Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Del Rio Guest

Re: So, who misses Daunte?

I would take a Brad that doesn't turnover the ball over a turnover prone Culpepper any day.

I would take a focused Culpepper who is mentally sound over any Qb in the NFL anyday.

It's a shame the coaching staff didn't have the balls to sit Culpepper. I honestly think if they would have benched him he would have regained composure and had more success.

FuadFan is offline Hall of Famer

"Del Rio" wrote:
    I would take a Brad that doesn't turnover the ball over a turnover prone Culpepper any day.

I would take a focused Culpepper who is mentally sound over any Qb in the NFL anyday.

It's a shame the coaching staff didn't have the balls to sit Culpepper. I honestly think if they would have benched him he would have regained composure and had more success.
    What bothers me is that they did not try to use their current offensive pass plan with Daunte before he left that they are currently running with Brad under center.
    Minnesota Vikings : Simply the best

Webby is offline Administrator
    Blog Entries

I am satisfied with Brad, just not with the calls. If Bennett gets one more start, I may go postal.

Del Rio Guest

What exactly do you think is different? Looks the same to me.

Besides the fact he was holding the ball way to long.

Ltrey33 is offline Jersey Retired

"FuadFan" wrote:
    "Del Rio" wrote:

What bothers me is that they did not try to use their current offensive pass plan with Daunte before he left that they are currently running with Brad under center.
    This game plan is much, much better than the one they had with Culpepper. The quicker routes, the comebacks and the quicker 3 and 5 step drops give the offense much better rhythm and help to set up the longer passes. With Culpepper they always ran those long developing vertical patterns which made him hold the ball and take all of those sacks. With our offensive line we can't hold the ball, it's got to get out of there quickly. I think if C-Pep would have been using that system earlier in the year, we woudl have been more successful.

"webmaster" wrote:
    I am satisfied with Brad, just not with the calls. If Bennett gets one more start, I may go postal.
    Me too Webby.

V4L
    V4L is offline Jersey Retired

Pep just needed to work on a few things.. I would take Pep over Brad anyday.. But i'm loving Brad's desisions.. Pep needs to learn from him

sdvikefan is offline Hall of Famer

THe playcalling today was very bad, but I'd still take Pep over Brad because today there were several times when the play went to crap and Pep would have scrambled for a gain, but Brad had to stay in the pocket. In Brad's credit he did avoid the sack a few times, but I still miss the scramble factor that we had with Daunte because no defense is ever ready for it.
    "Meet at the quarterback!" -Purple People Eaters

jimmymac is offline Pro-Bowler

Culpepper is too indecisive, always scrambling because he hadn't thrown the ball. This lead to sacks and turnovers.

The routes were just as quick with Culpepper. Brad Johnson is just a more decisive QB and a BETTER LEADER.

IMO
    -- Sarcasm always turned on --

mnvikes61 is offline Team Alumni

"sdvikefan" wrote:
    THe playcalling today was very bad, but I'd still take Pep over Brad because today there were several times when the play went to crap and Pep would have scrambled for a gain, but Brad had to stay in the pocket. In Brad's credit he did avoid the sack a few times, but I still miss the scramble factor that we had with Daunte because no defense is ever ready for it.
    i'd agree that Pep probaly could have scrambled out of the pocket to avoid the pass rush but he still probaly would have tried to force something when the offense wasn't clicking. i think Pep has trouble managing the game he feels he has to make a big play everytime he touches the ball. Johnson takes what he can get

Thanks Josdin

Ddawg84 is offline Starter

"Del Rio" wrote:

I know what your sayin, but if you think about it, the week before he got hurt against Green Bay Daunte was the NFL's offensive player of the week for his performance. And he also was doing just fine and leading our team on a drive against Carolina when he got hurt after his long run... so i know what you mean about lovin him as a player when he is not pressin and his head is on right... but i think he is starting to figure out the new type of offense he has and was making a lot of progress. Brad is good for our offense right now though... cause we have a dip and dunk offense without nearly as much firepower as we use to have... and it all starts with our o line up front. I am not giving up.... but damn i can not wait till next year!!!

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast