CanadaViking is offline Pro-Bowler

Re: Moss Trade Retrospective

Culpepper WILL play in Minnesota next year, no question about it, he is big, strong, and can throw the deep ball. As for his mistakes, he made plenty. however everyone forgets that the ship was being turned around at the time of the injury. The Vikes came back from 17-0 deficit to the Packers at half time to win and when C-Pep was injured they were driving the field down by 7 (he took the ball down to the 12 yd line or something for a 1st down) on their first drive of the game. We wil never know what would have happened, however I'd like to believe they would have made a game of it in Carolina.

Culpepper didn't play anywhere near his standards this year, but I feel he was coming on at the time of his injury. There is NO better option for QB then C-Pep, BJ is not going to take us to the promised land, that is not to say C-Pep will, I just think he gives us the best shot, period. I respect BJ and what he did for the Vikes, unfortunately it was against lesser opponents and when the games counted they could not finish.

Certainly the pairing of Moss and Pep was strong and I don't think you'll hear either of them admit it, but together they were awesome, and apart I think both are envious of their previous predicament. As far as who won the trade it is mute point, as both teams struggled this year, so declare a winner would be premature. And the only way the Raiders drop Moss is in favor of bringing in TO and to me that would be a mistake as Moss is younger and IMO better. None of us know to what extent Moss was hurt, but IMO, he must have been hurt pretty badly, becuase at the beginning of the season it was the same Moss that we all loved in Minnesota. If is touches were down, it was for a reason, and for Moss to have not lashed out for a lack of touches it was because he was decoy. MOss wants the f-in ball, that is a fact, he was hurt anyone that watches a lot of football, know it!

The prospect of Moss fading into oblivion is NOT true, he had a bad year adn wherever he ends up next season, watch out, he'll be back up to his old antics 1500yds, 95cat's, and 19 td's.

As far as T-Will goes, the guy only had like 25 balls thrown his way, I blame the coaches for not utilizing this guys speed, we all saw that one hande grab on Sunday, you do not learn how to do that, it is just in you. I am not going to say he will be the next Moss, but the kid will be good!

Cheers!

ultravikingfan is offline Administrator

Don't post in a "Moved" thread by hitting the "View last post" button please.

"ultravikingfan" wrote:
    I didn't, I just made a long post and maybe it was moving while I typed?

ultravikingfan is offline Administrator

"CanadaViking" wrote:
    "ultravikingfan" wrote:
    I didn't, I just made a long post and maybe it was moving while I typed?
    Ok.

I know a lot of people hit this in a moved thread and post. There post will not go with the moved thread this way.

I just didn't know what you meant!

Cheers!