Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    C Mac D is offline Posting to P'own

Re: Ready, or not? Jackson acting like a starting QB for Vikings

"V" wrote:
    3-13? Is that where we are headed? I would like to think we have more talent than that Colts team.

Anyways, fact is this league is all about the QB when it comes to leadership. The QB will be the face of the team and the QB will be accountable for wins and losses. This is why a QB has to make his teammates believers, and try to exert himself as a leader. Unless a QB makes it HIS team, the team usually does not go far.

I don't neccesarily agree with that but it is a pattern you see in playoff contenders and super bowl winners. Are there exceptions? Of Course, but in the long run I would like TJ to be more than a Dilfer. The fact he is running a WCO means that must be the case if we are to win the big one.

Right now TJ is just developing skills to be a solid NFL QB, but I hope to see some leadership qualities sooner rather than later.
    He does have the team over for BBQ's. I hope that somehow leads to wins.

I have faith in this kid, he'll be just fine (maybe a little bit better than fine).
    Disclaimer: I'm an idiot.

Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!

"V" wrote:
    3-13? Is that where we are headed? I would like to think we have more talent than that Colts team.

Snip

Right now TJ is just developing skills to be a solid NFL QB, but I hope to see some leadership qualities sooner rather than later.
    I don't think so my friend. I still think we will be in the playoff hunt with a 9-7 record just based on the fact that I do believe he has the right talent (OL, RB, WR, TE, FB) to make his life simpler as well as the fact that I don't think anyone is any better than us in the division (see below for rationale).

Bears - Great Defense / Shacky QB / Subtraction in thier running game. / Decent WR's
    Packers - Good Defense / QB that is a shell of himself that is still riding a reputation / Questionable running game. / 1 Good WR, several with promise
    Lions - Shacky Defense (LB/Secondary) / Mediocre QB / Questionable OL
    and well McMullen. / Good WR'r
    Vikes - Pretty damn good Defense / Raw QB / Great Running game that should be improved / Questionable WR's. By the Way I really think Wade is underated and I like the upside of Rice as well as T-will if the contacts help.

Additionally, did I just read today an article posted by the news hound were the guys were talking about his leadership skills?

Bottom line up front.
    I am very optimistic this year.
    Gonna be some lows, but I bet the high's outweight them.
    ;D
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

Purple Floyd is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

The reality is that all of our collective best guesses and 7 dollars will get a us a cup of coffee at Starbucks.

Some things will certainly improve, some may get worse and we have no crystal ball to tell us how hard our teams and our opponents will get hit with injuries. It is going to be a defining season for the coaching staff and the ownership. There are literally a billion dollars at stake this season and if the team comes through as an improved unit and looks like it is moving forward in January we will stand a good chance of putting together a stadium deal and a contract extension for the coach. If we flounder and go on a downhill slide like last year and seem to make no headroom then the stadium will be a harder sell and the owner will have to make some tough decisions and do a real good job of selling his vision.

carta4eva is offline Asst. Coach Space Invaders Champion

"V" wrote:

Anyways, fact is this league is all about the QB when it comes to leadership. The QB will be the face of the team and the QB will be accountable for wins and losses. This is why a QB has to make his teammates believers, and try to exert himself as a leader. Unless a QB makes it HIS team, the team usually does not go far.

I don't neccesarily agree with that but it is a pattern you see in playoff contenders and super bowl winners. Are there exceptions? Of Course, but in the long run I would like TJ to be more than a Dilfer. The fact he is running a WCO means that must be the case if we are to win the big one.

he is much more vocal in the huddle than last year, and to top it off he seems to have that drive that you can't teach someone, that's what I love about this man, I mean anytime you hear that whenever he's not on the field he is watching tape, or taking extra reps with the recievers after practice it gets me giddy, who else in the league do you hear those types of qualities about? Yeah Peyton Manning, no wonder he seeks advice from this guy, he has his work ethic, and strives to have the mental part of Peyton's game as well, when such a young individual shows all this qualities how we all not be excited ;D
    A wise man once said," Defense Wins Championships!"

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12