Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    snowinapril is offline Jersey Retired

Re: Read what Was said about Daunte without Randy in UCF

"Storm" wrote:
    What was the point of this thread? To prove that Pep is all that and a bag of chips without Randy. I gave some cold numbers about how they are fairing without eachother so far. Team records have absolutely nothing to do with this topic.

Any other questions?
    Team records have nothing to do with this?

I bet if DC was playing bad without What's his name, and we were 3-1, this wouldn't even be a topic.

Also, you can't just put up the stats you did and say that is the end al be all. There is so much more going on as I stated above.

Storm is offline Pro-Bowler

"snowinapril" wrote:
    There are different variables that you are omitting from this equation.

One, the offensive line and two, the offensive coordinator, you can't just compare stats.

The Raiders haven't had as many changes to the offensive personel as we have. I think they lost WR Curry to an injury but the rest of the key components are still intact.

The Raiders are not playing Musical lineman, we are.
    While we are adding variables, lets keep in mind that Randy is playing with possibly the worst QB in his carrer, Kerry Collins. Also, he's in an offense that wastn exactly stellar last season either.

The point is, the stats are there. You can make of those numbers whatever you want, but thet're on the table. Variables, on the other hand, work both ways.

"Storm" wrote:
    What was the point of this thread? To prove that Pep is all that and a bag of chips without Randy. I gave some cold numbers about how they are fairing without eachother so far. Team records have absolutely nothing to do with this topic.

Any other questions?
    The point of this thread was to say that we believe in DC and he will bounce back. People have seen talent in him before and they will again.

"Storm" wrote:
    The point is, the stats are there. You can make of those numbers whatever you want, but thet're on the table. Variables, on the other hand, work both ways.
    Corelation does not prove causality!

But you are trying to tell me it is a fact that the numbers are on the table.

I fully agree with you that variables work both was, and that is why I said it is hard to pinpoint, and that I am stating an opinion. But you are trying to tell me it is a fact simply because it is in the stats.

Yes, Moss is having a better statistical season as a WR than DC is having as a QB. I can admit that.

I am not a moss hater!

I am a DC lover!

Are you a DC hater? It is alright to have that opinion, but why spread the hate. We are starting to simmer down from our ATL blowout and it is just perpetuating the negativity.

Jviking is offline Pro-Bowler

I stand behind Daunte and I am sure at some point in our near future most of you will too. How can you possibly argue he does not have talent? We have all high fived the remarkable plays he has made for us in the past and will do so in the future once again. Hopefully sooner than later. come on
    chicago!!!
    I BLEED PURPLE!

Storm is offline Pro-Bowler

"snowinapril" wrote:
    [quote]"Storm" wrote:
    Yes, Moss is having a better statistical season as a WR than DC is having as a QB. I can admit that.
    Hey, thats all I was trying to say. To dumb it down a little, Randy is playing as well as ever and Pep is playing like crap.

I am not a DC hater, but I do think that he is simply NOT the leader he was hyped to be after Moss's departure. Remember all the "it's Pepper's team now" statements? He's simply not living up to it. I'd be very happy for him to prove me wrong and lead us deep into playoffs, but I simply dont see this happening this season with him as our QB.

"Storm" wrote:
    Hey, thats all I was trying to say. To dumb it down a little, Randy is playing as well as ever and Pep is playing like crap.

I am not a DC hater, but I do think that he is simply NOT the leader he was hyped to be after Moss's departure. Remember all the "it's Pepper's team now" statements? He's simply not living up to it. I'd be very happy for him to prove me wrong and lead us deep into playoffs, but I simply dont see this happening this season with him as our QB.

It is hard for all of us to see that happening "this season."

It is easy to see the leader on a winning team, cause it looks like they are actually being lead somewhere. Plus the media has no problem appointing the leader for us, even there might be plenty of others leading behind the scene. I didn't know Birk was as outspoken as he was until the Moss/Wash debacle when Birk chimed up.

When it comes down to it, if you have the ability to play, you can lead. Pep does have that ability, and he will be able to lead. Any of that leadership psychology crap that is suppose to get more out of a player than he has in himself, that is the coaches job.

I don't think our coaches have done that under the Tice Era. No gut checks, not just for DC, but for the whole team. It has shown with the Turf/Grass, Home/Away, and inability to bounce back during the losing cycles.

Pep will bounce back.

BTW, little side note, I saw a stat that Favre hasn't put together a comeback "W" after being down 15 points in a game. I looked at it and started to doubt if it was correct. Then I was thinking, it was because of the Mystique surounding superman that I didn't believe it at first. He has lead game winning drives before, sure. I overated Favre's abilities. 15 points is actually a lot of points atleast 2 TD with a 2 pt conversion.

tastywaves is offline Ring of Fame

I like Daunte as well, always have. I think he is a special athlete which I'm always a sucker for.

The thing about Daunte that is disappointing is the mental aspects of his game. He gets in these "funks" where he looks like he has lost confidence, the game speeds up for him and he starts making mistakes (locking on to single receiver, holding the ball too long, fumbling and afraid to make the throw when he's had a couple bad ones). He wants to succeed, he works hard, does all the right things, but either he needs to find a better mentor on the coaching staff or bring Tony Robbins into to keep him positive during the bad times.

With that being said, if the Vikings can start executing better on offense I'm sure we'll see the "good" Daunte back on the field. I just hope he learns to get tougher mentally every time he goes through these little funks and is able to bust through them more effectively in the future.

mvikes84 is offline Starter

"Storm" wrote:
    Fast forward to present time, for all you Moss bashers:

Randy without Pep - second in the league in recieving yards
    Pep without Randy - 4 TDs and 14 turnovers

Thanks for playing.
    Short and to the point. Thank you very much.

mvikes84 is offline Starter

"Storm" wrote:

Any other questions?
    I think that about covers it.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast