Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    alliwantisawin is offline Waterboy

the REAL problem

i've been following the vikings football team very well this past year. everything else except the defense killing the run overall would make a junior pee wee team look good, you think...what should they do?

let's face it, Brad Johnson is burnt-out, washed up, and done.
    I read Sid Hartman's December 21st article in the sports section of the Minneapolis Star Tribune in digust.
    The fans have every right to 'boo' Johnson off the field.
    For a 38 year old veteran, former super bowl champ, to be making little to no red zone passes for TD completions, throwing many interceptions much of the time with no receiver anywhere in sight, costly fumbles, and cannot seem to throw accurately or even far down field, it leaves fans (like myself) with little hope left in him.
    but is Tarvaris Jackson the answer? and if so, is he ready?

Sid Hartman, in his article, widely blames the offensive line for under supporting and lack of quality receivers to throw to.
    True, Troy Williamson, the man we got somewhat through the Randy Moss trade, seems to apply grease on his hands before each and every game.
    Supposedly our premiere wide receiver, he's playing without a TD yet this season.
    I don't know if trading him is the answer there, but it seems like he needs major work.

Chester Taylor is overrated.
    He has gotten many running yards this season, but through how many carries? and how consistently???
    and with those costly fourth quarter fumbles game after game in the middle of the season causing the Vikings to lose the game.
    I'd say go with that Pinner guy.
    He played exceptionally well when he came out and played against the Cardinals with 100+ yards and two TD's.
    Why didn't Childress use him all season long????

The defensive line, with Pat and Kevin Williams leading, is probably one of the only things this Vikings team needs to hold onto.
    They are brutal against the run and have allowed 55 yards per game, the most since the 1942 Bears.
    Keep that up at all costs for this game against the Packers and against St. Louis.
    But against the pass, it's like watching a bunch of guys who are colorblind and don't know who to cover or where the ball is. If the Vikings aren't the worst team against the pass in the league statistically, then consider themselves the worst televised.

and last but not least, Brad Childress.
    Let's keep him for another season, but for God sakes, when there are problems with your team whatever area it may be, you better do something to fix it.
    Time and time again, he would announce no changes and only now has he done something when it is inevitably too late.
    If they do make it to the playoffs, it would trully be a waste of time as they are one of the biggest non-contending teams in the league.
    He needs to re-evaluate his players, plays, strategy, and find a formula that works.
    He also needs to stop covering his mouth when he calls plays on the field...i'm pretty sure at 6-8 (losing to the Packers 0-3 as we speak in the first half) nobody is trying to read your lips and steal your plays.

Maybe work a bit harder on the field, instead of off.
    :

ultravikingfan is offline Administrator

Re: the REAL problem

I read up to Chester is overrated and stopped.

Good luck.

VikesFanInNC is offline Rookie

You forgot the time where Pinner cost us the game. The time where he cost us the chance to come back when he was offsides the time we got the onside kick....

BadlandsVikings is offline Jersey Retired

welcome to the site

Thanks for all the words but I don't know how to read

thanks for the reminder on pinner. i do recall that.

sorry for such a long post. i'm just steamed about the vikes i guess.

they should consider themselves lucky it's 0-6 at halftime...

You pretty much said the William's twins are the only defensive players we need to keep?

Wow.

Good luck with that also.

well...who else is stepping up defensively for the vikes??

Tom2Bucs is offline Rookie

I actually agree with everything you said, except that Chester is no way overated! But lets all just stop sugercoating and just face the facts that this is one of the worst Vikings teams in the past 10 years. Yeah they can stop the run-SO WHAT!! They sure as hell cant stop being penalized! These guys have a lot to do in the off-season, PLEASE
    bring in an offensive co-ordinador that knows what he is doing. But on a positive note... I like what I see of TJ i cant wait to see what he can do with some weapons around him.

"alliwantisawin" wrote:
    well...who else is stepping up defensively for the vikes??
    AW
    Griffin
    Smith somewhat
    Nap
    EJ

They are doing good.
    You pretty much said that no one else is worth anything but Pat and Kevin.

"Tom2Bucs" wrote:
    I actually agree with everything you said, except that Chester is no way overated! But lets all just stop sugercoating and just face the facts that this is one of the worst Vikings teams in the past 10 years. Yeah they can stop the run-SO WHAT!! They sure as hell cant stop being penalized! These guys have a lot to do in the off-season, PLEASE
    bring in an offensive co-ordinador that knows what he is doing. But on a positive note... I like what I see of TJ i cant wait to see what he can do with some weapons around him.
    Why does a QB need weopons?
    A good QB can make WR's look good.
    Like McNabb does.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast