Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    COJOMAY is offline Jersey Retired

Ready for an audible - Bevell to call plays

http://www.startribune.com/vikings/story/1354687.html
    [size=12pt]After a year of grooming, Darrell Bevell might get his chance to take the reins of the Vikings offense.[/size]
    The man who would call plays once declared his intention to be an orthopedic surgeon. The middle finger on his throwing hand was shattered, the result of a nasty hit during a high school football game, and at 17 Darrell Bevell wanted to learn how to fix it. Himself.
    Kentucky Vikes Fan

When you require nothing, you get nothing; when you expect nothing, you will find nothing; when you embrace nothing, all you will have is nothing.

BadlandsVikings is offline Jersey Retired

Re: Ready for an audible - Bevell to call plays

It's about time.

Sweet ;D Childress was a terrible playcaller...i mean i could have done a better job : This automatically make our offense better

happy camper is offline Team Alumni

Where does it say he will call plays?

If it had a quote from Childress, that is one thing. But it says he might call plays. Which we have all known for a long time.
    "There is good and there is evil. And evil must be punished. Even in the face of Armageddon I will not compromise."

singersp is offline PPO Newshound

"happy" wrote:
    Where does it say he will call plays?

If it had a quote from Childress, that is one thing. But it says he might call plays. Which we have all known for a long time.
    There have been several articles in recent months with Childress stating that he will be relequishing some of the play calling duties.

Use the "ADVANCED SEARCH" & you will find them.

"If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

PurpleTide is offline Team Alumni

Believe me, Chilli is going to be involved still, but having a Offensive Coordinator will help us not be so predictable.

Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!

Here comes the bullshit card.........

Man, I'm getting tired of this whole "The Chiller Calls a Bad Game" rhetoric.

How in the hell can all of you even think that whoever it is behind the headset calling in the plays will change the overall game plan?

Comeon.
    Lets be real.
    Those little plastic sheets they have in their hands don't change automatically during the game.
    And if you have ever see one up close you will see (most teams) that they have plays on them for down and distance/given situations.

Face it my friends, if the towel boy called in the plays and the defense took away what they were trying to do, or the team false starts, or the WR doesn't get seperation, or the fricking sun doesn't shine quite right the play won't work.

Damn........

Venting complete.

Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

PurpleTide is offline Team Alumni

Great vent Marrdro, you have to execute whatever play is called.

Prophet is offline Jersey Retired

"Marrdro" wrote:
    Here comes the bullshit card.........

How in the hell can all of you even think that whoever it is behind the headset calling in the plays will change the overall game plan?

Comeon.
    Lets be real.
    Those little plastic sheets they have in their hands don't change automatically during the game.
    And if you have ever see one up close you will see (most teams) that they have plays on them for down and distance/given situations.

Face it my friends, if the towel boy called in the plays and the defense took away what they were trying to do, or the team false starts, or the WR doesn't get seperation, or the fricking sun doesn't shine quite right the play won't work.

Damn........

Venting complete.

Agree.
    This is one of those examples of if you say something often enough it becomes the truth.
    The breakdown of playcalling from last year in another thread proved that the play calling was not the source of all woes like some choose to believe....fueled by the articles from lazy journalists.
    Execution, penalties, dropped passes, etc. made a huge difference in the effectiveness of the offense last year.
    The blame goes to many, but the whole play calling card is a joke.
    Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please. Mark Twain

AngloVike is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

"Prophet" wrote:
    "Marrdro" wrote:
    Here comes the kaka del rio card.........

Comeon.
    Lets be real.

gol 'darnit........

Venting complete.

Agree.
    This is one of those examples of if you say something often enough it becomes the truth.
    The breakdown of playcalling from last year in another thread proved that the play calling was not the source of all woes like some choose to believe....fueled by the articles from lazy journalists.
    Execution, penalties, dropped passes, etc. made a huge difference in the effectiveness of the offense last year.
    The blame goes to many, but the whole play calling card is a joke.
    I agree that the playcalling was not the reason for the poor offense last season. However I like the idea of the OC calling the plays so that Childress can step back and look at things from a more detatched view. I'm not against the HC indicating if he'd prefer a running or passing play for the next down, but think that the OC should then have the leeway to then call a play - otherwise why bother having an OC?
    Time spent annoying a Packer fan is never time wasted...

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast