UTVikfan is offline Coordinator

Re: Well it about as offical as it can be at the moment...

CPep decided to put on a poker face and force his way outta town, imo. You don't go ask for a $10 million dollar raise after blowing your knee to high heaven, with a straight face, unless your playing poker.

Can you blame him? The boat bit, bad year last year, knee to rehab, smack talk from the Vikes fans for years and worse this year, new coach, new offense, no Randy, new QB coach, new OC coach, new O-line coach, and it goes on and on and on. The coaches have no experience at the level they are at. Were it me at my work, I would BAIL!

BBQ Platypus is offline Team Alumni

"Del Rio" wrote:
    "BBQ Platypus" wrote:
    I'd rather gamble on an injured player than on a 38-year old. Who here remembers Jeff George's 2000 season? Anybody? That one was a real doozy, wasn't it? A season to remember! And how about Randall Cunningham's triumphant follow-up to a 15-1 season in 1999? Man, he sure tore up the league! How about the sunset years of Brett Favre's career? Did he look like the same Favre who won a Super Bowl or what? :roll:

Give me a break. Brad has no more than one good season left in him. If money is what this is about, let's make it worth their while to keep him. If they trade Daunte, don't buy tickets (ask for your money back if you have - selling them won't do any good), don't buy any merchandise, and don't support a stadium. Keep cheering for the Vikings, but don't let that "cap man" GM make a profit from it. If we start a petition around about this and prove that they would lose more money than they would save by trading Culpepper, maybe they'll come to their senses.

I know that they still might not trade him anyway, but I don't think we should take any chances considering how the Moss trade went down last year.
    Lets try really really hard not to make this thread about Brad Johnson and what you feel his drawbacks are.

If we can manage to keep one Culpepper thread focused on a subject that doesn't pit the two athletes together then it will be a success.
    There are about 5 other threads that would be better suited for that comparison.
    I'm not using this as an excuse to bash Brad Johnson. I'm just making a point that trading a franchise quarterback and sticking with a 38-year-old is a bad idea and should be avoided at all costs. This is especially true if all we get in return is a second-rounder, which is unlikely to do much to improve ourselves at the quarterback position. What I'm trying to say is that we would be cannibalizing ourselves if we made this trade and jeopardizing our team at the quarterback position. It would be a huge gamble from which we would gain nothing (unless the 2nd-round pick ends up being a Hall of Famer). I don't doubt Johnson's experience and ability. It's his age, combined with the inexperience of the rest of our quarterbacks, that makes me think that this trade is a horrible idea.

"This is my timey-wimey detector. It goes ding when there's stuff."

nephilimstorm is offline Star Spokesman

My thoughts on Cpep trade....

I have to say this,

What a distraction to the team.

What a freaking ego

What plans by Wilf....

Give the ball to a super bowl Quaterback

and

Maybe just maybe another package will work this time, not like Hershel did, in the Vikings favor

Del Rio Guest

"BBQ Platypus" wrote:
    "Del Rio" wrote:
    "BBQ Platypus" wrote:
    I'd rather gamble on an injured player than on a 38-year old. Who here remembers Jeff George's 2000 season? Anybody? That one was a real doozy, wasn't it? A season to remember! And how about Randall Cunningham's triumphant follow-up to a 15-1 season in 1999? Man, he sure tore up the league! How about the sunset years of Brett Favre's career? Did he look like the same Favre who won a Super Bowl or what? :roll:

Give me a break. Brad has no more than one good season left in him. If money is what this is about, let's make it worth their while to keep him. If they trade Daunte, don't buy tickets (ask for your money back if you have - selling them won't do any good), don't buy any merchandise, and don't support a stadium. Keep cheering for the Vikings, but don't let that "cap man" GM make a profit from it. If we start a petition around about this and prove that they would lose more money than they would save by trading Culpepper, maybe they'll come to their senses.

I know that they still might not trade him anyway, but I don't think we should take any chances considering how the Moss trade went down last year.
    Lets try really really hard not to make this thread about Brad Johnson and what you feel his drawbacks are.

If we can manage to keep one Culpepper thread focused on a subject that doesn't pit the two athletes together then it will be a success.
    There are about 5 other threads that would be better suited for that comparison.
    I'm not using this as an excuse to bash Brad Johnson. I'm just making a point that trading a franchise quarterback and sticking with a 38-year-old is a bad idea and should be avoided at all costs. This is especially true if all we get in return is a second-rounder, which is unlikely to do much to improve ourselves at the quarterback position. What I'm trying to say is that we would be cannibalizing ourselves if we made this trade and jeopardizing our team at the quarterback position. It would be a huge gamble from which we would gain nothing (unless the 2nd-round pick ends up being a Hall of Famer). I don't doubt Johnson's experience and ability. It's his age, combined with the inexperience of the rest of our quarterbacks, that makes me think that this trade is a horrible idea.
    I don't know how many people think Brad Johnson is the future, but I am sure they are few and far between. The general consensus seems to be he will play this year and we will search for a replacement while he plays.

2beersTommy is offline Team Alumni

fumblepepper IMO asked for a raise to secure his future..NOT knowing what his condition will be after his therapy..(cough) trade bait

ultravikingfan is offline Administrator

[size=18px]Don't post in a Moved Thread by clicking on the last post icon , your comments will not follow the original thread.[/size]

mnjamie is offline Ring of Fame

"BBQ Platypus" wrote:
    "Del Rio" wrote:
    "BBQ Platypus" wrote:

I agree with what your saying. But also see it another way. Why put all your "eggs" or in this case salary cap into a QB who is a HUGE question mark at this point from a health standpoint, not to mention being the "distraction" currently that he claimed Randy was when that whole ordeal went down last year.

If he wants out, let him out. Put all his money into the holes we currently have on the team and play the games to see how it pans out. No reason to keep someone around, AND FRIGGIN' PAY HIM, if he wants out .... IMO

BBQ Platypus is offline Team Alumni

"nephilimstorm" wrote:
    My thoughts on Cpep trade....

I have to say this,

What a distraction to the team.

What a freaking ego

What plans by Wilf....

Give the ball to a super bowl Quaterback

and

Maybe just maybe another package will work this time, not like Hershel did, in the Vikings favor
    A 38-year-old Super Bowl quarterback (read: a QB who happened to be on the right team in the right year) who, although he's a good, reliable quarterback, would most likely play for no more than one season (which is a really small number, in case you didn't know) before we would have to get another QB, probably from the draft, as most teams don't trade away their franchise quarterback for peanuts. Thus, we would have an inexperienced rookie quarterback who would have to learn the offense as the season went along.

Call me crazy, but that doesn't sound like a recipie for a Super Bowl to me.

"This is my timey-wimey detector. It goes ding when there's stuff."

ultravikingfan is offline Administrator

The thread is moved here http://www.purplepride.org/index.php?name=Forums&file=viewtopic&p=317841#3178 41,

please stop posting in a moved thread by clicking on the last topic icon. Thanks.