Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Real LB's

Real LB's

You can point to numerous things on our defense. Our safeties, and our hole defense for that matter, are very soft. We have one good corner, but Brian Williams isn't anything more than a nickel back. Our linebackers are inexperienced and a bit on the slow side. Our d line is undersized and never got any pressure. It also doesn't help that Cotrell never utilized the magic of what I call a "blitz", which is where you send guys that aren't defensive lineman into the backfield to cause disruption and havoc, it works pretty good, look at Pittsburgh's defense, or what Philly's did.

XTAP59 is offline Coordinator

Real LB's

I to am feeling the letdown sink in of the game.

But, no matter how we rant, as long as Red is the owner, we will never spend the cap money to improve the team. We may sign a good player like Winfield, but will never approach the cap max as most all other teams do.

Let's pray Red is disgusted as well as sells the team in the next month or so.

LURKING ON THE GRASSY KNOLL
    http://lotgk.wordpress.com

berserkers is offline Rookie

Real LB's

"vikingstw" wrote:
    Whatever chuck you really have no voice to tell me what to do and what not to do, he's one of favorite players and i'll defend him when its needed.
    well there you have it.....

He's one of your favorite players. That's why you're defendng him. Theres a reason why they threw to his side all day long, and not Winfields side....

You can defend him if you want, and you're right none of us have a right to tell you not to defend him. But I have every right in the world to tell you he sucks in a big way, and I think you're about the only guy who doesn;t think so.

Let's face it, "B-Will" as you like to call him, is B-bad!
    [img:a634b559b7]http://www.myimgs.com/data/islandercountry/bannerbbers.gif[/img:a634b559b7]

Real LB's

B-on the bench
    [img:a634b559b7]http://www.myimgs.com/data/islandercountry/bannerbbers.gif[/img:a634b559b7]

VikingsTw is offline Jersey Retired

Real LB's

He's one of favorite players because he's good, because he's a playmaker. It wouldnt make sense if i was rushen jones fan cause he doesnt make plays. I'm not ready to kick him to the curb because of one down season. The thing that got me was saying he didnt belong in the NFL. If he does move on then so be it, i wont lose any sleep over it.

It really doesnt matter you cant sign his contract so really you can't do anything about it.

XTAP59 is offline Coordinator

Real LB's

Brian Williams. I say keep him on the field. He would be a good 3rd or 4th nickel back. He is not starter material. But he plays cheap so Red keeps him around.

LURKING ON THE GRASSY KNOLL
    http://lotgk.wordpress.com

Real LB's

"vikingstw" wrote:

It really doesnt matter you cant sign his contract so really you can't do anything about it.
    except say he sucks....

VikingsTw is offline Jersey Retired

Real LB's

And that doesnt do to much from where your sitting.

Odin VAVikefan is offline Pro-Bowler

Real LB's

We need to sign a monster ILB this offseason. The kind of guy that eats babies n' cream for breakfast. I keep getting the feeling that EJ is not so bright, and god knows even as a Terp he couldn't cover for crap. We also can't afford to draft another rookie and wait 2-3 years for him to grow into the position (like the presently unsuccessful EJ expiriment), so we have to pony up the biggest LB contract in team history to get a monster FA. We need LB impact now! Having an LB corps that can blitz in situations will also help add pressure and force turnovers. 2 birds with one stone.
    NMA -- www.newmodelarmy.org

VKG4LFE is offline Jersey Retired Tetris Champion, Monkey GO Happy 4 Champion

Real LB's

I don't know why everyone is so hard on Brian Williams. Considering he plays off WRs because that is the scheme that Cottrell plays is not his fault, sure he's been burnt, but so have some of the best in the league (ie Champ Bailey). The reason they throw his way so much is because Winfield is on the other side, and he is pretty (damn) good! Get off Williams' back, he's not that bad and he WILL be our #2 next year!

I get the most pissed off looks from people with my VKG 4 LFE Wisconsin license plate, and I LOVE IT!!

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast