Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Tom2Bucs is offline Rookie

Re: the REAL problem

Yeah that was an awsome TD - Anyway, I agree that we need 1-2 defensive players to be a great overall defense (PS Dwight Freeny is a FA this offseason). But we need to strictly get offense this year- I've heard rumors we're going after Larry Fitz erald? Also we have a shot at Calvin Johnson in the draft.

alliwantisawin is offline Waterboy

i heard about the larry fitzgerald thing, but we definetly need a few defense to fill that gap in the pass defense. and a WR might be nice, if we can't work Williamson into a better player. but that QB spot is a big question...i'm sure we'll have to see T-Jack against St. Louis. but will Childress keep him as starting next year or bring someone else in? injured Bollinger doesn't seem to be our man no matter what happens...

Ltrey33 is offline Jersey Retired

"alliwantisawin" wrote:
    i heard about the larry fitzgerald thing, but we definetly need a few defense to fill that gap in the pass defense. and a WR might be nice, if we can't work Williamson into a better player. but that QB spot is a big question...i'm sure we'll have to see T-Jack against St. Louis. but will Childress keep him as starting next year or bring someone else in? injured Bollinger doesn't seem to be our man no matter what happens...
    TJ is the future. He'll be our quarterback when the season opens next year I think.

Mr Anderson is offline Jersey Retired

"ultravikingfan" wrote:
    "Tom2Bucs" wrote:
    I actually agree with everything you said, except that Chester is no way overated! But lets all just stop sugercoating and just face the facts that this is one of the worst Vikings teams in the past 10 years. Yeah they can stop the run-SO WHAT!! They sure as hell cant stop being penalized! These guys have a lot to do in the off-season, PLEASE
    bring in an offensive co-ordinador that knows what he is doing. But on a positive note... I like what I see of TJ i cant wait to see what he can do with some weapons around him.
    Why does a QB need weopons?
    A good QB can make WR's look good.
    Like McNabb does.
    Let's be reasonable here Ultra. No matter how good a QB is he can't make the receivers get open, or catch the ball. He can fit it into tight spots making them look more open than they are, but in reality its on the receiver to get separation and CATCH the ball.

McNabb and company looked absolutely terrible last season. TO ended up with their best receiving stats and we all know how much he played.

Draft a stud WR.

Get Starks/Davis to play RT in the off season

Also get a decent corner(don't overspend again) in FA

Move Marcus Johnson to RG where he was drafted to play,

Forget the zone defense, we clearly can't stop the pass with it and I really think we'd
    benefit from man coverage schemes,

Hire an offensive coordinator since childress is obviously retarded,

And consider moving away from zone blocking if the line can't get it right in 15 weeks why would they get it next year.

Potus2028 is offline Hall of Famer

Forget the zone defense, we clearly can't stop the pass with it and I really think we'd
    YES YES YES

i thought i was the only one that saw that.. that's the only problem i have with Tomlin.. the holes in the zone right in the middle.. UGH it's horrible.. drop the zone
    i m better than you, so just give up...

I heard about the Larry Fitzgerald thing....but my question was, how the hell would we get him???
    I would be hug3ly pumped if we did, but its gonna be hard!!

Prophet is offline Jersey Retired

"Potus2028" wrote:
    YES YES YES

i thought i was the only one that saw that.. that's the only problem i have with Tomlin.. the holes in the zone right in the middle.. UGH it's horrible.. drop the zone
    lmao, most everyone has been talking about that since the beginning of the season.
    a problem indeed.
    Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please. Mark Twain

ultravikingfan is offline Administrator

"Mr" wrote:
    "ultravikingfan" wrote:
    "Tom2Bucs" wrote:
    I actually agree with everything you said, except that Chester is no way overated! But lets all just stop sugercoating and just face the facts that this is one of the worst Vikings teams in the past 10 years. Yeah they can stop the run-SO WHAT!! They sure as hell cant stop being penalized! These guys have a lot to do in the off-season, PLEASE
    bring in an offensive co-ordinador that knows what he is doing. But on a positive note... I like what I see of TJ i cant wait to see what he can do with some weapons around him.
    Why does a QB need weopons?
    A good QB can make WR's look good.
    Like McNabb does.
    Let's be reasonable here Ultra. No matter how good a QB is he can't make the receivers get open, or catch the ball. He can fit it into tight spots making them look more open than they are, but in reality its on the receiver to get separation and CATCH the ball.

McNabb and company looked absolutely terrible last season. TO ended up with their best receiving stats and we all know how much he played.

Draft a stud WR.

Get Starks/Davis to play RT in the off season

Also get a decent corner(don't overspend again) in FA

Move Marcus Johnson to RG where he was drafted to play,

Hire an offensive coordinator since childress is obviously Challenged Hillbilly Lover'd,

And consider moving away from zone blocking if the line can't get it right in 15 weeks why would they get it next year.
    Ok fair.

But weopons usually means top notch guys like Moss and TO.
    We do not need those guys to be better.
    Especially with the run threat we have now/

ultravikingfan is offline Administrator

"Potus2028" wrote:
    YES YES YES

It may.

It also takes away some of your run support as well.
    But an even keel defense would be good.

petrodemos is offline Asst. Coach

why does childress insist on calling the plays when hes hired idk, twice as many sub coaches that the vikings have seen here in years?

its why reid took over play calling in philly...theres something not right. almost like coach klein of waterboy, maybe reid stole his blue book of plays.

.....this season sucks.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast