why does a QB need weopons?
    A good QB can make WR's look good.
    Like McNabb does.
    I agree with ya Ultra, but we do need receivers who can get separation and actually catch the ball.
    Troy Williamson needs to be let go, I have never seen a more over-hyped receiver before.
    He really knows how choke on big plays.
    He's the opposing defenses 12th man, talk about a real piece of doo doo.....
    He could screw up a wet dream....
    Alright, I'm done and off of my soap box.

singersp is offline PPO Newshound

"AWZeus" wrote:
    "alliwantisawin" wrote:

=Z=
    Except to break up that pass on the Packers last drive.

"If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

Zeus is offline Jersey Retired

"singersp" wrote:
    "AWZeus" wrote:
    "alliwantisawin" wrote:

=Z=
    Except to break up that pass on the Packers last drive.
    The Vikings go all-out blitz - Favre tricks them into revealing it, checks down to a receiver and tosses a great pass.
    Winfield immediately makes the tackle with no YAC allowed.
    I don't really see what else he could have done!

=Z=

Thanks to Josdin for the awesome sig!

rodidle is offline Waterboy

I agree with most of what you said.
    I think C Taylor is a good quality running back.
    It's hard to overrate a guy who probably before this year was never on anyone's radar screen.
    I think he is a 1000 yard guy for the next 5 years or so.

I think we need to drop the west coast garbage. That was unique in the 80's when it was introduced by the 9ers but now it is not going to keep up with teams who aren't afraid to go down field.

We don't have a QB who is going to take us there.
    I like TJack, but I don't beleive he is the guy.
    There is a reason why he attended a small, little known, school.

I have been rooting for this team since the early 70's (yes, I'm old).
    This team has continually frustrated loyal fans, made stupid decisions (Walker, Moss, Culpepper) to name a few.

Truthfully, I didn't expect them to do a whole lot this year, but I definitely didn't expect them to have a WORSE record than last year.
    WE ARE GOING THE WRONG WAY!!!!
    IT IS TIME TO WAKE UP.
    Give Childress one more year, one more draft, and find a QB.
    This is the Big Leagues.
    Not Alabama State.

101 total yards... give me a break.
    We could bring back Gary Cuozzo and have Les Steckel coach, and have more 101 yards.
    This team is embarrassing.

odogtriever is offline Waterboy

OK, Some of you have a lot of good opinions. But I here over and over again is that we need an upgrade at corner. Let me tell you all this, if you continue to give receivers more than five or six seconds to get open, one will get open every time. Now if the quarterback is running for his life after six seconds, he most likely will not find the open reciever.

What this defence lacks is a stud end like a Jason Taylor. Time will tell if E James is the answer next year. But clearly Udeze is not. Fifteen games and 0 sacks. Spencer Johnson has five, give me a break. I don't want to here one more person cry about our corners.

One last thing. Brad Childress is the oposing teams DC best friend. So predictable I want to just puke after every game. Fire him now! Don't even give him our last game.

Mr Anderson is offline Jersey Retired

"ultravikingfan" wrote:
    "Mr" wrote:
    "ultravikingfan" wrote:
    "Tom2Bucs" wrote:
    I actually agree with everything you said, except that Chester is no way overated! But lets all just stop sugercoating and just face the facts that this is one of the worst Vikings teams in the past 10 years. Yeah they can stop the run-SO WHAT!! They sure as hell cant stop being penalized! These guys have a lot to do in the off-season, PLEASE
    bring in an offensive co-ordinador that knows what he is doing. But on a positive note... I like what I see of TJ i cant wait to see what he can do with some weapons around him.
    Why does a QB need weopons?
    A good QB can make WR's look good.
    Like McNabb does.
    Let's be reasonable here Ultra. No matter how good a QB is he can't make the receivers get open, or catch the ball. He can fit it into tight spots making them look more open than they are, but in reality its on the receiver to get separation and CATCH the ball.

McNabb and company looked absolutely terrible last season. TO ended up with their best receiving stats and we all know how much he played.

Draft a stud WR.

Get Starks/Davis to play RT in the off season

Also get a decent corner(don't overspend again) in FA

Move Marcus Johnson to RG where he was drafted to play,

Forget the zone defense, we clearly can't stop the pass with it and I really think we'd
    benefit from man coverage schemes,

Hire an offensive coordinator since childress is obviously Challenged Hillbilly Lover'd,

And consider moving away from zone blocking if the line can't get it right in 15 weeks why would they get it next year.
    Ok fair.

But weopons usually means top notch guys like Moss and TO.
    We do not need those guys to be better.
    Especially with the run threat we have now/
    A TO or a Randy Moss is not what I was suggesting, even though I am more than willing to take Moss back. We just need anyone who can get separation and catch the ball it's getting ridiculous to watch our receivers literally do nothing week in and week out. We have absolutely no choice but to draft a WR in the first round, if we don't I truly have no hope for this offense again next year.
    We could do the steeler thing and pound up the middle and throw off of play action to our untalented WRs, but that doesn't even work.

I place the blame on:
    WRs
    Playcalling
    OL

3 things that should be easily upgradable,pick up a top WR in the draft, hire an offensive coordinator, hire an offensive line coach, and bring in a stud offensive tackle in the offseason.

As for the defense, drop the zone coverage we need the man schemes or else we'll keep getting picked apart. Getting Erasmus James back will be a tremendous addition as well, we're definitely in need of some pass rush off the ends.

And last but not least, Childress needs to follow up on his disciplinarian image, I've said this before but I'll say it again; I don't care how disciplined of a team we are on the field if we are the most penalized team in the NFL on the field.

We will never win a game if we continue to shoot ourselves in the foot every week.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234